ADVERTISEMENT

My East Bay Rankings

NorCalScout

Sports Fanatic
Jul 10, 2001
I have watched some really good basketball early on this season and here is my take on the rankings in the East Bay. I have not seen everyone play but these teams I have so I am going on what my eyes tell me. Please tell me who I am missing and who I should go see play.

1) Bishop O'Dowd
2) Salesian (you could easily flip flop these two)
3) Heritage & Clayton Valley Charter
4) Las Lomas (still not healthy)
5) Dublin
6) Berkeley (I know Berkeley beat Dublin but confident in a different outcome next time around)
7) De La Salle
8) Alameda
9) College Park
10) Amador Valley & Acalanes

Moreau and James Logan should definitely be on this list. Logan just won the De La Salle tournament. And Moreau is off to a really good start. I would put both teams in front of Dublin and Berkeley and drop everyone below two spots.

Last edited:
Reactions: NorCalScout
It so happens I am at Alameda HS right now to see DLS take on the Hornets later tonight...

I would be quite pleasantly surprised if Sparta could manage the win... However, If I had to set a betting line, I’d go Hornets by 6.

In any case, GO SPARTANS!!

Well... The Spartans’ varsity will need to pull thru and manage a win now to avoid a frosh/JV/Varsity sweep, something very rarely witnessed in Spartyville...

Hornets finally halt the run at 14 with1:47 left in the half, but Spartans score again to make it 28-16 Spartans... As Butch Cassidy said to the Sundance Kid: “Who are these guys?”

Not only did the Spartans play great that quarter, Alameda played... Not great at all.

Reactions: concrete17
Hornets cause turnovers and score 3 quickies to make it 34-26 Spartans with 55 secs left in 3rd

4:33 left... 39-36 Spartans... Hornets got over their 2nd-q panic, plAying tough

#23 for Alameda has just made some crazy right-outa-Hoosiers one-handers that have to be seen to be believed...

Last edited:
Exactly when did Alameda become a force to be reckoned with? I know that St Joseph's is down this year but they beat them by 13 earlier. Sounds like a great game - thanks for the play by play KD!

Alameda has not usually been a contender until the last couple years, as far as I know... Two years ago they were only 11-19. Last year they were 19-8 and played DLS on 12/3. Lost to the Spartans (who weren't really rolling yet by that time) by 12, and eventually got to NCS, where they lost in the first round to Tamalpais.

This year they look really good, good enough to be real contenders in what should be a strong D2 bracket if not too many teams from it get pulled into the Open...

I have watched some really good basketball early on this season and here is my take on the rankings in the East Bay. I have not seen everyone play but these teams I have so I am going on what my eyes tell me. Please tell me who I am missing and who I should go see play.

1) Bishop O'Dowd
2) Salesian (you could easily flip flop these two)
3) Heritage & Clayton Valley Charter
4) Las Lomas (still not healthy)
5) Dublin
6) Berkeley (I know Berkeley beat Dublin but confident in a different outcome next time around)
7) De La Salle
8) Alameda
9) College Park
10) Amador Valley & Acalanes

Big drop off from 1/2 to 3-10

The MVL is really down this year. Curious to see Moreau and Logan after both losing a lot of talent from last year. Newark looks brutal. At 0-7 already, this might be Ashmore's worst team ever.

The MVL is really down this year. Curious to see Moreau and Logan after both losing a lot of talent from last year. Newark looks brutal. At 0-7 already, this might be Ashmore's worst team ever.

Wow, I didn’t realize how far they have fallen. Hopefully, they have played a lot of good teams in the preseason. He’s a great coach, but the demographics are a changin’.

MVAL is always down. Even more this year. I heard Washington is decent this year. But i see Moreau and Logan battling for league title once again. They are both really young and talented from what i hear.

Last edited:
1) Salesian Talent, talent, talent
2) BOD Same as above
3) Clayton Valley Charter Play really hard, good coach
4) Dublin Beasley is a freak as a 10th grader
5) Heritage Solid squad, tough game with Dublin
6) Las Lomas Gonna be a tough out when full strength
7) DLS Down year, gotta think they'll get better
8) Berkeley Very athletic
9) Acalanes Good team, well coached
10) CP Good coach, average talent

@prymetyme01 Is this the same Acalanes that lost to Envision Academy and De La Salle who lost to Fairfield 1st round of their own tournament. Moreau Catholic and James Logan can hang with any team on here besides Salesian and Bishop O’Dowd. I think Moreau could have a chance against BOD. I would put Moreau at 7 and Logan following them at 8. Moreau just beat a top 10 team in the state last week.

Updated Rankings:
1) Salesian
2) Bishop O'Dowd
3) Clayton Valley Charter
4) Las Lomas
5) Dublin
6) Heritage
7) Moreau
8) Berkeley
9) College Park
10) Acalanes

1)Salesian
2)Clayton Valley
3) Bishop O’Dowd
4)Dublin
5)Las Lomas
6)Heritage
7)James Logan
8)Berkeley
9)Moreau Catholic
10) College Park

Acalanes loosing to Envision and a down Branson

Clayton Valley is for sure the 2nd best team in East bay. I think they’d beat O’Dowd.

Reactions: NorCalScout
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT