ADVERTISEMENT

McClymonds Needs Varsity And JV Games 8/27 or 9/17

PhotoGuy_271

Sports Fanatic
Mar 19, 2016
Bay Area, Nor Cal
McClymonds football is in need for football games on 8/27 or 9/17 due to the El Cerrito pull out from the game scheduled 9/17. If you know of any coaches or anyone with coach contacts that wants/needs a game on one of the above dates please share this info with them.

Thank you

Why did EC pull out??
Good question HSfan82, EC would not or hasn't even provided an explanation for the pull out and now has Mack scrambling to find quality games when everyone basically has their schedules full. EC's schedule looks pretty good with @Vintage-Napa 9/3, Bishop O'Dowd-Oakland 9/10, McClymonds 9/17 Canceled, then @Monte Vista-Danville 9/24, then their league schedule. The last time El Cerrito - McClymonds played was 8/26/2016 @ Mack, McClymonds 26 El Cerrito 6. Hopefully Mack can find a game as well as EC for 9/17.

I was looking forward to this game, EC is supposed to have a decent team this year, they have stepped up their non league schedule but Unfortunately in years past they've had some situations with games being playing with rivals . Maybe they dont want to see any trouble amongst "fans" of these schools particularly West Oakland vs Richmond thing also not sure if this is true but heard EC got a couple of transfers from Mack....Its too bad would've been a good game.

Last edited:
I was looking forward to this game, EC is supposed to have a decent team this year, they have stepped up their non league schedule but Unfortunately in years past they've had some situations with games being playing with rivals . Maybe they dont want to see any trouble amongst "fans" of these schools particularly West Oakland vs Richmond thing also not sure if this is true but heard EC got a couple of transfers from Mack....Its too bad would've been a good game.
I was at the EC @ Mack game and it was very well played & incident free, fans & players.. I've been there for many games, It was nothing with Richmond-West Oakland, or with rivals or kids, it was more politics than players. EC is not a rival, but a game that that would have been a good gauge. They both have a common opponent in Marin Catholic.

Last edited:
I was at the EC @ Mack game and it was very well played & incident free, fans & players.. I've been there for many games, It was nothing with Richmond-West Oakland, or with rivals or kids, it was more politics than players. EC is not a rival, but a game that that would have been a good gauge. They both have a common opponent in Marin Catholic.
Photo I agree with you I too was at that Mack game and it was played @ Mack with no incidents ,this game was scheduled to be played @ EC and over the years there have been incidents at EC games notably Kennedy -Richmond which a few years ago was stopped at halftime because of incidents amongst fans and other things......While EC and Mack aren't natural rivals but both teams this year will have solid teams that will attract fans from West Oakland and fans from Richmond which wont be pleasing to alot of folks in the El Cerrito hills so yes there are some politics involved and there have been politics involved since they rebuilt that new stadium with the neighbors.....I think this would've been a nice game for each team hopefully both can reschedule competitive teams

So not sure if McClymonds still needs a game, but if the rumors are true, from the other posts about Aptos v Mills, (Mills not fielding a varsity?). Aptos may have an opening on 8/27.

Aptos vs McClymonds on 8/27/2021 rematch of the 2018 D4A Regional Bowl?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT