ADVERTISEMENT

Maxpreps top 10 QBs of the last decade

Legit list. But, my opinion is Jake Browning (in high school) was the second best QB while at Folsom. Dano Graves was probably one of the best high school players to play the position. His leadership, video game-like stats, Gatorade POY in nation, etc! I coached against both for three years each, and appreciated the level of execution both brought to the field, but I still scratch my head at what Graves did while at Folsom.

Legit list. But, my opinion is Jake Browning (in high school) was the second best QB while at Folsom. Dano Graves was probably one of the best high school players to play the position. His leadership, video game-like stats, Gatorade POY in nation, etc! I coached against both for three years each, and appreciated the level of execution both brought to the field, but I still scratch my head at what Graves did while at Folsom.
Dano Graves was amazing to watch. I miss those days.

Napa's John Boyett was more than amazing to watch. Boyett was the best SJS QB in the past ten years in my opinion. The kid was "Mr. Do it all" on Friday nights and won a section championship as well. Would have been a 5* QB in Folsom's system and highly recruited by DI colleges.

Graves team was still the best HS team i've ever seen up here. The thumping they put on Serra Gardena was of epic proportion. I will never forget being at Praire View Stadium in the pouring rain watching a 70-0 blitz on a very good Vacaville team. If Folsom wanted they might have come close to 100 that game. They were that good.

Graves team was still the best HS team i've ever seen up here. The thumping they put on Serra Gardena was of epic proportion. I will never forget being at Praire View Stadium in the pouring rain watching a 70-0 blitz on a very good Vacaville team. If Folsom wanted they might have come close to 100 that game. They were that good.
They were great but the 2014 team was hands down the best and most talented.

Reactions: JoeMixon

People forget that the 2010 Folsom-Vaca game was a tale of two halves. Folsom raced out to a 75-0 halftime lead...but the Bulldogs of Vacaville made adjustments and actually out scored Folsom in the second half 6-0.

Before you internet commando's go nuts...I was being sarcastic. Folsom 2010 was amazing in all phases of the game.

I was there in the pouring rain as well. It was 75-0 at halftime, ended up being 75-6 final and Graves didn't play the second half. I still feel he was more accurate on deep balls than Browning. Although I love watching Browning, rooting for U W and Folsom. I plan on watching Browning and UW play Stanford in November.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
I will never forget that game. The wind and rain was like a monsoon. Graves was special. And this was a good Vacaville team. As we all know Dankings went into depression for weeks. (JK) I've really enjoyed Folsom over the last decade. Some of the best football in the country has been played on that blue field.

I will never forget that game. The wind and rain was like a monsoon. Graves was special. And this was a good Vacaville team. As we all know Dankings went into depression for weeks. (JK) I've really enjoyed Folsom over the last decade. Some of the best football in the country has been played on that blue field.
I believe the Dawgs got redemption the following season in the finals at Sac State!

Reactions: dipskp
He was a true dual threat. He wasn't just a runner who threw distributed it like a point guard. He could actually drive the ball and drive it with accuracy. You don't see that very often.
Check out the little mini series they did on that team on youtube. It is so fun to remember!

That is the first episode. There is some great stuff there!

Reactions: ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL
Reactions: feyder
They talk about that in the first episode of the documentary. I remember when that kick hit the crossbar. One of the best games I've ever seen. I fully believe that game was the reason that Folsom did what it did the next season.

As a D.O. family, we were about to leave at half, but stuck around to see what more Dano was going to do, then Bryce Pratt took over. Unthinkable result. FINALLY, SFL football is back tonight! Good luck to your Bulldogs!

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
As a D.O. family, we were about to leave at half, but stuck around to see what more Dano was going to do, then Bryce Pratt took over. Unthinkable result. FINALLY, SFL football is back tonight! Good luck to your Bulldogs!
Thank you. And I remember that night fondly even though we were on the other side. It was truly unbelievable to watch, especially as a football fan.

They were great but the 2014 team was hands down the best and most talented.

IMO, the only area the 2014 team was better was line play, which is a certainly huge factor. But the skill positions on both side of the ball goes to the 2010 team, as well as the dual threat ability of Graves at the QB position.

Also, despite the injuries to Shaq and Ference Lang, the 2010 Folsom team had the best and most impressive win between the two teams (over top 10 Nationally ranked Grant Union). Had the 2014 team been able to play against DLS and represent, different story. But they never did face a team close to the level of that 2010 Pacers team. You could argue that that Serra's 2010 team was also better than any team the 2014 squad was able to play. We all know they were really, really good, but unfortunately we'll never really know just how good because they never faced a truly elite team. Oceanside was merely a good team. They were nowhere near elite or in the class of Grant/Serra 2010. Everyone knew that before the game was played.

That was the greatest playoff weekend, especially at a single venue. that I've ever witnessed in person. The DO-Folsom game on Friday night followed by the Rocklin-Grant Union game on Saturday night. Both were epic games that ended on missed FG attempts. When lots of fans were leaving at halftime (Folsom led 35-7) I told my son that they were gonna be disappointed because Del Oro is going to make a comeback. I'm no prophet, but if you watched the first half and also had seen Del Oro play a few times that season, you just knew it was gonna happen.

Not only was DO a physically punishing team that wore teams down in the 2nd half with Bryce Pratt, they actually moved the ball at will the 1st half and left several TD's on the field. Pratt should have scored early in the game but decided to truck a defender at the goal line instead of ensuring the score and fumbled going into the end zone. There were several plays like it that prevented the Golden Eagles from putting points on the board. I fully expected DO to punish Folsom on the ground and take control the 2nd half, which is what they did. What I didn't know was that they'd be able to hold Folsom's offense to 7 points. Or that they'd recover two onside kicks. But as soon as they scored to close to within 42-41 --- I told my son that Casey Taylor would go for 2 and the win. I couldn't believe how quickly Graves drove the Bulldogs to short FG range. When that ball got tipped and hit the crossbar and went straight up, it seemed like it hung in the air for an eternity. I couldn't tell for sure if it fell just short or barely fell in, until the players started reacting.

Those 2 games that weekend were amazing. In fact, and I've said this many times, the entire 2009 season was amazing. It had the best D2 bracket I've ever seen in the SJS. Rocklin, Grant Union, St. Mary's, Del Oro and Folsom all were legit and capable of winning Section and State that season.

Last edited:
Reactions: feyder
IMO, the only area the 2014 team was better was line play, which is a certainly huge factor. But the skill positions on both side of the ball goes to the 2010 team, as well as the dual threat ability of Graves at the QB position.

Also, despite the injuries to Shaq and Ference Lang, the 2010 Folsom team had the best and most impressive win between the two teams (over top 10 Nationally ranked Grant Union). Had the 2014 team been able to play against DLS and represent, different story. But they never did face a team close to the level of that 2010 Pacers team. You could argue that that Serra's 2010 team was also better than any team the 2014 squad was able to play. We all know they were really, really good, but unfortunately we'll never really know just how good because they never faced a truly elite team. Oceanside was merely a good team. They were nowhere near elite or in the class of Grant/Serra 2010. Everyone knew that before the game was played.

That was the greatest playoff weekend, especially at a single venue. that I've ever witnessed in person. The DO-Folsom game on Friday night followed by the Rocklin-Grant Union game on Saturday night. Both were epic games that ended on missed FG attempts. When lots of fans were leaving at halftime (Folsom led 35-7) I told my son that they were gonna be disappointed because Del Oro is going to make a comeback. I'm no prophet, but if you watched the first half and also had seen Del Oro play a few times that season, you just knew it was gonna happen.

Not only was DO a physically punishing team that wore teams down in the 2nd half with Bryce Pratt, they actually moved the ball at will the 1st half and left several TD's on the field. Pratt should have scored early in the game but decided to truck a defender at the goal line instead of ensuring the score and fumbled going into the end zone. There were several plays like it that prevented the Golden Eagles from putting points on the board. I fully expected DO to punish Folsom on the ground and take control the 2nd half, which is what they did. What I didn't know was that they'd be able to hold Folsom's offense to 7 points. Or that they'd recover two onside kicks. But as soon as they scored to close to within 42-41 --- I told my son that Casey Taylor would go for 2 and the win. I couldn't believe how quickly Graves drove the Bulldogs to short FG range. When that ball got tipped and hit the crossbar and went straight up, it seemed like it hung in the air for an eternity. I couldn't tell for sure if it fell just short or barely fell in, until the players started reacting.

Those 2 games that weekend were amazing. In fact, and I've said this many times, the entire 2009 season was amazing. It had the best D2 bracket I've ever seen in the SJS. Rocklin, Grant Union, St. Mary's, Del Oro and Folsom all were legit and capable of winning Section and State that season.
Thanks for sharing your recollection of the '09 season. Totally took me back in time for a moment.

Reactions: ThunderRam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT