ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt Scrimmages

Paloma

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2012
Great competition tonight at Pittsburg. Just love Pitt's scrimmage year in and year out.

Clayton did their best to ruin the night of course. Chippy playball night. Eventually bench clearing brawl broke out against Amador Valley after Clayton player hit an Amador player late out of bounds. Terrible scene overall. It'll be interesting to see if NCS comes down with any sanctions. Doubt it though.

De La Salle and Pittsburg was the best match up by far. Tuli didn't play and don't know if any other guys were missing for the Spartans. Would love for Spartan fans to chime in. But I don't see them being able to even hang with Gorman. Same for Pittsburg vs. Centennial.

Stars of the night were Pitt's skill guys, Foski for sure, Pittsburg's defense and DLS defensive line. Clayton looks very tough and they ran some spread offense. They did very well against Pittsburg but Pittsburg obviously had their backups in against Clayton's starters.

Amador looks to be a solid team but will struggle to get to 5-5 in the EBAL in my opinion.

Reactions: coachlittle
Wow. You are totally out of line. There was no late hit by a CV player. I have the entire episode on video. What actually happened was an Amador Valley player ran 30 yards downfield after a Clayton score and cold cocked a Clayton Valley player. The. CV player got up and defended himself near the Amador bench and the Amador team basically jumped him. I have it all on video and would love to share it with NCS for sanctions. Before you blast out inaccurate reports be sure you have your facts correct. Amador instigated it and started it and got kicked out of the scrimmage while Clayton was allowed to keep playing. They were even throwing punches and hit our coaches when the coaches were separating the players. Aside from that nonsense, the scrimmage was very competitive among the teams. It is unfortunate that Pitts QB got injured. I hear he may be out for the season. They also had a RB injured as well. Prayers are with them for a quick recovery and hopefully initial reports are wrong. DLS defense looked suspect while their offense can run but throwing was a challenge for them. CV appeared to be clicking pretty well on both sides of the ball.

Last edited:
That is how DLS typically looks at these scrimmages. Lots of rust and poor timing, mixed with plays or periods of brilliance.

The QB competition is interesting at DLS. Doesn't appear to be a clear leader yet. Might see rotating QB's for the first time since 2007.

Tagaloa was dominant- when Tuli comes back they will form an incredible DT duo.

Saddest part of the night was Pitts QB injury- he looked really good prior to that. Hope it isnt bad. #55 must have been Bandes? He is impressive as heck

Wow. You are totally out of line. There was no late hit by a CV player. I have the entire episode on video. What actually happened was an Amador Valley player ran 30 yards downfield after a Clayton score and cold cocked a Clayton Valley player. The. CV player got up and defended himself near the Amador bench and the Amador team basically jumped him. I have it all on video and would love to share it with NCS for sanctions. Before you blast out inaccurate reports be sure you have your facts correct. Amador instigated it and started it and got kicked out of the scrimmage while Clayton was allowed to keep playing. They were even throwing punches and hit our coaches when the coaches were separating the players. Aside from that nonsense, the scrimmage was very competitive among the teams. It is unfortunate that Pitts QB got injured. I hear he may be out for the season. They also had a RB injured as well. Prayers are with them for a quick recovery and hopefully initial reports are wrong. DLS defense looked suspect while their offense can run but throwing was a challenge for them. CV appeared to be clicking pretty well on both sides of the ball.
Amador Valley was not kicked out. Take your CV hat off. I have no allegiance and am reporting what I saw. Amador was not scrimmaging De La Salle because they play each other next week.

Saw some videos on Twitter. Doesn't seem to reflect your assessment. I hate when this board become a a CV bashing, but numerous neutral parties said CV was like that with most programs. Don't know why the whole "who started it" argument is even being discussed. Bottom line is when Program across the Bay Area have a perception of you, it would look good if parents and coaches can agree that what happened has no room in high school athletics. If Coaches and players are disciplined, I would have a lot of respect for the Uglies. We will see next Friday. Not a good look all in all for one of the best "on field" programs in NorCal.

It was not a good look at all and I agree there is no room for that. I just wanted to clear the perception and false reports that "Clayton did their best to ruin the night" when it should accurately read "Amador did their best to ruin the night" and the false report that a Clayton player hit an Amador player late. When in fact an Amador player ran 30 yards AFTER score just to cold cock a Clayton player. When one of your teammates is getting jumped and on the bottom of a pile of opposing players, some players came to their teammates defense. To the Clayton team credit, the majority of the Clayton team remained on their sideline. Thankfully, because Clayton outnumbered Amador 3 to 1. Thankfully there was discipline on the sideline. Meanwhile, the Classless Amador team was wildly throwing punches like a group of unruly thugs. My video shows all of that clear as day. But, let's place blame on the team that's full of minorities because a white team from Pleasanton wouldn't act like that right? I have the video and the video doesn't lie and I don't need to post it to valise this, not posting it for you people that just want to be rubber neckers. This isn't worldstar. If that's what you want to see go to that website. This is a football forum. Let's get back to football. .

Last edited:
But, let's place blame on the team that's full of minorities because a white team from Pleasanton wouldn't act like that right?

Here we go now CV going to play the race card? That's priceless. By the way I didn't realize Clayton was a community "full of minorities" when did that change?

Anyway again attitude reflects leadership. If benches cleared that's a problem for both programs. I can say this the excessive celebrations over the top entrances etc are all coached and encouraged by CV staff. This crap ruffles feathers with programs, players, parents, etc, and leads to situations and accusations like this. I wasn't there so can't speak to who or how it started, however it takes two to tango so both are to blame. What to retaliate do it from whistle to whistle.

Correction again. Benches didnt clear. The majority of Clayton remained sidelined. Once again you speak without facts and I don't see what a creative and entertaining entrance has to do with being classless. It's the kids having some fun. Smoke and lights and music. Big deal. Lighten up.

Saw some videos on Twitter. Doesn't seem to reflect your assessment. I hate when this board become a a CV bashing, but numerous neutral parties said CV was like that with most programs. Don't know why the whole "who started it" argument is even being discussed. Bottom line is when Program across the Bay Area have a perception of you, it would look good if parents and coaches can agree that what happened has no room in high school athletics. If Coaches and players are disciplined, I would have a lot of respect for the Uglies. We will see next Friday. Not a good look all in all for one of the best "on field" programs in NorCal.

Video didn't support who's assessment? And no punishment will be handed down unless it comes from NCS.

Correction again. Benches didnt clear. The majority of Clayton remained sidelined. Once again you speak without facts and I don't see what a creative and entertaining entrance has to do with being classless. It's the kids having some fun. Smoke and lights and music. Big deal. Lighten up.

Yet you ignore the excessive celebrations etc............look I just reported what is fact. Their attitude is why these things follow this program, and if I'm speaking without fact what did I lie about here?

I was sitting right there. It was simple. The CVC RB ran for a long TD. The Amador player, clearly frustrated, hit the RB about an hour after the whistle. The CVC kid got up and the shoving started. Amador's whole bench ran over and started pounding on the CVC kid. CVC's players, and bench ran across the field and joined in etc etc. This wan't on CVC, IMHO.

What's interesting is that Amador has always been a class act, but recently many DLS fans have experienced a kind of vocal animosity towards us. Not sure if there's any correlation there. But just sayin'.

Reactions: Ca. Football rules
Benches didn't clear. The majority's of the Clayton team showed restraint and discipline by staying in their sideline while the unruly group from Amador was jumping their teammates and coaches. This whole discussion is centered on Clayton. How come there is no bashing of Amador and their role in all of this? And as far as minorities, check our roster. Yes, race is an undertone in all of this and reflects on how this board is reporting. I guess you live in a bubble these days if you think it's not.

Benches didn't clear. The majority's of the Clayton team showed restraint and discipline by staying in their sideline while the unruly group from Amador was jumping their teammates.

I never said they did I said and I quote, "if benches cleared that's a problem for both programs" reading comp becomes a problem when the heart overrides the mind.

As far as the scrimmages went, DLS looked sluggish. They've still got a QB issue to deal with. They've got some work to do to compete with SJC and BG. The defense will be fine. Tulilegasenoa didn't play (but should be back next week), Riso played only about 5 plays. He played like he's been out all summer...very rusty. To'oto'o is a stud. He identifies, reacts, and flies to the ball...and hits. No wonder every college wants him. The front seven will be stout. The OL will be good as usual. But we knew that. The DBs/WRs and QB(s) are going to have to step it up significantly if they want to beat SJC and the Bishop.

Reactions: UglyEagle
You implied that benches cleared by making that statement, I simply clarified that as false and stated that what you implied was baseless and not factual by implying benches cleared. Hence: your posting without facts. The fact is Clayton showed discipline and restraint by not clearing the bench. But again, this whole incident was unfortunate and gives people like you that have constantly posted and bashed our program a forum like this to bash some more. Now can we just get focused back on football? This feel like TMZ or The National Enquirer. Does anybody have anything to say about how the teams PLAYED?

You implied that benches cleared by making that statement, I simply clarified that a false and stated that what you implied was baseless and not factual by implying benches cleared. The fact is Clayton showed discipline and restraint by not clearing the bench. But again, this whole incident was unfortunate and gives people like you that have constantly posted and bashed our program a forum like this to bash some more.
I wouldn't worry too much about it Ugly Eagle. In NorCal, you will get hated on if you win consistently outside of DLS and the WCAL league. People don't like change. Especially with the "in your face style" that you guys portray.

But, keep on, keep keepin on brother!

Again I stated I wasn't there. I stated "if" benches cleared it's bad for both program. We now have two posters here stating both benches were involved and you stating otherwise. The rest of what I posted is what I know as fact, if it isn't feel free to set the record straight but I stand by my statements.

New You weren't there. Enough said. Goodbye.

Lmao, so I'll again take that as you can't dispute the rest of my posts. Not surprising because it's fact. Anyhow piece of advise going forward leave the race card at home it's childish here. CV playing the victim in anything with the bully attitude they project is comical.

New Word of advice to you. Don't give advice. You are probable a middle aged white man so you wouldn't understand. Race is real brother. Especially when a white team instigated a brawl but nobody is discussing how improper that is, instead the headlines read "Clayton does its best to ruin the night".

Of course race is real nobody said it wasn't, there are blacks, whites, asians,Indian, mixed, etc. And again your statement I'm probably a middle aged white man so I wouldn't understand is a racist statement itself. But again nobody will ever accuse you of critical thought here. I never laid blame on anybody in particular in fact I stated it seems to a problem for "both" programs. But the race card being played just shows a complete lack of substance in any praticular arguement. And if you are going to use it, pointing out or assuming a persons race does nothing to bolster your stance on the issue. Especially if your going to state you wouldn't understand because you are this or that. Poorly worded, poorly thought out, just no place. By the way when did Clayton become a minority community?

i never mentioned the Clayton community. I'm referring to our roster. Anyway, back to the program. Does anybody have any football insights on the scrimmage?

i never mentioned the Clayton community. I'm referring to our roster. Anyway, back to the program. Does anybody have any football insights on the scrimmage?
I'm at Mt. Diablo high school for youth football. Didn't realize they changed there field. It's nice.

Also heard that the Pittsburg defense that the Clayton offense running all over was Pittsburg's third stringers. I Missed De La Salle's offense against Clayton. How'd that go?

De La starters looked strong against CV with the running game. Kairee had a couple decent runs before he was pulled out. Passing was mediocre. CV offense pretty much manhandled Pitt, scoring twice in a minute and 7 times overall so I'm sure that couldn't have been Pitts starters out there.

Benches didn't clear. The majority's of the Clayton team showed restraint and discipline by staying in their sideline while the unruly group from Amador was jumping their teammates and coaches. This whole discussion is centered on Clayton. How come there is no bashing of Amador and their role in all of this? And as far as minorities, check our roster. Yes, race is an undertone in all of this and reflects on how this board is reporting. I guess you live in a bubble these days if you think it's not.

Whoa! Hold up, cowboy! I agree with what you're saying. This wasn't on CVC. I was sitting right there, this was ALL on Amador. Amador's player instigated it, and their bench was all over the CVC kid. I said that CVC's "bench cleared". It was a figure of speech because their whole team made it about halfway across the field before they were stopped by coaches, refs, and cops (not necessarily "showed restraint"...but I get ya). But you're right CVC's bench never really made it across, but the players that were actually playing were right in there in the melee. As to be expected protecting their team mate. No sure what racial undertones you're talking about. This was about one player being dumb.

Word of advice to you. Don't give advice. You are probable a middle aged white man so you wouldn't understand. Race is real brother. Especially when a white team instigated a brawl but nobody is discussing how improper that is, instead the headlines read "Clayton does its best to ruin the night".

Honestly, YOU are the one bringing race into all of this. I'm with you on this, but get over yourself already. And I'm not "some middle-aged white man". Good luck tot he Ugs.

Thank you FolsomBulldog, it's too bad but it's true. I appreciate that. Have a great season!
Ugly you are no doubt a great supporter of your program. Undoubtedly some of what you come up against is jealousy of your on field success. People outside of DLS hate them too. They are accused of many things but never being classless. Why not push for change among your football community base. Do some community outreach and help change perception of your program. I take your word that this was not CVC at fault and good for you to make a stand. Like you I would rather see posts about scrimmage performance.

Spartanrulz I wasn't referring to you in that comment and apologize if it appears so. Those remarks where to that other guy that always has negative things to slander our program and wasn't even there and had stuff to say about it. Good luck to you guys too. The green machine looks very powerful as usual.

Last edited:
Reactions: SpartanzRule
Just read all these threads and am amazed at how quickly this degenerated into this incident somehow involving race. I WAS at the game and agree that Amador owns more responsibility as their player rushed the CV player. However, to be fair, the CV player had laid a number of late hits, including at the end of the play preceeding fight. I think most of us in this forum played football, or other sports, as kids, and most of us were likley involved in fights. Obviously I do not condone these types of incidents, but the reality is that they happen. Both sides have some blame; the CV players did not stay on their bench, and an Amador player was hit in the head (he was not wearing a helmet) with a helmet by a CV player and was transported via ambulance. Before I am labeled a racist, I want to be clear that I am not casting blame at CV. They need to own their part in this, and their reputation of being involved in this type of nonsense, and move forward. The athletic talent on CV is incredible and they have so much potential that they are identified as a threat in NCS every year. However, they, ike Amador, lacked discipline which contributed to this incident. Boys are boys. Boys have been fighting with each other for as long as people have existed. I think this incident will ultimately galvanize both teams (without glamorizing the incident), and will make both more cohesive, and better sportsmen, as they learn from it.

I believe that Amador player was punched he was not hit with a helmet. A helmet would have cracked his head open. The good news is the kid is going to be ok from feedback from an Amador coach today. Nobody goes to a football game to see that or have their kid involved in it or injured by it. Anyhow, it was a bad scene for all involved and doesn't bode well for either program. As for the racial comments, there is enough racial divide going on. I should not have even gone there but I just couldnt help but feel there was an undertone of it going on. This will be my last comment about the incident or the comments. The sooner we can all just get back to the sport the better. There was a lot of good football played and we are here talking more about this than football.

Reactions: coachlittle
I heard he reinjured his knee and was possibly our for the season. I hope that's not correct. Came from a Pitt parent that I know.

Spartanrulz I wasn't referring to you in that comment and apologize if it appears so. Those remarks where to that other guy that always has negative things to slander our program and wasn't even there and had stuff to say about it. Good luck to you guys too. The green machine looks very powerful as usual.

You're so hyper sensitive that no matter what I say it's negative to you. I didn't put blame on CV or Amador as I noted wasn't there. I also said it not good for either program which it isn't. I pointed out things CV does that rub people wrong which is true or you would dispute these statements yet you don't. In terms of past debates I earased every questionable comment I made for you so as not to hurt your feelings. You brought race into this for whatever reason, I just responded to that ignorant statement.

Thanks for the reply. I probably should have kept my mouth shut since I kind of came late in the conversation. It's hard to get context that way. So, my apologies for getting defensive. Good luck to CVC. Go rep California next week! Cya in the playoffs maybe!

...as far as Sparty is concerned, I think we still have a significant QB issue. I guess we'll see about that soon enough. But the rest seems to be looking pretty solid. Lots of talent on DLS this season.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT