ADVERTISEMENT

Palo Alto vs Las Lomas D1 Nor Cal

Should be a great game!
Palo Alto is underrated . They don't have a D1 guy but they have a couple of D2 players and some D3 players and play very well together . I think LL can play with them but they will have a difficult time scoring. Prince will a tough time getting to the basket.
Dorward for Paly has been getting to the basket at will and had 25 points vs Menlo. Very tough for LL to match up with him.
Robinson and Payne are capable but will get frustrated vs the defense of Palo Alto.
Palo Alto 60-52 victory !!!

Reactions: drmarkppd
I'm going the other way on this one. LL 72 to PA 69. Prince will be the best player on the floor. I've really been impressed with Robinson on the defense end in the post season too, that's been HUGE. The pride he took guarding Beasley last Saturday was key in the win over Dublin, did a GREAT job on him. Payne is playing big time basketball right now as well, I thought he was LL's 2nd best player last night after Prince. PA is a great team and well coached, but I think LL has just a little too much firepower and enough outside shooting to burn PA when the help side defense inevitably has to show up. Hard trying to guard Prince, Payne, and Robinson one on one, over and over and over again without help.

Reactions: Chuck023
I’m going with Palo Alto win by One Point. Final score will be between 63 and 60. If Las Lomas scores in the 70s The outcome might be like Dublin last year 83-80 loss. Great individual players won’t work here, team ball will win this game. NCS not use to PA style.

I'm going Las Lomas by 12. Las Lomas is to deep for Palo Alto. Match up nightmares all over the floor. Let's not forget about Jason Holman either. Palo Alto can't help off of any player and will have to guard them strait up the entire game. If head to head match ups mean anything Mitty beat Palo Alto by 12 and Las Lomas just beat the breaks off Mitty. Las Lomas is the real deal. Dorewood has been getting 25 a game. Las Lomas last night had 25 from Robinson, Prince and 19 from Payne I believe.

Reactions: nostancenochance
@CityBoy415 can you tell us why Las Lomas lossed to St Pat-St Vince 52-48 on 1/15/18? And do you know any details vs CVC on 1/19/18 in the 82-63 loss by 19 points? Is CVC more athletic then LL?

@CityBoy415 can you tell us why Las Lomas lossed to St Pat-St Vince 52-48 on 1/15/18? And do you know any details vs CVC on 1/19/18 in the 82-63 loss by 19 points? Is CVC more athletic then LL?

LL avenged the CVC loss by beating them and winning league so that loss is a wash... The SPSV game was a low scoring affair due to poor shooting by LL on St Mary’s court.

LL is on a high and while they do have clear as day go to guys they do play TEAM ball! You don’t get to 30-2 record by accident or selfish play... LL over PA by 10

It's March and your still talking about games from January? All teams grow and get better over the course of the year. What I can tell you about those losses is that what ever the reasons were why they lost they got better from it. They just beat the breaks off a very solid Mitty team and gave BOD all they could handle. Your absolutely right individual players won't win this late in the game. LL with 3 players with 20 points last game doesn't speak to selfish play to me either.

Last edited:
Reactions: nostancenochance
LL avenged the CVC loss by beating them and winning league so that loss is a wash... The SPSV game was a low scoring affair due to poor shooting by LL on St Mary’s court.

I asked the question was CVC more athletic then LL? Also LL had 2 poor shooting events at the St Mary’s Court, the other one against BOD. LL is undefeated at home and 3 losses away. 2 losses in a College gym like the one they will play on this Saturday. Santa Clara more Home game to PA. Hopefully LL’s student’s Section travels well because PA will have 125-150 students court side calling the LL players by their name.

It's March and your still talking about games from January? All teams grow and get better over the course of the year. What I can tell you about those losses is that what ever the reasons were why they lost they got better from it. They just beat the breaks off a very solid Mitty team and gave BOD all they could handle. Your absolutely right individual players won't win this late in the game. LL with 3 players with 20 points last game doesn't speak to selfish play to me either.

Thank you for the input. The game against Mitty was a home game where LL is undefeated as was the wins over Dublin and CVC the second time. What LL isn’t is undefeated on the road against Big Competition rather in December, January, February or March. [SPSV 1/15, CVC 1/19 & BOD March 3rd].

Thank you for the input. The game against Mitty was a home game where LL is undefeated as was the wins over Dublin and CVC the second time. What LL isn’t is undefeated on the road against Big Competition rather in December, January, February or March. [SPSV 1/15, CVC 1/19 & BOD March 3rd].

A team playing a tough schedule will have some losses in the road. Palo Alto hasn’t played anybody tough in the road to have one. Oh wait the Los Gatos game that took them double OT to win must have been on the road lol. There’s nothing wrong with a team being challenged on the road. Since were comparing teams where has Palo Alto been challenged in their league? Home or away? LL played a pretty tough schedule this year in the preseason and their league had a couple tough teams in it. LL is battle tested we will soon find out if Palo Alto is

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
I'm sure the Dr is working overtime trying to improve his defenders lateral quickness as Rob Prince is a blur - he can go throw 0-60-0 in no time. I think that Las Lomas has a huge advantage at PG. Dorward is a heck of a Wing but Nate Robinson is playing at an extremely high-level as well.

The primary Paly advantages that I see is they are bigger, more physical in the paint with Jefferson who's a load. They are also deeper than Las Lomas but so far that hasn't really hurt Las Lomas as they have avoided foul trouble and their big 4 are in incredible shape and don't seem to wear down.

Paly better pray that Las Lomas has difficulties shooting in that big gym and/or they shoot the heck out of the ball; otherwise Paly can cancel their Sacramento reservations. Paly is a quality team that is extremely well-coached but this Las Lomas team appears to be on an epic run.

Reactions: Straight8
Las Lomas is a more talented team that is hitting on all cylinders! Palo Alto has no answer for Rob Prince. IF the big 3 stay out of foul trouble, I’ll go with LL by 10. Hopefully I can make game.

Palo Alto beat Sheldon during the summer. I know its summer but that is impressive and Sheldon had their guys. Don't underestimate Palo Alto or they will beat you. If you give them easy drives by Dorward Palo Alto win. No one seems to be able to stop him. Averaging 25 a game. He should be on the radar for some D1 schools. LL is going to have a tough time getting easy baskets and won't score in transition.
Palo Alto by 8!

Well, after reading and viewing all that. This game should be an epic one!! Seems like it will come down to if Las Lomas will shoot well in a bigger gym. LL has speed and athleticism to go a long with great 3pt shooting. PA has the height, strength and run methodically great sets on offense. They also can shoot the 3.
Can’t be more than a one possession game either way. But, I will take PA with Semi- home court advantage

Some Numbers ->

Opponent Average Points Per Game

1. 2013 DeLaSalle 37.96

2. 2015 De La Salle 42.87

3. 2014 Monte Vista 43.60

4. 2017 De La Salle 43.67

5. 2017 St. Joseph 44.56

6. 2018 Palo Alto 45.31

7. 2017 James Logan 46.58

8. 2017 Woodcreek 48.48

9. 2017 Mission 48.61

10. 2017 Salesian 48.62

11. 2018 Salesian 51.12

12. 2017 Palo Alto 53.00

13. 2018 Sheldon 53.09

14. 2017 Sheldon 55.65

15. 2018 Las Lomas 54.06

16. 2018 Bishop O’Dowd 56.06

Sheldon had their guys
They didn't have all their guys most notably the Delta POY and Sheldons best player. They were also missing a few others as well as playing a couple guys who aren't with the team anymore and guys that don't play much. That's why it's the summer. With that said I like the way Palo Alto plays and will take them by 6 .

Some Numbers ->

Opponent Average Points Per Game

1. 2013 DeLaSalle 37.96

2. 2015 De La Salle 42.87

3. 2014 Monte Vista 43.60

4. 2017 De La Salle 43.67

5. 2017 St. Joseph 44.56

6. 2018 Palo Alto 45.31

7. 2017 James Logan 46.58

8. 2017 Woodcreek 48.48

9. 2017 Mission 48.61

10. 2017 Salesian 48.62

11. 2018 Salesian 51.12

12. 2017 Palo Alto 53.00

13. 2018 Sheldon 53.09

14. 2017 Sheldon 55.65

15. 2018 Las Lomas 54.06

16. 2018 Bishop O’Dowd 56.06
WHAT ARE YOU SUGGESTING??. If it's the last 4 standing play d then ok. If your pointing to PA having the best D well their SOS is pretty weak.

The last 4 standing do show signs of playing D. As for PA playing a weak schedule I still see good D. The number 1 ranked team in NCAA D1 is Virginia with 2 losses. They also have the best scoring defense in D1 basketball with a 53.4 OPP PPG regardless of their SOS. Here are numbers in high school against the top competition:

PA
vs Salesian 57-65 L
vs Menlo 52-58 L
vs Mitty 61-73 L
vs Heritage 59-49 W
vs Menlo 54-47 W
vs St Ignatius 75-60 W

LL
vs SPSV 48-52 L
vs CVC 63-82 L
vs BOD 58-65 L
vs Mitty 84-70 W
vs Dublin 69-66 W
vs CVC 83-75 W
** St. Ignatius 60-43 W

** Heritage held CVC to 66 points in a 71-66 win
** Menlo held CVC to 61 points in a 65-61 win

PA and LL OPP PPG vs Common Opponents this season:

LL 50.2
PA 56.75

I see what you are doing Drmarkppd!
I hope the bulletin board material gives your son and his team an extra edge. Although, it usually works when people are seriously doubting the underdog has a chance. No clear favorite here!!

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
This is going to be an ESPN instant classic. On my way down from Reno to catch it. Been a loooooooooong week at the cal-neva. I got Las lomas hitting a heartbreaking buzzer beater in double overtime to win this game by 1! Go Knights!

Las Lomas the better team, obviously. Nate shut down their best player! Congratulations to LL, go Knights!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT