ADVERTISEMENT

only a matter of time

I hope 1 of the 4 goes Nino Brown & takes everyone with them. 4 coaches all African American. Really?

Miller is a crook at UOA and we all know Pitino is slime ball. I always wonder how a school like Prolific Prep is funded and gets kids... follow the money right to adidas.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Please get your facts straight before making ridiculous accusations about Prolific Prep. Follow the facts.

12 Players that played their careers at Prolific Prep have gone on to play College Basketball.

ONLY 1 player has signed with an Adidas School.

That is 8% success rate "if" Prolific Prep steers players to Adidas programs.

With that rate, our program would be a complete failure in regards to "pushing the brand only".

Our program COMPLETELY allows our families to choose their college decisions.

Our staff and board work around the clock to fund our program the right way. These accusations are disrespectful and not called for.

Who pays the tuition at Justin Siena? Who pays for all the travel and coaches? Get real. This is a biz and the dark side down to AAU /Prep school is getting exposed.

First of all, all of our kids do not go to Justin-Siena.

Second, you are correct, AAU and maybe some prep schools are being exposed. Time will tell whom, but it will not be PP.

Thirdly, click below to see how PP is community funded, as strong as ever, and will continue to grow organically. PP has done it the right way from Day 1, and will continue down that path.

http://www.prolificprep.org/boardofdirectors

Did we lose kids to PP that were directed/hustled by shoe companies.....ABSOLUTELY! We are very excited for this recent news since it will only make PP stronger and level the recruiting field, which is how it should be.

Prolific Prep is the stupidest name for an AAU..cough cough, High School...cough cough cough, academy that I've ever hard of. You probably lose kids because they don't wanna say they go to "Prolific Prep", not just because of shoe companies.

I do admit that this program does seem like a sham, but if they're not getting caught then they must be doing something right. lol

While prolific prep may not be doing anything overtly illegal, let's call it what it really is- a business. Although the program helps kids, it's not for the kids. It's a business. Any denying of this would be like going to a grocery store and arguing the store is there to benefit the community and not the owner of the business. The community benefits from the store, but it is still a business.

I don't agree with the business model but that doesn't mean they can't do what they're doing. Just something I wouldn't support.

I guess I have a different vantage point than you, which doesn't make either of us right or wrong. All private schools are businesses to a certain extent. The ones that aren't making money shut down and only the most profitable ones thrive. SI has a boatload of cash as I'm sure does Serra, Mitty, St Francis, DLS etc...

These schools send kids to the best colleges/universities, which is their marketing or branding thus getting the smarter kids in the area. Some excel in Athletics and attract athletes as well.

The kids that attend these private schools benefit and kids choose to attend said schools because they meet a need they are looking for. A grocery store does benefit the community while, if managed properly, will generate a profit for the owner(s).

Any successful business, meets a need or demand. PP has it's clientele and I believe both client and PP benefit. I don't believe they represent themselves as anything but a "program" that takes elite basketball players and puts them in a position to attend a D1 basketball program and eventually make the NBA or pro league somewhere.

Prolific Prep is the stupidest name for an AAU..cough cough, High School...cough cough cough, academy that I've ever hard of. You probably lose kids because they don't wanna say they go to "Prolific Prep", not just because of shoe companies.

I do admit that this program does seem like a sham, but if they're not getting caught then they must be doing something right. lol

In what ways does that program seem like a sham?

PP got the Adidas backing when they got Josh Jackson. He signed with Kansas, an Adidas school...He is now under contract with Under Armour. Did Adidas try to get him under contract when he went pro and UA outbid them?
Lots of hypotheticals out there. All I know is what I see, and PP puts a great product on the floor and helps elite players get even better. Shouldn't hate on that!

Looks like schools are getting Trumped. Follow the $$ and it will lead you to the villains. Let's see how this trickles down to the prep schools and the AAU programs and Vegas tourneys. It will be interesting as the Big 3 battle for the top players/programs to play in their tourneys.

This has been going on forever. Worst secret in sports. I remember the pump n run to ucla connection not to long ago literally every kid on team became a bruin. Soldiers and Arizona pipeline has had lots of money exchanged. If NCAA had any interest in busting it up they could of. How does a guy like brandon McCoy randomly end up at unlv at the last second. He got a big big bag of cash.

Good Ole Rick! See ya later.... He should have been gone years ago. The surprise to me is coach Cal at UK. I guess he has a lot of front line supervisors.

PP is a business. Its a for profit enterprise. Its a brand they are selling. Kids get used along with exposure and they promote successes based on D1 scholarships. In the end the money circle has to come back, which it will when you land a kid like Josh Jackson. Whether its Nike, UA, or Adidas they all have their hand in the pie. Doesn't matter which one.

There is 1 school and coach I'd like to see get investigated. DUKE & Coach K. All those all Americans and they are clean? Kid from Louisville got 100k & Bagley got 0? Gtfoh. This story is not ending anytime soon

Okay lets just everyone pay their taxes on the bribe money and lets move on. As long as these kids turn out into productive, respectful citizens in society, I could care less. I may be in the minority but all that Lance Armstrong cheating led to millions and millions for cancer research. Are you going to look at him as just a cheater or a spark plug for finding a cure for a life-threatening illness that touches so many? I personally see the latter.

Reactions: MoneyTeam0115
EVERYONE is going down!!! This is just the tip of the iceberg....

Does anyone really think that the dudes named/caught today (who are facing YEARS/DECADES in Federal Pen) aren't going to turn states evidence and name names in order to shorten those jail sentences???
Its going to be like an Olympic diving competition...(the flipping will be non stop)

Next years NCAA tourney field just might be the only 68 teams left NOT implicated.

Perhaps this will be the catalyst to finally ending the corrupt NCAA's draconian rule!

PP got the Adidas backing when they got Josh Jackson. He signed with Kansas, an Adidas school...He is now under contract with Under Armour. Did Adidas try to get him under contract when he went pro and UA outbid them?
Lots of hypotheticals out there. All I know is what I see, and PP puts a great product on the floor and helps elite players get even better. Shouldn't hate on that!
If I'm not mistaken Josh Jackson AAU team was always Under Armour.

Does anyone really think that the dudes named/caught today (who are facing YEARS/DECADES in Federal Pen) aren't going to turn states evidence and name names in order to shorten those jail sentences???
Its going to be like an Olympic diving competition...(the flipping will be non stop)

Next years NCAA tourney field just might be the only 68 teams left NOT implicated.

Perhaps this will be the catalyst to finally ending the corrupt NCAA's draconian rule!
Couldn't agree more. Sac State is in my final four now. The Feds just unlocked pandaros box. I have mixed feelings about some of these kids who get exploited though and end up paying the ultimate price. You get a scarlet letter behind your name and its hard to rebound from. But at the end of the day its not that hard to figure out what is wrong and right either.

Couldn't agree more. Sac State is in my final four now. The Feds just unlocked pandaros box. I have mixed feelings about some of these kids who get exploited though and end up paying the ultimate price. You get a scarlet letter behind your name and its hard to rebound from. But at the end of the day its not that hard to figure out what is wrong and right either.
How is Kentucky not rolled up in this!?

Oh it's coming. FBI is now investigating Nike. The entire landscape of college sports will now take on a new direction

If I'm not mistaken Josh Jackson AAU team was always Under Armour.

Yes it was UA.

I heard Seth Greenberg yesterday on radio and he summed it up well. Everyone puts their toes in the grey area. The issue is when people (coaches, agents, players, parents, etc) put both feet in.

You think Louisville takes the fall? Are they the SMU of this era? Somebody isn't going to recover from this.

I don't see how Louisville avoids the death penalty. Jus got put on probation and a few months later this. Bball only needs a few good players compared to 30-40 for fball. The key guy is the man who worked for Nike & most recently Adidas. He has all the schools by the balls rt now.

Reactions: Fentons Cream
Calipari & Coach K. they're $$ is untraceable. Plus they keep a certain of "Plausible Deniability" by having multiple Layers of people between them & the Money!!

Nothing is going to really change. Read jay bilas piece on espn today he sums it up. A bunch of guys will get busted some heads will roll, but aau isn't going anywhere, agents aren't going anywhere, and the money is still there so players are going to get paid.

Reactions: SHgradSIdad
Being able to go straight to the NBA out of high school would clean up most of this madness. Most of these high profile players taking money have a chance to get drafted the same year they graduate high school.

Look for more kids to go play overseas out of HS. I think this will happen as the $$ dries up, at least for the next few years, as folks run scared.

It's been going on for years and way before 1 and done was a rule. The issue is why give 5he money to kids that will never make it or because they were over hyped by a daddy made website. The feds really care about all this untaxed money being handed out like it's water.

Reactions: treshon

@northbaybbguru 1. I agree with you, this slope is very slippery. 2. Maybe the NCAA just elevated their university compliance investigation budget? 3. It would be great if all these guys ended up in the same jail, and there is a documentary detailing how all of these "deals" came about. 4. You can't seriously think that "EVERYONE" is going down do you? 5. You think CN has a chance against Ranch?

Yacht,
Does Cn have a chance against Ranch? You read the pd "teams don't come around here like this to often" Coming from the Ranch coach, I guess when you've coached 5 games you can say that..

@northbaybbguru 1. I agree with you, this slope is very slippery. 2. Maybe the NCAA just elevated their university compliance investigation budget? 3. It would be great if all these guys ended up in the same jail, and there is a documentary detailing how all of these "deals" came about. 4. You can't seriously think that "EVERYONE" is going down do you? 5. You think CN has a chance against Ranch?

This is a basketball thread...no football talk from me here....

ask me on the football forum....the week of the game and I will give u my take...
lips are zipped until then

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT