ADVERTISEMENT

Novato, San Marin looking for new coaches

I heard Encinal, Skyline, Kennedy (Richmond), Hercules, Albany & John Swett are looking for HC's.

ummm....Coach Mott would NEVER take a step down of $20,000 to take a teaching/coaching job that far away from his home? Why doesn't Coach Mott just take over Justin Siena's football program or be an asst at Vintage? I don't think Mott has an ego that will get in the way of him just being a coordinator or position coach. A brilliant football mind, one of the local schools will be lucky to pull him in. His former DC is now the DC at American Canyon. His former DC, OC, and Asst. HC is now the HC at Vintage. Does anyone really think Mott won't have a job somewhere other than with the Napa Indians next year?

Wow...I thought Encinal & Kennedy were moving up....surprised at Hercules...didnt they make the playoffs?

Kennedy coach was fired with 3 games left in the season over an incident with benching the starting an vs Richmond.

Encinal coach was ejected in the 1st or 2nd quarter of play off game & got in yelling match with a player. Probably has enough. Spent more time as an off campus coach on study hall then coaching. Also heard he was forced to pay coaches out of his own pocket.

I have not details on others.

Kennedy coach was fired with 3 games left in the season over an incident with benching the starting an vs Richmond.

Encinal coach was ejected in the 1st or 2nd quarter of play off game & got in yelling match with a player. Probably has enough. Spent more time as an off campus coach on study hall then coaching. Also heard he was forced to pay coaches out of his own pocket.

Benching starting QB

Mott to Novato or San Marin? Would seem really odd for that move. Not sure that makes any sense.

Benching starting QB
I’d say benching is warranted for discipline or maybe rewarding the second stringer if he’s playing his last game or two. But if the starter was a grinder, well respected, or has school records or maybe even outperformed NLIs he’s faced, and the team’s not going well, maybe Coach’s game plan was lame. If his last game or two certainly even the casual fan would say “it’s his game to finish win or lose” -see Eli Manning and the Giants (although their whole season has sucked.) Knee jerk reactions can be idiotic or egotistical. Perhaps both.

Any news on who the new coaches around the Bay Area are?

Novato-?
JFK-Rich-?
Encinal-?
San Marin-?

Seems like a lot less openings at this time than last season. Maybe some of the coaches are waiting until SBG are over to announce.

I can speak on behalf of my brother Ricky the former HC of Encinal...

The time spent at Encinal and the investment put into changing a culture and creating a program revolving around responsibility, accountability, dedication and hard work is my brothers greatest accomplishment. The above quote is accurate to a certain degree, as my brother and his staff invested that time out of love and an understanding that if he expects certain standards than he would put forth the same. The study halls, mentoring, and family like setting was and is the culture of change. As far as paying his coaches out of his own pocket all I can say is my brother made sure that his guys and their time and needs were also addressed and put first.

To address the ejection in the final game vs CN that was due to two unsportsmanlike penalties given to the sideline and both he and another coach were disqualified in the forth quarter with under 5 mins remaining. Unfortunately as most are aware the HC takes the fall for his sideline. There were no "yelling matches" with a player as RESPECT was always a mutual understanding between coaches and players.

My brother made a very difficult decision to leave the Nail to better his family. He just recently had a son with his wife and they reside out in Brentwood. He teaches at Piedmont HS and then would go down the hill to the Nail to finish his days there. He wouldn't never turn his back on the kids of that program if he wasn't comfortable knowing that a culture has been created and the leadership that still remains will continue what has been soundly started. He and his staff have a ton to still give and will without doubt continue to teach this great game when the right opportunity presents itself.

Sorry for long response but I felt like some clarity should be shed...

Just saw Nate Smith wrote an article on Freedoms Head Coach stepping down. What an amazing run he had at the BVAL school. Numerous scholarship players, league titles, and playing for two section championships. Great job Coach Hartwig. I'm sure another program will benefit from your talents in a few years. Freedom should have a good team coming back. Interesting situation for a coach to come in and compete right away.

http://www.prep2prep.com/feature.aspx?ArticleID=22030

Huge news out of the BVAL. Hartwig did a great job at Freedom. He leaves as the BVAL has moved into the best league in the NCS

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT