ADVERTISEMENT

Placer vs Crenshaw

championcif75

Sports Fanatic
Oct 10, 2009
Crenshaw appears to be big,strong and fast,they lost in the Open Div 1 Championship to Narbonne who plays Pittsburgh in the CIF Div 1 A Championship,can Placer the NorCal Regional Div 4AA winner keep up with this inner city powerhouse?

I think placer has to have long time consuming drives and SCORE and keep the Crenshaw offense off the field as much as possible and hope the defense can get a stop here or there to have a chance.Placer does have the luxury of having everyone healthy and playing vs Crenshaw....including their top defender MLB #4 Chase Luguana Scott who was absent in last weeks D4AA NorCal Regional win vs Salinas due to an ejection he received in the SJS D4 Championship.The Hillmen need to play darn near flawless vs Crenshaw....and that's not going to be easy against this cougar team.

Reactions: Oldguy2017
Hopefully, the Hillmen wont put themselves in a hole early like they have the last 4 games. Keep our heads (No dumb penalties). Keep their score below 20ish. Looks as if they havent seen a wingT. Lookinh at their schedule only the best teams have scored over 24. That said.. cant wait for the game. What a great year! ONE MORE! Go Hillmen!

Just as the Hillmens haven't seen a team like Crenshaw, the Cougars haven't seen a team like Placer. Crenshaw plays better at home than they do on the road so the Hillmen need to play their best game of the year if they want State Championship status.

Keys to a Hillmen win
-Execute their Wing-T to perfection. I believe Crenshaw will struggle defending it.
-Outplay them in the ST area of the game. Most inner-city teams don't put emphasis here.
-Bend but don't break in the "Red Zone". Use the diameter of the field to your advantage.
-Play penalty free football.
-As Oldguy2017 said, Keep your heads because you will be challenged with words in this game. Don't take it personal, this is business. Let your pads do the talking. Anything else and you lose here.

Good luck and Go Hillmen!!!

The fact there is even a discussion about Placer and Crenshaw blows my mind. It seems like only a few years ago we were discussing Crenshaw’s chances to beat DLS. Now they are facing this little D IV team from the foothills? no disrespect intended, as I played against some solid Placer teams back when they were a solid powerhouse in the CAL in the 80s, but people, WTH?? When I think of Placer now, I think of a DIV team in Sac, that always ranked around 15-20 in the areas Top 20 poll. good luck boys, shock the world....or at least shock me!!

Good Luck Hillmen

Go Placer! Cool we’ve had back to back to back appearances by Placer Unified High School District football teams in bowl games over the past three years. Hoping the Hillmen give em’ some foothill smashmouth!

Reactions: smashmouthrick
The fact there is even a discussion about Placer and Crenshaw blows my mind. It seems like only a few years ago we were discussing Crenshaw’s chances to beat DLS. Now they are facing this little D IV team from the foothills? no disrespect intended, as I played against some solid Placer teams back when they were a solid powerhouse in the CAL in the 80s, but people, WTH?? When I think of Placer now, I think of a DIV team in Sac, that always ranked around 15-20 in the areas Top 20 poll. good luck boys, shock the world....or at least shock me!!

Good Luck Hillmen

With schools opening in Los Angeles Crenshaw enrollment has dropped about 1000 kids

With schools opening in Los Angeles Crenshaw enrollment has dropped about 1000 kids

Yea I’m aware, it’s still hard to fathom. I haven’t seen Crenshaw play, but can’t imagine they aren’t the favorites!

I scratch my head at this bowl draw,I really do.Crenshaw,as mrbig said a few yrs bk were in talks about beating DLS,lol.They have gotten smaller in enrollment but still play in Div1 league and do well,they remind me of a Central Catholic (with 350 kids)playing in the Valley Oak league and competing in SJS Div2,i say the D2 cause I thought that was the best and strongest Div in SJS playoffs imho.Placer has mountain to climb here for sure.They need to sustain time consuming drives and Score and keep the cougar offense off the field.2 Placer defense needs a stop here or there or get some luck of a turnover.They have to be steady,consistently move up and dn the field,play as error free as possible really,do that and they got a shot.Go NorCal

Last edited:
Montoya has been building this program for 11 years for this game tonight. I still think of Placer as our SFL brothers and miss those Placer vs DO games. What ever the outcome Placer is the Champs of the foothills but hey while you are all there go win this thing. Go Hillman!
I hear ya smash I was there at the basin(wink)as Casey had the golden eagles fired up every game,lol,and some great monster games at that.....thanks for the support.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT