ADVERTISEMENT

MC will play in Quincy Shootout 2025!

Bryce has connections there . no big surprise. One of the lead guys there s a Sacramento Kings fan and Sheldon played there and gave him an autographed kings jersey

Reactions: M.C. fan

2025 Participants
Bishop O'Connell (Arlington, VA)
Booker T Washington (Tulsa, OK)
Chaminade College Prep (St. Louis, MO)
Father Tolton (Columbia, MO)
Millard North (Omaha, NE)
Millard North Girls (Omaha, NE)
Modesto Christian (Modesto, CA)
Meridian High (Mounds, IL)
Oak Park High (Kansas City, MO)
Quincy Notre Dame (Quincy, IL)
Quincy Sr. High (Quincy, IL)
Quincy Sr. High Girls (Quincy, IL)
Shawnee Mission NW (Shawnee Mission, KS)
The Phelps School (Malvern, PA)
Vashon High (St. Louis, MO)

We have 4 additional teams that will be added​

The Field is incredible this year. Do yourself a favor and get out to Quincy. It is the size of Lodi, on the Mississippi River. Yes, it's cold but not any worse than skiing. They have good German, Polish, BBQ and 1 high-end steakhouse. The restaurants have excellent food and plenty of bars. The gym and the environment is second to none. amazing setup, except snacks? You can fly into St. Louis a day before and see the Arch. Hour and some change up to Quincy. You like high school basketball, come watch teams from the Midwest and East coast. Yes, they know about Modesto Christian baby!!

The Field is incredible this year. Do yourself a favor and get out to Quincy. It is the size of Lodi, on the Mississippi River. Yes, it's cold but not any worse than skiing. They have good German, Polish, BBQ and 1 high-end steakhouse. The restaurants have excellent food and plenty of bars. The gym and the environment is second to none. amazing setup, except snacks? You can fly into St. Louis a day before and see the Arch. Hour and some change up to Quincy. You like high school basketball, come watch teams from the Midwest and East coast. Yes, they know about Modesto Christian baby!!
stay outta North St. Louis... if you think oakland is bad... STL is 10 times worse

stay outta North St. Louis... if you think oakland is bad... STL is 10 times worse
So I know St. louis. If you are north of Del Mar then you have high crime. Did you know Most of St. Louis is beautiful. Two Universities ( St. Louis U./Washington U.) side by side make a must see and visit. They have Tower Park that is awesome. The Hill is the oldest Italian neighborhood in the USA. excellent restaurants and bars. You can park on the streets and not worry about the walk back to your car. The West End is posh and wealthy, Maryland avenue is awesome. Funny people claim St. Louis is more dangerous than any other Metro. I also know Oakland, lived on myrtle across from McClymond's and off 14th and Mandela.

I have always heard that East St. Louis was the worst. Maybe Northeast St. L is the worst combo. :)
east st louis is its own city and NOT in missouri. they are different from us in st louis. east st louis high school is quite the athletic factory though. their football and basketball teams are really good.

Just now was watching a video listing the USA's most dangerous cities... St. Louis was #9. Same list, Oakland was #7.

And St. Louis U was ranked the most dangerous school in Missouri. So, if I were going to go to Quincy, I'd fly to another airport, or get the f outa STL as fast as I could without bothering with the tourism.

Last edited:
Just now was watching a video listing the USA's most dangerous cities... St. Louis was #9. Same list, Oakland was #7.

And St. Louis U was ranked the most dangerous school in Missouri. So, if I were going to go to Quincy, I'd fly to another airport, or get the f outa STL as fast as I could without bothering with the tourism.
But our baseball stadium is the best! Ballpark Village is amazing! The airport is in the county so it's safe. SLU is a great school too.

So I know St. louis. If you are north of Del Mar then you have high crime. Did you know Most of St. Louis is beautiful. Two Universities ( St. Louis U./Washington U.) side by side make a must see and visit. They have Tower Park that is awesome. The Hill is the oldest Italian neighborhood in the USA. excellent restaurants and bars. You can park on the streets and not worry about the walk back to your car. The West End is posh and wealthy, Maryland avenue is awesome. Funny people claim St. Louis is more dangerous than any other Metro. I also know Oakland, lived on myrtle across from McClymond's and off 14th and Mandela.
i was born in st louis, my entire family was born in st louis, my parents are graduates of the Pruitt and Igoe. my brother is a city cop, 3 others first gen are city cops. i have never felt unsafe in oakland. i def watch my back when i am visiting st louis. sadly the homicide count in stl is higher than oakland and people think oakland is bad. SLU and WashU are def beautiful. it is also like many midwest cities really segregated. i dont think i went to school with another race for my first 6 years. now this was forever ago and when i moved to LA i was in culture shock at all the different looking people

i was born in st louis, my entire family was born in st louis, my parents are graduates of the Pruitt and Igoe. my brother is a city cop, 3 others first gen are city cops. i have never felt unsafe in oakland. i def watch my back when i am visiting st louis. sadly the homicide count in stl is higher than oakland and people think oakland is bad. SLU and WashU are def beautiful. it is also like many midwest cities really segregated. i dont think i went to school with another race for my first 6 years. now this was forever ago and when i moved to LA i was in culture shock at all the different looking people
Did you know that St. Louis is Headquarters for the most amount of US Companies in any american City?
Have you traveled through Clayton, The Hill or the West End?
Have you been to Arts District on University?
I could go on and on. Oakland as any other city you wish to realm unsafe and unworthy for travel.
I was born in Missouri as well my friend. Royals' die-hard.
Oakland Raider fan now LV.
Also, not a word on Quincy, a lovely replication of Midwest towns and values.
Most who go to Quincy shootout, have one day in St. Louis. The Arch park is so clean, unpolluted, no homeless and clean free bathrooms.
So Great you have heritage in the Show Me State.
If one who is a High School Basketball fanatic, this is the premium of shootouts.
Showcases Midwest, East Coast teams that play with enormous intensity.
Look at the talent on these teams.

NorCalPreps: St. Louis is beautiful, yes northern side of town which is north of Del Mar Loop ( Reminds me of Telegraph in Berkeley) has crime. What some posters have not mentioned is most crime is drug and shootings much like many ghettos across this Great Land!

Did you know that St. Louis is Headquarters for the most amount of US Companies in any american City?
Have you traveled through Clayton, The Hill or the West End?
Have you been to Arts District on University?
I could go on and on. Oakland as any other city you wish to realm unsafe and unworthy for travel.
I was born in Missouri as well my friend. Royals' die-hard.
Oakland Raider fan now LV.
Also, not a word on Quincy, a lovely replication of Midwest towns and values.
Most who go to Quincy shootout, have one day in St. Louis. The Arch park is so clean, unpolluted, no homeless and clean free bathrooms.
So Great you have heritage in the Show Me State.
If one who is a High School Basketball fanatic, this is the premium of shootouts.
Showcases Midwest, East Coast teams that play with enormous intensity.
Look at the talent on these teams.

NorCalPreps: St. Louis is beautiful, yes northern side of town which is north of Del Mar Loop ( Reminds me of Telegraph in Berkeley) has crime. What some posters have not mentioned is most crime is drug and shootings much like many ghettos across this Great Land!
dont get me wrong. i am so st louis.. ask my tattotist...
but please dont tell these people its safe to be hanging in north city.
go to the arch, go see ballpark village and get on outta there. 2020 263 homicides.. 2023 158 while that is a little safer.. it still aint nothing to play with. but i do love my city!

I know I probably overstepped my bounds, but at least I never mentioned Quincy because I don't know the place, and never meant to throw any shade on the tourney, which looks fantastic. The whole Blue Devil tradition looks VERY fun!

I'm pretty sure that if I lived anywhere in the Midwest, I'd be all over that tourney.

Reactions: M.C. fan
I know I probably overstepped my bounds, but at least I never mentioned Quincy because I don't know the place, and never meant to throw any shade on the tourney, which looks fantastic. The whole Blue Devil tradition looks VERY fun!

I'm pretty sure that if I lived anywhere in the Midwest, I'd be all over that tourney.
Quincy is nice...look at the tourney and the talent playing. You would definitely be there!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT