ADVERTISEMENT

North Coast Section Connection

Straight8

Sports Fanatic
Jan 9, 2017
2 former East Bay NCS Stars helped their college win an NCAA D1 Conference Title by winning the 2017-18 Big Sky Conference regular-season title.
El Cerrito High’s Sayeed Pridgett and Dublin High’s Timmy Falls both played in over 28 games this season.

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/3/1/men...rn-outright-conference-title.aspx?path=mbball

Also DeLaSalle’s Jordan Ratinho and East Bay Oakland Tech’s Souley Boum have had several of their games televise this season for the University of San Francisco Dons who are holding a 17-14 record this season.

Last edited:
2 former East Bay NCS Stars helped their college win an NCAA D1 Conference Title by winning the 2017-18 Big Sky Conference regular-season title.
El Cerrito High’s Sayeed Pridgett and Dublin High’s Timmy Falls both played in over 28 games this season.

http://gogriz.com/news/2018/3/1/men...rn-outright-conference-title.aspx?path=mbball

Also DeLaSalle’s Jordan Ratinho and East Bay Oakland Tech’s Souley Boum have had several of their games televise this season for the San Francisco University Dons who are holding a 17-14 record this season.

Plus Frankie Ferrari (Burlingame, Riordan, Canada JC) was named 1st team All WCC for the Dons. Boum was named to the All WCC Frosh team and broke Winfred Boynes’ 44 year old Dons’ frosh scoring record this year.

http://usfdons.com/news/2018/2/27/m...boum-earn-all-conference-honors-for-dons.aspx

Ferrari is the one kid I wasn't sure about. The other 4 actually I thought were under recruited big time especially Pridget, The Don's slowly getting better. Major investments in facilities about to happen as well.

Also DeLaSalle’s Jordan Ratinho and East Bay Oakland Tech’s Souley Boum have had several of their games televise this season for the San Francisco University Dons who are holding a 17-14 record this season.

San Francisco University? Is that in Frisco :)?

Today El Cerrito High’s Sayeed Pridgett and Dublin High’s Timmy Falls of The University of Montana Grizzlies received their automatic bid to the NCAA Post season tournament. Their team won both the regular season and the Big Sky Conference tournament.

Montana is a much better then program then any of our local schools with
The exception of st Mary's. Glad to see sayeed and Timmy contributing to
a school going to the dance way to represent norcal.

Pidgeet was way under radar IMO coming out of EC. 6'5 kid who can play multiple positions. Montana has a nice program. Good for both of them. How about the snub for st marys'? 28-5 #40 RPI. They got hosed.

Maybe they can get some local players now. Just don’t see how they don’t get a Jade Smith, Joey Calcatera. Gotta mix it up. Is Jordan ford the only local kid they have? Not a big fan of St. Mary’s Basketball due to the fact they don’t promote and recruit local kids. I soon see USF maybe being the 2nd best team in WCC

Love Montana basketball. Some of their better players have come from our area. And they continue to come grab these local kids that could be playing in WCC. Pridget and falls could both play at St Marys

I think a factor that comes into play is guys wanting to not stay local after high school now a days, they want to go experience new places. I don't think playing for a local school is too popular among the players these days, but of course this is just one factor.

Edit: A shameless Logan plug that I want to mention (and I know it's a FAR cry from D1 or even D2 basketball) is that Noah Conner is averaging 12/4/4 on 44/42/80 for Canada College as a freshman. I think he can atleast play D2 basketball somewhere, he's a rare true point guard and a great shooter.

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
I heard Connor was a non qualifier according to a few of my close friends, that are head coaches at local division 2 colleges.

I heard Connor was a non qualifier according to a few of my close friends, that are head coaches at local division 2 colleges.

Can you explain what that means, how is he a non qualifier? I don't know much about how the transfer process works for basketball

He was a non qualifier out of hs. Or he would have went straight to a d2 out of hs. Now maybe he has a chance to go high d2 maybe low d1 after his sophomore year in juco.

Reactions: LoganHomer
Norcal talent is vastly improving compared to what it used to be.

Even at the D6, D5 and D4 levels there are lots of diamond in the roughs around these parts.

Norcal talent is vastly improving compared to what it used to be.

Even at the D6, D5 and D4 levels there are lots of diamond in the roughs around these parts.
Sorry but that just isn’t true, the hay day of NorCal basketball was a long time ago, especially if we are talking about the Bay Area!!!! San Francisco and Oakland were loaded with pros in 60’s and 70’s not going through a whole list but a couple are Restani, Bill Russell

And I would say Star NBA players. Someone name me today’s NorCal NBA Stars? I know about the guys on Miami and Orlando are there any others?

Tyler Johnson on the Heat went to St. Francis

Jeremy Lin played for Palo Alto

Aaron Gordon went to Mitty

Ivan Rabb is having a nice season in the G League too.

Up the Pipeline: I like Kyree Walker, reminds me a little bit of D-Wade. He's not from Norcal but SJ memorial in Fresno has a once-in a lifetime talent in Jalen Green. Elijah Hardy and Naseem Gaskins are pretty special and have NBA-ability. Just a matter of whether they reach it or not. If Dublin's Robby Beasley can hit 6'1 or 6'2 I think he has some potential as well.

I don't consider Josh Jackson "from the Bay Area" as he was only hear for a couple of years. So that's my list that I could come up with.

Sorry but that just isn’t true, the hay day of NorCal basketball was a long time ago, especially if we are talking about the Bay Area!!!! San Francisco and Oakland were loaded with pros in 60’s and 70’s not going through a whole list but a couple are Restani, Bill Russell

Some USF pros (NBA and ABL) from back in the day: Gene Brown, Don Lofgren, Fred LaCour, Bill Russell, Joe Ellis, Erwin Mueller, K.C. Jones, Mike Farmer, Bill Cartwright, Eric Fernsten, Kevin Restani. All were NorCal preps. Check out McClymonds alumni like Paul Silas, Jim Hadnot and more as well. Kenny Sears, Dennis Awtrey, Ralph Ogden, Tom Meschery, Phil Chenier, Charles Johnson, Rich Kelley, Jim Loscutoff, Bob Peterson, Nick Vanos, well, you get the idea. The years after World War II and well into the 1970s were rich with Bay Area/NorCal future pros. Some memories simply don't go back that far. It's understandable. No harm in that at all. But a long perspective can be helpful.

Last edited:
Some USF pros (NBA and ABL) from back in the day: Gene Brown, Don Lofgren, Fred LaCour, Bill Russell, Joe Ellis, Erwin Mueller, K.C. Jones, Mike Farmer, Bill Cartwright, Eric Fernsten, Kevin Restani. All were NorCal preps. Check out McClymonds alumni like Paul Silas, Jim Hadnot and more as well.

Bill Russell is the GOAT.....PERIOD

I'm going to throw Freshman at Stuart Hall Nigel Burris into the potential conversation for being an NBA player one day.

Now I'll say this it's one season, and I've seen him get shut down by other teams before. But he's a freshman. 6'4 already and has one of the sweetest Three-Point shots i've seen in my 30 years of watching basketball at any level.

I mean come to Kezar tomorrow night if you want to see it for yourself. But once Nigel grows into his body and has 3-4 years of seasoning, colleges are going to be knocking the door down to have an opportunity to give this kid a scholarship.

Hard to tell when kids are a freshman. So much time to grow and get better. Or time for other kids to catch up. I think we need to talk about him being a division 1 player and a top 100 kid in the nation before we talk about nba come on man. We seem to forget the percentage of hs kids that will to to nba. 1%

Tyler Johnson on the Heat went to St. Francis

Jeremy Lin played for Palo Alto

Aaron Gordon went to Mitty

Ivan Rabb is having a nice season in the G League too.

Up the Pipeline: I like Kyree Walker, reminds me a little bit of D-Wade. He's not from Norcal but SJ memorial in Fresno has a once-in a lifetime talent in Jalen Green. Elijah Hardy and Naseem Gaskins are pretty special and have NBA-ability. Just a matter of whether they reach it or not. If Dublin's Robby Beasley can hit 6'1 or 6'2 I think he has some potential as well.

I don't consider Josh Jackson "from the Bay Area" as he was only hear for a couple of years. So that's my list that I could come up with.
He said beside inmates Miami and Orlando. And Is Lin, even still playing?
Sorry but as of right now Hardy and Gaskins do not have the ability to play in the NBA.
When JKidd was at St. joe’s, everyone knew he was going to play in the NBA. Same thing with Aaron Gordon. C’mon Now Rook.

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
Montana is a great place to play, he at town that supports the Grizzlies to the fullest. Norcal has been very good to them and will continue to be. Chris Cobb is associate head coach, and Jay Flores formerly of Jesuit is an assistant. They really work Norcal hard and have insight because of their ties. I know everyone is down on sac state but seriously!. Almost the entire Big Sky has college type communities with major support, facilities etc. What kid is going there after he visits the other schools.

He said beside inmates Miami and Orlando. And Is Lin, even still playing?
Sorry but as of right now Hardy and Gaskins do not have the ability to play in the NBA.
When JKidd was at St. joe’s, everyone knew he was going to play in the NBA. Same thing with Aaron Gordon. C’mon Now Rook.
Did everyone know Damian Lillard would be a pro? What about Jerrod Cunningham having a cup of coffee in the league? It is possible for guys to break through their ceilings and over achieve.

Did everyone know Damian Lillard would be a pro? What about Jerrod Cunningham having a cup of coffee in the league? It is possible for guys to break through their ceilings and over achieve.

I will just say that I saw Damian Lillard in 08 for Oakland High vs De La Salle at St Mary's College where he had like 30 points in three quarters and the refs phantom fouled him out of the game in the 3rd. He had such a sweet shot!

Sac Area guys:
Festus
Matt Barnes
Ryan Anderson
Marquis Chriss
DJ Wilson

High potential sac guys:
Kendall Munson - 6’8
Coleman Hawkins - 6’8
Both have high NBA potential

And I would say Star NBA players. Someone name me today’s NorCal NBA Stars? I know about the guys on Miami and Orlando are there any others?

I had asked the Question name me today's Nor-Cal NBA Stars? That means players playing right now. It seems like only the following:

Damian Lillard on the Blazers

Ryan Anderson on the Rockets

Tyler Johnson on the Heat

Jeremy Lin on the Nets

Aaron Gordon on the Magic

Ivan Rabb and Jabari Bird in the G League

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE? Because that's not many and we are naming high schoolers today that we think will make the NBA. I think the numbers are off.

I had asked the Question name me today's Nor-Cal NBA Stars? That means players playing right now. It seems like only the following:

Damian Lillard on the Blazers

Ryan Anderson on the Rockets

Tyler Johnson on the Heat

Jeremy Lin on the Nets

Aaron Gordon on the Magic

Ivan Rabb and Jabari Bird in the G League

IS THERE ANYONE ELSE? Because that's not many and we are naming high schoolers today that we think will make the NBA. I think the numbers are off.

NBA stars or just players in the NBA? the poster above had named Marquis Chriss and DJ Wilson. Matt Barnes played this year, but retired in December. That's still only maybe about 2 or 3 players a year from NorCal that even make the NBA, much less have extended careers.

Reactions: Straight8
@observer22 thanks for those names. Both those players were drafted in the 1st round. Damian Lillard is a Super Star in the NBA. One might never know who will make it to the top level we can only guess.

Reactions: nostancenochance
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT