ADVERTISEMENT

Pitt vs. Granite Bay

Paloma

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2012
Any one find out why Granite Bay is hosting this game? I’m assuming it is because GB is the section champ here.

I’m really looking forward to this game. These two used have some very physical games. Bandes vs. Craig! AJ Boyd vs. Tartsell! I’ll take Pittsburg winning on a field goal 13-10

Reactions: remc
Any one find out why Granite Bay is hosting this game? I’m assuming it is because GB is the section champ here.

I’m really looking forward to this game. These two used have some very physical games. Bandes vs. Craig! AJ Boyd vs. Tartsell! I’ll take Pittsburg winning on a field goal 13-10

My nephew is best friends with Granite Bay Head Coach Jeff Evans. He says Jeff works really hard with his program.

I might have to make the drive up to GB to see this one. Very intriguing matchup. Two very good public school programs. GB plays in the best league in NorCal.BVAL where Pitt plays, is a pretty good also. Saw DLS and Pitt last week. Good prep for Pitt for this game.I think Pitt wins 20-10

Been saying it all year... GB highly underrated. Best D I've seen. Conversely a pretty bad offense for a champ team but good enough. I don't see Pitt scoring more than 2 TD's. Home game for GB which is a huge advantage. I like GB 14-10 in a dog fight.

Been saying it all year... GB highly underrated. Best D I've seen. Conversely a pretty bad offense for a champ team but good enough. I don't see Pitt scoring more than 2 TD's. Home game for GB which is a huge advantage. I like GB 14-10 in a dog fight.
Sounds like mirror images of one another, great D, average offenses relatively speaking

Reactions: larry legend33
Actually that is true REMC. I would say athletically Pitt is better at the skill positions but the line and LB's I will take GB all day. Should be a good game. I'm going to head over and check it out.

Two games were cancelled (heat wave and fire) and then just two playoff games

Actually that is true REMC. I would say athletically Pitt is better at the skill positions but the line and LB's I will take GB all day. Should be a good game. I'm going to head over and check it out.
Actually I think Pitts D line will surprise the SFL/ GB supporters. Saw them vs DLS last Saturday. Stoned DLS way more than you would expect. Couple of DLS came after being stopped 3 consecutive times from the 2 and 3 yd line from 1st and goal, with DLS finally scoring on 4th down both times. Spartans had to earn those 24 points. That doesn’t happen very often vs a NorCal team.

DLS score speaks volumes, pitt is no joke, gonna be real tough one for GB, but pitt in for tough one too, gonna be sure to see it

Actually I think Pitts D line will surprise the SFL/ GB supporters..

Won't surprise me. I'm already on record saying that I don't know how GB is gonna move the ball, especially since they don't have much of a pass threat. I think this game could be decided by special teams or a defensive score.

They do have Vacaville as a common opponent. Pitt beat vaca 35-13 while GB squeaked by vaca 21-20. interesting to see if either team is able to generate some offense.

Won't surprise me. I'm already on record saying that I don't know how GB is gonna move the ball, especially since they don't have much of a pass threat. I think this game could be decided by special teams or a defensive score.
I agree. A kick off/punt return, blocked kick, pick six. It’s just that close.

Home game for GB. Gotta go with them. When is the last time they've lost? They are riding a 7 game winning streak. I was at that OR game. They dominated the trojans. They play again and GB wins. I'm sticking to the Grizz.

What a bunch of crap! GB completed 2 passes for 35 yards and rushed 37 times for 137 yards against the Trojans. The Trojans completed 13 passes for 149 yards and rushed 55 times for 226 yards. That's GB 172 yards against the Trojans 375 yards. OR scored on the first play of OT. They held GB on 4 and inches to stuff them and win! How can you say GB dominated?

Oak Ridge has lost a total of 3 games in the SFL in the last 3 years! All to Folsom. OR has beat GB, Del Oro, Rocklin, and the other two for the last 3 years. I don't see it any different in the next couple of years. It will be Folsom and OR dominating the SFL as always.

Reactions: awood1
What a bunch of crap! GB completed 2 passes for 35 yards and rushed 37 times for 137 yards against the Trojans. The Trojans completed 13 passes for 149 yards and rushed 55 times for 226 yards. That's GB 172 yards against the Trojans 375 yards. OR scored on the first play of OT. They held GB on 4 and inches to stuff them and win! How can you say GB dominated?

Oak Ridge has lost a total of 3 games in the SFL in the last 3 years! All to Folsom. OR has beat GB, Del Oro, Rocklin, and the other two for the last 3 years. I don't see it any different in the next couple of years. It will be Folsom and OR dominating the SFL as always.

Who does OR play this weekend?

Don't kid yourself. One team will be dominating the SFL and they play on blue turf. Everybody else including OR will be a distant 2nd. They will be national top 5-10 next year after going 16-0 this year. I just got back from watching a future pro play. (NGATA). I would argue Folsom has the recipe to be the greatest team in SJS history next season. Hell this years team is making a statement.

As for GB, OR won that game in OT on a 4th and 1. Were you there? Did you look at time of possession and how the flow of the game went? It was the best HS game I went to this year. GB has any resemblance of a HS QB and they win that game handily. GB will beat a better team today than OR (PITT).

Larry,
I understand the dominance Folsom has brought to the SFL and NorCal, however I am simply stating facts that OR has not lost to an SFL opponent (except for Folsom) in 3 years. Whether it is by 1 point or 21 points or OT, the fact is OR beats their SFL opponents. In the highly regarded league we play in, I would say that puts a distance between OR and the rest. When SFL teams qualify for playoffs at D2 or D3, they take a different path than D1 path of OR and Folsom. They don't have to play against the two teams that beat them already. We lost in semi's this year so we are out. Last week, we sat while 5 (3 of them we beat) prior opponents played for section finals in D1 (Folsom/StMarys), D2 (GB/DO), D1 state finalists (Reed).

As far if I was at the OR vs GB game, I was...I coached it. I've been coaching OR varsity for the last 10 years. It was a great game. The team that came out with the victory, deserved it...it was a battle. It's difficult to read that any team "dominated" that game, however the best team did win, not just by stats, but by the score.

I do agree with you about the Folsom / Reno Express next season, they will be very good...better and more polished than this year.

Reactions: RidgeRider
I agree with the coach from OR. OR and Folsom are D1 schools. They are in a league made up of D2 & at least one D3 school by size. They SHOULD dominate, and likely will for the foreseeable future. They have good coaches, a good pipeline and have all the advantages that come with their size, ability to add athletes, coaching, etc.

GB, DO and Rocklin will always play them physically and occasionally give them a tough go but the league is set up for the two D1 schools to dominate. The other schools really don't even focus on winning the SFL, they focus on being ready for the playoffs.

The SFL is really two leagues: League 1 (Folsom, Oak Ridge) & League 2 (Granite Bay, Rocklin, Del Oro, and now Whitney and Grant will be added).

It's not an equitable league but the League 2 teams do benefit from having the League 1 teams in the SFL, which is for Strength of Schedule.

Last edited:
Reactions: mudhound
I havent seen pitt live but matchups make fights. I have heard special things about Pitts D.

GB is very big n physical. One thing I think that gets missed by alot of folks is how smart a team is and I think GB and SFL schools are in general. I would bet GB has made very minimal mental mistakes all year. Shoot look at our game (indy vs d.o.) we made about 10 big mental mistakes, yardage was very even but score was not.

How will Pitt react on 3rd and 5, will they false start and make it 3rd 10. Will Pitt have chunck or big plays callled back? Vs great defenses you CAN'T shoot urself in the foot. The same goes for GB.

Both teams are going to be physical, both teams are going to play extremly hard, have great tempo and pursuit. Which team won't make a mental mistake, which team knows how to play vs great teams and not blink when the moment is at a fever pitch?

Reactions: remc and RidgeRider
Big defensive play for the Griz early on forcing a fumble deep in their own territory.

Just as I type that, the Pirates just came up with one of the big defensive plays I talked about this week with an INT that nearly went for 6.

1st and goal Pitt inside the GB 5.

Wow. GB's defense bails them out bigtime.

Pitt couldn't get it in the end zone on their 1st two carries from around the 1 yard line. Then a false start pushed Pitt back to the 6. Next play GB gets a big sack.

GB then jumped offside to give them 5 yards back and Pitt ended up hitting the 28-yd FG.

3-0 Pitt w/ 3:41 left in Q1.

As some of us talked about this week, turnovers might be the only way these teams get into scoring position. Pitt just got the first big one.

Pitt breaks through with a big 3rd down conversion on 3rd and 6 then breaks off a TD a few plays later.

Pitt leads 10-0 at the end of Q1.

GB just missed on what would have been an 80-yd TD pass. The WR had the DB beat by several yards but the pass was just a tad overthrown at around the Pitt 40.

GB couldn't convert on the next play and punted. Pitt takes over on their own 36 w/ 10:57 Q2.

The Griz hold on 3rd and 9 from their own 29. But Pitt goes for it and converts for a TD on a nice leaping catch over the defender in the back of the end zone.

That might be ball game already. Pitt leads 17-0 w/ 8:17 to go in Q2.

The QB did a great job escaping pressure by moving left to get the throw off.

I don't see it any different in the next couple of years. It will be Folsom and OR dominating the SFL as always.

4 seasons in the SFL constitutes always? What's with the hyperbole?
OR got dominated themselves in 2014, don't forget that.

They've certainly been the 2nd best team the past 3 seasons, but also have some near misses against Woodcreek, Del Oro and Granite Bay along the way. At least 4 games that easily could have gone the other way. So while they deserve credit for finding ways to win those games, it's not like they've been Folsom dominate.

GB just got bailed out on another INT due to a defensive hold, but found a way to give the turnover back just a few plays later. Pirates ball w/ 2:53 to go til half.

Another turnover by GB. Not looking good for them at the moment.

It's a TO fest.

We knew GB's offense wasn't too good to begin with. And Pitt's offense has hit on some big plays, even though the Griz defense has looked dominate at times.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT