ADVERTISEMENT

Pittsburg Fall 2021 Schedule

Isn't Mack D5? That would be quite a bit out of their weight class, but if anyone can pull it off probably Mack can

They have kicked MC ass each time they have played them so i think they handle them and MA I think is beatable for sure

Serra can beat Pittsburg. Saint Francis has held the WCAL contract with DLS and that game will take take and test DLS to its limits. Next years SF team is no joke. Having said that I would really like to see a Serra DLS game. let’s make happen..
Yes, Serra beat Pitt big the last time they played. The year before that, Pitt beat Serra. Don't doubt St Francis will give DLS a good game. But they won't be favored to beat DLS. But yeah, Serra vs DLS would be great. Wonder if they could meet In NorCal playoffs if everyone takes care of business next year. Heck, hopefully we'll have a normal season next year

remc, you're correct that's when they had Marcus Peters

The Mercury News
McClymonds High football team stuns No. 8 Pittsburg

By JIMMY DURKIN | Bay Area News Group

September 10, 2010 at 4:59 p.m.

The McClymonds High football team proved it can run with the big dogs on Friday night.

The Warriors took an early lead over 2009 North Coast Section Division I finalist Pittsburg, then rallied in the fourth quarter to stun the host Pirates 26-21.

“We were the cupcake on the schedule,” Mack coach Curtis McCauley said. “Well, we just turned into the real cake.”

The Warriors (2-0) scored a touchdown with 15.2 seconds left to complete an improbable comeback.

After trailing 21-12 to start the fourth quarter, Mack got to 21-20 when quarterback Eddie Heard launched an 80-yard touchdown pass to Marcus Peters with less than five minutes to play.

Pittsburg, ranked No. 8 in the East Bay, was trying to run out the clock when it fumbled, and Warriors senior Denzale Johnson recovered at the Mack 39-yard line with 2:42 left.

The Warriors kept their drive alive on a fourth-and-17 play when Heard connected with John Lewis to reach the Pirates’ 9. A play later, Heard (12 of 18, 261 yards) hit Peters for the winning touchdown.

“I just told myself ‘Go get it,’ ” said Peters, who caught six passes for 173 yards and also had an interception.

For Pittsburg, three lost fumbles and three interceptions — including a desperation pass as time expired — made the difference.

“Hats off to (McClymonds),” Pirates coach Victor Galli said. “You can’t turn the ball over that many times.”

Mack’s moved 63 yards in five plays on its first drive, which was capped by Joshua Walters’ 19-yard touchdown catch.

The Pirates’ first sustained drive came late in the second quarter when they reached the Warriors’ 29. But Julius Mozee’s pass was intercepted by Lewis and returned 80 yards for a touchdown and a 12-0 lead.

With less than a minute left in the first half, Pittsburg raced 74 yards in five plays and scored on a 23-yard pass from Mozee to Tyelor Mapp to make it 12-7.
Coach Galli should make that article mandatory reading by all his players a week before the game.

Reactions: remc and Bubba3000
No Hoops this spring for Mack. They're having a new floor put in as we speak it's going to be really nice
Hey PhotoGuy, I have a question slightly off subject. Since you brought up Hoops, and the gym floor. It is regards to hoops.
I have been a big fan of Mack, going back many years. What do you see for the future of the hoop program.? I never can reconcile their great Football program, with the falling apart of the hoops situation.
I do know there is a tremendous Alumni support. Why do you think basketball is so lacking? Just looking for educated understanding.

Here's wishing you great Football, and Hoops.

Hey PhotoGuy, I have a question slightly off subject. Since you brought up Hoops, and the gym floor. It is regards to hoops.
I have been a big fan of Mack, going back many years. What do you see for the future of the hoop program.? I never can reconcile their great Football program, with the falling apart of the hoops situation.
I do know there is a tremendous Alumni support. Why do you think basketball is so lacking? Just looking for educated understanding.

Here's wishing you great Football, and Hoops.
Marcskit, I'm not sure at the moment, hopefully things will turn around. Mack has a great basketball history, between 1958 and 1960, McClymonds won a then state record 65 consecutive games, which is still a Northern California mark. Not only was McClymonds mythical national champions those three seasons, the Warriors went 84-1 between 1958-61 and an incredible 107-1 between 1958-62, then their 2007-2008 32-0 state title against at talented Dominguez squad. There were some good basketball memories for many years, let's hope they will return.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT