ADVERTISEMENT

Mater Dei 61 HW 56

It's hard for me to say Iriafan dominates Demetre when the Monarchs still got the win. Maybe Mater Dei is just more well rounded?

Kiki was the dominant big…watch the hilites the first three quarters Demetre
Had zero points…. Maybe they will meet in the SoCal Regional I assume the CIF will take MD, CC and HW in there… Add Clovis West and we got something!!!

Are the seniors going to play? I would think the answer is NO because they have to get ready for college ball. Any thoughts?

I assume you mean after June 13th?

SoCal Regional Championship Information

Preliminary Games Schedule

Round I - Tue., June 15 at Host Sites @ 7:00 pm

Regional Semi-Finals - Thu., June 17 at Host Sites @ 7:00 pm

Regional Finals - Sat., June 19 at Host Sites @ 7:00 pm

Do the seven extra days impact their schedule?

Call me a moron with a weak crossover, but isn't Demetre a point guard or point forward and not a post person? Didn't Stanford sign her as a perimeter player? But what do I know. I still think Soupy Sales deserved an Emmy.

Watch the hilites you see her guarding her
Demetre position is forward..
Same as Kiki
Maybe just maybe Kiki was a better player

Iriafen and Demetre are completely different players.

Iriafen is a long, wiry, athletic 6-2 who is more a 3/4 than a pure power forward. When we played her a couple years ago, she was mostly inside, but I don't know if she's added a three-point shot.

Demetre is a more solidly built 6-2 who's a stretch four. She can shoot the three but is more a glue player on an elite team that the main star.

All in all, I would think most college coaches would say Iriafen is the better player, but Demetre is definitely going to help Stanford win a lot of games.

Having watched Demetre for several years, she is clearly a facilitating point forward type, pass-first, selfless, high team-IQ. Terrific.

Reactions: OnBall8
Having watched Demetre for several years, she is clearly a facilitating point forward type, pass-first, selfless, high team-IQ. Terrific.

I haven't had the pleasure of watching Kiki play yet but I'm going to have to go back and watch film. What I like about Brooke is that she will facilitate, play tough defense and then often erupt offensively when it matters. You know So-Cal is loaded with talent when you have these type of matchups in the section playoffs.

Hard to say who's the best. Iriafen, Breya Cunningham, Londynn Jones, Jayda Curry, Juju Watkins are all legit candidates.

All are SoCal kids: Cunningham (LJCD), Watkins (Windward), Jones and Curry (Centennial).

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT