ADVERTISEMENT

NORCAL 2018 Prerankings

RespectBBGame

Sports Fanatic
Mar 16, 2015
This what I thing the top 20 teams will look like 2018!!!!

1) SMS
2 THROUGH 20 IS up for grabs
BOD
Mitty
MM
Pinewood
Carondelet
Dublin
Salesian
McClatchy
Sac High
Elk Grove
SCH
Antelope
SMB
West Campus
ESCP
Campolindo
Lincoln ( Stockton)
Christian Brothers
Edison ( Stockton)

A lot of these teams have A lot returns that have playoff experience now and hungry for more!!!!!

There are a lot bubble teams out there and a lot teams the Fell of the Cliff!!@

HoopStudent95

I forgot about them to be honest but with a D1 UCLA transfer might make a big difference. I think the lost of D1 recruit puts Oak Ridge below Folsom this year and sister which will be a D1 recruit too..

There are teams in some of these fall ball leagues that are getting blown by 30 that never ever lost by that much in past 6 years. If you dont call that falling of a clif then what do you call it????

Thanks for doing this, Respect ... I was just about to.

Potential adds:

Cardinal Newman (hope they can still have a team, but if they do, there's talent)
Vanden should still have some punch
Pleasant Valley might still be in the mix
Menlo Atherton? Don't have a feel for them
St. Ignatius will be in the rankings at some point, most likely
Heritage is on the rise
Enterprise returns some firepower

My stab

1. SMS - Loaded
2. Mitty - H. Jones return with talent means little drop off
3. Pinewood - Best coach team in state and good freshmen class coming in with some size
4. Carondelet - A lot of size and underrated guards
5. MM - Nice core returning plus I hear good freshman recruiting class and senior transfer
6. Campolindo - No depth, otherwise they are above CLET
7. Salesian - Angel is on the real
8. BOD - Solid team, Dunn is a young star
9. Elk Grove - Addition of M. Williams means they are a challenger
10. Folsom - Decent core around the best player in Sac
This is pretty good list of Top 10 For NorCal...except Elk Grove. No way they are this high, M Williams is not that big of difference maker yet. They might not even be Top 10 in Sac area.

1) SMS
2) MITTY
3) Salesian
4) Carondelet
5) McClatchy
6)MM
7)Pinewood
8)BOD
9)Campolindo
10)SMB
10)SCH
12)Sac High
13) RSVP
14)DUBLIN
15)West Campus
16)Pleasant Valley
17)Folsom
18)Antelope
20)Kimball

Bubble teams
Lincoln (Stockton), Christian Brothers, Vanden, Edison Heritage

15 of those 20 are in the Jamboree, plus three of the four bubble teams.

Good list, but I'm curious why McClatchy is that high. They're good, but they also lost a lot.

15 of those 20 are in the Jamboree, plus three of the four bubble teams.

Good list, but I'm curious why McClatchy is that high. They're good, but they also lost a lot.
I agree Clay, they lost all of their guard play and 2 D1 players Cruz and Clark. I'm concerned about Sac losing Blount too. Thinking Folsom will be the team to beat, both boys and girls teams will be very very strong this year.

Reactions: HoopStudent95
Clay

McClatchy lost 2 players but they where 8 to 9 deep. They will surprise teams but not me!

Vanden had a nice run have top Caliber athletes that where very skilled. But this year they have no real stand out play after 2017 graduate Blackshell-fair.

Kimball has a returner form SMS Potter will push her team in to the top 20.

Christian Brothers did well last year don't know why a new coach. My guess it's the parents that help him out. They might end up like the New Brookside Christian team. Good coaches are hard to come by these days.

Lately School been listening to parents to much about these coach.

1) SMS
2) MITTY
3) Salesian
4) Carondelet
5) McClatchy
6)MM
7)Pinewood
8)BOD
9)Campolindo
10)SMB
10)SCH
12)Sac High
13) RSVP
14)DUBLIN
15)West Campus
16)Pleasant Valley
17)Folsom
18)Antelope
20)Kimball

Bubble teams
Lincoln (Stockton), Christian Brothers, Vanden, Edison Heritage

I think Heritage is better than at least 5 of these teams. Folsom should end up higher.

Didn't West Campus lose 3 top players to Bradshaw Christian???

Kimball is a good call but I'm not sure how much supporting cast Potter has.

CoachDviks

West Campus have the 1 2 punch plus supporting chased. They are still going to be good.

Heritage lost their edge when with the graduation. iI forgot her name but her toughness carried them a lot of games.

Kimball won't have went far last tine without Potter. She is that type of player that gets her team to push as hard as she does ever game.

hello everyone

good to be back....

I dont have alot to say on this subject except....

FOLSOM has 2 pac 12 players and a 3rd who played for Team Taurasi this summer...
they should be Top 8 unless they completely under achieve...they should be an OPEN lock....

and I was glad to see RESPECT leave CN off his top 20 (despite returning 3 starters and 5 of top 8) as last yr he also left CN off his top 20 and we all know how that turned out.

Northbay

I think the 2 starters that graduate play a major factor in CN.

Folsom has to prove themselves but may they will!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT