ADVERTISEMENT

OAk ridge thriller in OT!!!!

Bob33

Sports Fanatic
Aug 26, 2001
horrible call by gB. 4 and 2 from 48 and they punt. Sorry I'm going for it. Guess what... OR blocks kick and is ready to score. You can't get 2 yards with a kid Cal bound?

GB D is legit! Holds OR and they miss FG.

I think this is going to be an grind it out game. GB RB Peterson is so fast.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Tattersall is a freak. OR won't be able to stop Him.

7-0 GB. Tattersall already had 50 years rushing and it's 452 left in 1

Dan they look more athletic and overall a little stronger. They struggle throwing from what I can see.

Dan they look more athletic and overall a little stronger. They struggle throwing from what I can see.
Can’t believe Vacaville lost to them by a missed last second FG. It’s nice to see Granite Bay is up there with the top teams in the SFL

I can't tell you how impressed I am by GB. There defense is causing a very good OR team major issues. Anybody know how many D1 players they have?

7-0 GB half. 2 missed FG by oR.

OR 3 missed short FG. QB keeps ball way to much. Terrible play calling and reads.
Still 7-0

If GB had any passing game they would be scary.

Oak ridge moving ball a little now. Maybe D getting tired. Time of possession dominated by oR.

Been a defensive struggle grind it out game...
Not sure OR will be able to score though.

Just got back. That was what HS football is all about. I always say championship teams find ways to win. Oak Ridge could easily have 2 losses this season. Great teams win close games. Granite Bay is the real deal. If they had a little more on the passing game they would be an elite team. They just struggled on that front.

BTW, Oak Ridge Fresh -Undefeated
JV - undefeated
Varsity - undefeated

Some good years ahead in Trojan land.

Great win for Oak Ridge to tie it up and win in overtime. Granite Bay continues to show it has a really good defense.

Oak Ridge's overall program is in really good shape right now. Turned a corner at the varsity level a few years ago.

Really a great game. It was the sort of nail bitter I recall from the old days. Football games today are like video games at the HS level with scoring. This was a grind it out game where the MVP's were on defense. In the end Baldachio proved to be the difference. He can make so many broken plays into positive ones. He made some bad reads in the first 1/2 and into the 3rd but stepped int up in the 4th spreading it out offensively. GB had a perfect game plan. They largely controlled #2. I would not want to play GB down the stretch.

OR system is in really good shape all the way down to Jr trojans. If you ask me they are the up and coming program. The fresh QB they have is an alsolute beast. He will be 6"5 225 by the time he's a jr. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts next year as a soph.

Reactions: coachlittle
Really a great game. It was the sort of nail bitter I recall from the old days. Football games today are like video games at the HS level with scoring. This was a grind it out game where the MVP's were on defense. In the end Baldachio proved to be the difference. He can make so many broken plays into positive ones. He made some bad reads in the first 1/2 and into the 3rd but stepped int up in the 4th spreading it out offensively. GB had a perfect game plan. They largely controlled #2. I would not want to play GB down the stretch.

OR system is in really good shape all the way down to Jr trojans. If you ask me they are the up and coming program. The fresh QB they have is an alsolute beast. He will be 6"5 225 by the time he's a jr. I wouldn't be surprised if he starts next year as a soph.
Sounds like a great game Larry. Looking forward to the OR/Folsom slugfest!

Sounds like a great game Larry. Looking forward to the OR/Folsom slugfest!
I think Joe Davidson of the Sac Bee needs to rethink his NorCal rankings. Same with CalHi Sports. I don’t see how they justify Oak Ridge being ranked higher than Pittsburg. OR has now struggled against Vacaville and Granite Bay and Pittsburg manhandled Vacaville. Having Folsom on their schedule shouldn’t justify it either. Plus, if Folsom struggles vs. OR, that should play a factor when determining who hosts the NorCal D1-AA game which will probably be out of OR, Folsom, San Ramon and Pittsburg.

Paloma, OR doesn't have the elite athletes that Pitt has. They would probably struggle with them. OR is just a good HS football factory with a few UC Davis/Sac State/ Cal Poly type kids. They have a UNLV lineman commit but UNLV is horrible. Oak Ridge will outsmart and outplay better teams but if its a talent game then I will got with the speed team. For example, OR would struggle with a team like Sac High IMO. OR will have a very hard time with the Ngata brothers from Folsom. But who doesn't... For now OR is a solid top 10 team in Norcal and is good enough to beat anybody except DLS on any given night.

Folsom vs Oak Ridge in 2 weeks for the game of the year in Norcal. We will see.

Paloma, OR doesn't have the elite athletes that Pitt has. They would probably struggle with them. OR is just a good HS football factory with a few UC Davis/Sac State/ Cal Poly type kids. They have a UNLV lineman commit but UNLV is horrible. Oak Ridge will outsmart and outplay better teams but if its a talent game then I will got with the speed team. For example, OR would struggle with a team like Sac High IMO. OR will have a very hard time with the Ngata brothers from Folsom. But who doesn't... For now OR is a solid top 10 team in Norcal and is good enough to beat anybody except DLS on any given night.

No dispute here about the toughness of OR or the type of program they have. But rankings seem to matter when it comes to decisions like home field advantage. Especially in regards do the two hour drive from the East Bay to Folsom area.

I don’t see how they justify Oak Ridge being ranked higher than Pittsburg. OR has now struggled against Vacaville and Granite Bay and Pittsburg manhandled Vacaville.

As LL correctly pointed out in another thread, every matchup is different. Daisy chaining doesn't justify Pittsburg being ranked higher either. For all we know, OR might beat Pitt by 2 TD's despite the comparisons you used. There are just too many factors in play. Maybe a team is playing much better in week 8 than they were in week 2. Or perhaps a team is more healthy one week than another.

You just can't determine who is better w/o it actually playing out on the field.

Lastly, does it really matter where JoeD or CalHi ranks these teams? It just their subjective opinion at this point in time. If Pitt is truly the better team, we'll see it play out over the next 6 weeks. The current rankings don't matter.

Reactions: awood1

Totally concur. If Oak Ridge was slowed to only one score in regulation against Granite Bay, they are going to have a rough ride through the playoffs. Granite Bay has a good defense but they can't hang with great athletes. The story of the OR-GB game to me, having seen both Folsom and OR play against GB, is that Folsom has a significant athletic advantage.

Reactions: ThunderRam
But to be honest guys Oak Ridge dominated time of possession against GB, racked up a lot more yards, missed 3 FG's, and thru a pick in the end zone. I honestly think they were the better team and probably should have won by 14-17. The game could have easily been 24-7. Trust me I walked away impressed with GB. Not sure what an elite athlete is today but GB has several. You don't get offers from schools like UCLA, CAL, Wash, Nebraska for not being one. I'm just glad i made the decision to go. Best game I've been to this year. Oak Ridge seems to play Folsom tougher than what you would see on "paper" Its a rivalry game. Probably not a lot of love between the 2. Like Thunder said... you gotta play it out.

But to be honest guys Oak Ridge dominated time of possession against GB, racked up a lot more yards, missed 3 FG's, and thru a pick in the end zone. I honestly think they were the better team and probably should have won by 14-17. The game could have easily been 24-7. Trust me I walked away impressed with GB. Not sure what an elite athlete is today but GB has several. You don't get offers from schools like UCLA, CAL, Wash, Nebraska for not being one. I'm just glad i made the decision to go. Best game I've been to this year. Oak Ridge seems to play Folsom tougher than what you would see on "paper" Its a rivalry game. Probably not a lot of love between the 2. Like Thunder said... you gotta play it out.
The SFL is so tough. Grind it out.

Oak Ridge seems to play Folsom tougher than what you would see on "paper" Its a rivalry game. Probably not a lot of love between the 2. Like Thunder said... you gotta play it out.

This is very true as these kids are literally separated by a County line. A move of 100' can change alliances. Kids have competed against each other since grade school and many have friends of friends, attend the same church and go to the same theaters. That said, OR hasn't beaten Folsom on the field since 2006.

This is very true as these kids are literally separated by a County line. A move of 100' can change alliances. Kids have competed against each other since grade school and many have friends of friends, attend the same church and go to the same theaters. That said, OR hasn't beaten Folsom on the field since 2006.
Sitting next to each other at the Palladio theater!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT