ADVERTISEMENT

Oak Ridge vs Granite Bay at GB

ILOVETROJANFOOTBALL

Hall of Famer
Aug 20, 2006
I am going with Oak Ridge in this game.

Granite Bay 21
Oak Ridge 24

This assumes Tattersall is back. May have to go watch!

CalPreps projection OR 20-19. Granite Bay with home field advantage and two weeks to get ready for this game. I'll take GB 24-21.

I really want to attend this game I really appreciate both programs two bluebloods that’s still relevant today...I’d have to lean towards oak ridge after watching how inconsistent the granite bay qb is.

I think the program simply does not teach pass offense well. Not sure but I would guess they are still using a passing tree and very limited route concepts. If so, that would leave the QB with limited options. And, I am not so sure they coach the receivers on route running at an advanced level. They have some really gifted athletes but you really need year around commitment from those guys to implement that type of offense. They don't get it there due to rugby, soccer and lacrosse.

Going to be a great game for sure. Wish I could be there and at the Rocklin/DO game at the same time.

Everything points to a close game i.e. fewest mistakes and/or last one with ball wins. I'm interested to see how well GB D contains OR QB. DO had a hard time running outside of GB's tackles because of the 3-4 GB plays and excellent LB's.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I think the program simply does not teach pass offense well. Not sure but I would guess they are still using a passing tree and very limited route concepts. If so, that would leave the QB with limited options. And, I am not so sure they coach the receivers on route running at an advanced level. They have some really gifted athletes but you really need year around commitment from those guys to implement that type of offense. They don't get it there due to rugby, soccer and lacrosse.

Oh ok good insight I don’t think it’ll be hard to get some spread guys in there to help coach spread concepts...

Oh ok good insight I don’t think it’ll be hard to get some spread guys in there to help coach spread concepts...

Well, they are spreading to run now. You would think they could spread to pass. That takes some serious coordination....a great WR coach.

Well, they are spreading to run now. You would think they could spread to pass. That takes some serious coordination....a great WR coach.

I hear you trust me grant is a spread team now and they aren’t a threat to pass at all so it’s still simple to defend them...teams are stacking the box or cutting down their o line they still are a two tight end with a full neck team just moved to shot gun

I hear you trust me grant is a spread team now and they aren’t a threat to pass at all so it’s still simple to defend them...teams are stacking the box or cutting down their o line they still are a two tight end with a full neck team just moved to shot gun

They need a QB who can distribute it at Grant and not one who is another runner. I have always favored a QB that will simply do his job. The dual threat guys always tuck in and run. You almost never see them stand in the pocket and deliver the ball to the third guy in the progression. If that third guy is a stud RB...tucking it and running seems a lower percentage play.

This should be a great game. Two very equal teams. I got OR 24 and GB 21
Any key injuries for GB? I will be out there..

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT