ADVERTISEMENT

Palo Alto Beats St. Francis*

TheHillZ

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Dec 4, 2018
Believe the final was 55-41.

Game gets an asterisk because most (maybe all?) of the Lancer starters were in street clothes.

It was nice to see Anika Shah bombing away again for Paly. And Carly Martin, their point guard, plays in a different gear than everyone else.

Reactions: GBBall4L
Palo Alto is a good team so if a lot of the Lancers starters weren't suited up then there you go. I still believe a healthy fully suited St. Francis wins this game decisively.

Reactions: stepslide
I believe one of their players was at an AAU tournament in Dallas and the other 3 are playing softball. I believe they were essentially missing their potential starting 5 from last year's team. Sf woulda won this one by double digits easily with a full team.

I believe one of their players was at an AAU tournament in Dallas and the other 3 are playing softball. I believe they were essentially missing their potential starting 5 from last year's team. Sf woulda won this one by double digits easily with a full team.
Dual sport athletes are allowed right now right? Cant they play both softball and basketball?

It's a nightmare for everyone -- club, other sports, upcoming graduation. In so many ways, this is a throwaway season ...

A Peninsula football coach mentioned that his delayed 2020 five-game "season" was really a souped-up, extended spring practice with a clear eye on a true 2021 campaign.

I imagine many of them do ... in NCS, no playoffs. Truncated season. Limited fans. Conflicts with graduation fun.

I'm sure many, if not all, are happy they get to play at all, but this experience isn't close to what a senior season has been like in the past.

Reactions: stepslide
CDPH guidelines say you can't play 2 games in a day?? So if there is a softball game and a basketball game same day, a kid has to choose 1.

CDPH guidelines say you can't play 2 games in a day?? So if there is a softball game and a basketball game same day, a kid has to choose 1.

This tweet says otherwise.. and according to the schedules posted, softball and basketball did not have games on the same day. So are the softball players not playing basketball? They are listed on the roster

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT