ADVERTISEMENT

My Thoughts On Sacred Heart Catherdral

m4success

Superstar
Gold Member
May 22, 2017
SHCP should have beat Fairview by more than one point and the game shouldn’t have had to go into Overtime, as through parts of the game, the Irish were up by as many as 10. Fairview led multiple charges due to Irish defensive lapses of which they must correct in order to be successful in League Play, CCS and a possible NorCal run.
As a spectator that has viewed all of SHCP’s games so far. This particular game I saw a good and descent Fairview Team, that would honestly remind you of a traditional WCAL Team. Fairview was big, 6’8 Center, 6’5-6’6 wing/forwards and solid guard play. This is where I must give credit to SHCP’s Big Four (Monroe, Neal, Hudson & Ogelsby), as they can indeed contend with their current roster without a legitimate big man until January and they still can seriously hang with stacked, tough teams, primarily because of their sheer basketball IQ, athleticism and speed. SHCP MUST play way better Team Defense! As this will be their Achilles Heal if they don’t adjust and improve. I will go on record to state that if SHCP had at least 2 legitimate experienced Big Men that were actively on their roster, conversions would shift to top level rankings and so on as I can confidently state they have on of the top level guard tandems in California with Neal/Monroe. Hudson, who is the Cousin to All-Star Standout, Alfred Hollins, Jr., is a top level spot-up shooter, who if you let get hot can shoot the lights out. Amin Ogelsby is a serious wildcard. When he’s going, he’s a matchup nightmare for an opposing team, as he’s an undersized, Draymond Green-Like player who can turn a game around by himself. Again, 4 returning WCAL Battle-Tested Players who now have an opportunity to make a statement definitely in a tough WCAL. As they improve defensively, watch them turn a lot of heads. Looking forward to next Saturday in San Jose, California, against St. Joe’s. Like it or not, SHCP is undefeated so far (6-0). And just think, both Monroe and Neal are a Sophomore and Junior respectively, will have a 6’8 Sophomore in the middle come January and another big projected to come to Irish Land next year. Scary......

Last edited:
I watched the stream. I came away feeling SH will be close in a lot of games in league this year if they play just like they did Saturday night. The situation that will really hamper the team is foul trouble. Depth is an issue. There is no replacement at each of their top three (Monroe, Neal, Olgesby). A game will get out of hand if these guys are sitting on the bench in foul trouble.

Very impressed of the jump Monroe has made from 9th to 10th grade. I wouldnt say he is a knock down shooter however he displayed a level of "clutch" on Saturday.

In the couldve-wouldve-shouldve category, I cant help but wonder if the team would be better had Robinson stayed for his last year. I think his shooting would have definitely helped, but on the flip side I dont think the ball would have moved around as well as its been this year.

SH-Will be just fine his year in WCAL play - Coach McKay is solid and the big three can play!!! I have seen them 4 times this year and been impressed every time out! They play together and hard on every play.

Reactions: Scott2138
Lots of good backcourts in the WCAL this year...SI, St. Francis, SHC and Bellarmine come to mind. The Crusader guard tandem returns sr. 6-1James Chun and CCS/WCAL Frosh of the year, Je'Lani Clark in the backcourt. The 6-2 Clark is at the point this year for 1st year coach, Joey Curtin. He absolutely shut down Berkeley's stud guard, Ben Baker, at this year's Crusader Classic Title game.
Crusader 6-6 soph, Gage Cross, gaining valuable experience/minutes in non league. He shows a very good hoops IQ and fundamentals. Needs to make up for the void left with 6-6 Carrigan's departure. Looking forward to league play.

Last edited:
Reactions: CityVibesII
Lots of good backcourts in the WCAL this year...SI, St. Francis, SHC and Bellarmine come to mind. The Crusader guard tandem returns sr. 6-1James Chun and CCS/WCAL Frosh of the year, Je'Lani Clark in the backcourt. The 6-2 Clark is at the point this year for 1st year coach, Joey Curtin. He absolutely shut down Berkeley's stud guard, Ben Baker, at this year's Crusader Classic Title game.
Crusader 6-6 soph, Gage Cross, gaining valuable experience/minutes in non league. He shows a very good hoops IQ and fundamentals. Needs to make up for the void left with 6-6 Carrigan's departure. Looking forward to league play.
Chun 6'1"?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT