ADVERTISEMENT

NCP Pick'em Week 7

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
Here are the games for this week. The Game of the Week is Serra at St. Francis. Be sure to check throughout the week for games changing due to postponements.

Miramonte at Campolindo
Eureka at Fortuna
Jesuit at Sheldon
Oak Ridge at Granite Bay
Rocklin at Del Oro
Mission at Lincoln-SF
Aragon at Menlo-Atherton
Serra at St. Francis
Salinas at San Benito
Gustine at Ripon Christian

10. Ripon Christian

9. Eureka

8. Oak Ridge

7. Serra (35-21)

6. Jesuit

5. Salinas

4. Del Oro

3. Campolindo

2. Aragon

1. Lincoln

10. Campo
9. Serra (31-28)
8. Oak Ridge
7.Jesuit (this is a hard one!)
6. Rocklin
5. Aragon
4. Eureka
3. Salinas
2. Mission
1. Gustine

Campo
Eureka
Del Oro
Salinas
Jesuit
Granite Bay
Aragon
Serra (24-20)
Ripon Christan
Lincoln

10 Aragon
9 Lincoln-SF
8 Campolindo
7 Eureka
6 Jesuit
5 Granite Bay
4 Del Oro
3 Ripon Christian
2 San Benito
1 Serra

HSfan82 - Aragon at #10 is a bold pick as I think that's one of the more difficult games to judge. Its looking like the MA weak win over SHP and Aragon's decisive win over TN has most now thinking the Don's will roll MA. Still a difficult pick IMO with the difference in SOS between the 2 teams.

Vacaville Unified School Distric have cancelled all athletic activities and classes due to dangerous air quality levels and expect more schools around the fire and bad smoke areas to cancel games. @Streak One we’ll see what games in the pickem get afected by this.

Thanks @Dan12Kings. Watching it closely and if anyone hears of postponements, feel free to post.

Actually had American Canyon and Vanden on the initial list, but took them off with the news that came out on Tuesday

Reactions: Dan12Kings
From Travis Unified School District.
Due to the most recent information related to the change in fire conditions and declining air quality All schools, will be closed Thursday and Friday, October 12 and 13. All school related activities, before school and after school, including meetings, athletics and other school activities, have been cancelled for today, Thursday and Friday.

10. Campolindo
9. Eureka
8. Ripon Christian
7. Jesuit
6. Serra 35-28
5. Lincoln
4. Del Oro
3. Granite Bay
2. Aragon
1. Hollister (San Benito)

10 - Eureka
9 - Salinas
8 - Del Oro
7 - Mission
6 - Campolindo
5 - Ripon Christian
4 - Jesuit
3 - Serra (28-27)
2 - Granite Bay
1 - Menlo-Atherton

10. Eureka
9. Aragon
8. Del Oro
7. Salinas
6. Ripon Christian
5. Jesuit
4. Serra (28-24)
3. Granite Bay
2. Mission
1. Campolindo

Campo and other schools in its district are open today, but according to the district's website:
  • Homecoming activities at Las Lomas and Campolindo High Schools will be cancelled or modified as necessary. Staff and students will determine the feasibility of rescheduling activities.
So, maybe a game at Campo, maybe not... If I were to bet on it, my bet at this moment would be "no game".

HSfan82 - Aragon at #10 is a bold pick as I think that's one of the more difficult games to judge. Its looking like the MA weak win over SHP and Aragon's decisive win over TN has most now thinking the Don's will roll MA. Still a difficult pick IMO with the difference in SOS between the 2 teams.
I have a connection to Aragon coaching staff, so part of decision was loyalty and part on their feeling good about what they are doing and how they matchup vs MA

As of now, there are no changes to the games. Due to being this late in the week, any games that aren't played will be no contests for the Pick'em and we will play a short schedule. This way, it avoids an issue of some people picking replacement games and some not.

10. Eureka
9. Oak Ridge
8. Campolindo
7. Mission
6. Serra (35-28)
5. Jesuit
4. Ripon Christian
3. Aragon
2. Rocklin
1. Salinas

X) Salinas
IX) Aragon
VIII) Eureka
VII) Mission
VI) Serra 34-28
V) Ripon Christian (My Where's Waldo Pick, never heard of either school before)
IV) Campo
III) Rocklin
II) Granite Bay
I) Sheldon

10. Sheldon
9. Ripon
8. Campo
7. Eureka
6. Oak Ridge
5. Mission
4. Aragon
3. Serra 38-24
2. Salinas
1. Del Oro

Eureka
Salinas
Aragon
Del Oro
Mission
Ripon Christian
Jesuit
Campolindo
Oak Ridge
Serra (27-21)

10. Serra 38-21
9. Del Oro
8. Eureka
7. Salinas
6. Aragon
5. Ripon
4. Campo
3. Jesuit
2. Granite Bay
1. Mission

10 Del oro
9 Campo
8 Ripon
7 Sheldon
6 GB
5 Eureka
4 San Benito
3 serra
2 Aragon
1 Lincoln

Last edited:
_ 10 _ Eureka
_ 9 _ Salinas
_ 8 _ Ripon Christian
_ 7 _ Jesuit
_ 6 _ Mission
_ 5 _ Granite Bay
_ 4 _ Menlo -Atherton
_ 3 _ Rocklin
_ 2 _ Campolindo
_ 1 _ Serra (27-21)

Last edited:
10) Eureka
09) Campolindo
08) Ripon Christian
07) Salinas
06) Serra (31-24)
05) Del Oro
04) Aragon
03) Mission
02) Jesuit
01) Granite Bay

10 Eureka
9 Campolindo
8 Salinas
7 Ripon Christian
6 Del Oro
5 Mission
4 Jesuit
3 Aragon
2 Oak Ridge
1 Serra (28-24)

10-Eureka
9–Granite Bay
8–Del Oro
7–Menlo-Atherton
6–Salinas
5–Sheldon
4–Lincoln-SF
3–Gustine
2–Campolindo
1–St. Francis(21-20)

Miramonte at Campolindo
Eureka at Fortuna
Jesuit at Sheldon
Oak Ridge at Granite Bay
Rocklin at Del Oro
Mission at Lincoln-SF
Aragon at Menlo-Atherton
Serra at St. Francis
Salinas at San Benito
Gustine at Ripon Christian

RIPON CHRISTIAN
CAMPOLINDO
MISSION
SALINAS
DEL ORO
GRANITE BAY
SHELDON
FORTUNA
ARAGON
SAINT FRANCIS 24-21

NorCalSportsFan

10.Salinas
9. Aragon
8. Eureka
7. Del Oro
6. Serra (28-24)
5. Campolindo
4. Oakridge
3. Sheldon
2. Mission
1. Ripon Christian

I see that the Campo game will be played on Monday...

Eureka clubbed Fortuna
Rocklin beat Del Oro
Salinas blasted San Benito
Jesuit beat Sheldon
Oak Ridge beat Granite Bay
Aragon and apparently all CCS games postponed, section playoffs expected to be moved back a week
Same for Serra game
Gustine beat Ripon Christian
Lincoln game is Saturday

I went back to form, racking up a *lot* of losses!

Any games not played (looks like it will be two missing with Campo-Miramonte going Monday) will be moved down to the 2 and 1 spots on the list.

Well time to throw in the white flag. Wasn't gonna play this year but at last second on week zero took a devistating blow. Next week pondered I knew I shouldn't have played. Then as Friday drew near I thought well there's time to catch up. Each subsequent week tried to pick something odd in hopes of getting lucky. Last night was the final straw. With the lowest score in the history of NCP ( 5) I officially retire.

Well time to throw in the white flag. Wasn't gonna play this year but at last second on week zero took a devistating blow. Next week pondered I knew I shouldn't have played. Then as Friday drew near I thought well there's time to catch up. Each subsequent week tried to pick something odd in hopes of getting lucky. Last night was the final straw. With the lowest score in the history of NCP ( 5) I officially retire.
I hear ya H.E.A.T. Time for me to throw in the towel as well. I've been picking odd picks as well hoping to catch a break with a few upsets. That didn't happen so with only two or three weeks left I might just pick all underdogs or not pick at all. We'll see.

No way hose A..... If you look in your rear view mirror that is me in the distance
My picks stunk so bad Mrs Concrete
asked me if I had spilled some overripe cheese on the laptop keyboards
Hang in there. We can compete for Streak's pic'em caboose award.

Nah I've been a habitual top 5 guy every year . Even lost to Fairmair by One stinking point a couple years ago. I changed up how I did things this year and I stunk it up . This year too many head scratchers and cancelled games . Always next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT