ADVERTISEMENT

Predictions for NCS D1 and D2 games friday?

Should be Dublin vs Clayton valley unless there is a huge upset. That would be a great game.

I'll take a shot:

D1: CVC by 6, Berkeley by 9, Amador by 1, Heritage by 5. (I will be at Dublin for that one... *if* I can get GoFan online ticketing to work. Hit-and-miss for me, no matter whether I try on the desktop or the ios app.)

D2: O'Dowd by 10, Alameda by 4, Las Lomas by 4, Moreau by 6.

Last edited:
Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
CVC by 10
DELA by 3
DUBLIN by 10
Heritage by 8

Odowd by 15
Alcalanes by
Las Lomas by 8
Moreau loses by 1

All of these games are relatively easy to call, not too exciting...... except for...... NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS! Coach Jones is one of my favorite coaches in all of Norcal! That guy pays attention to the details, is disciplined, and focuses on doing all of the little things right! Their experience against the Dublin Gaels this year will make them STRONG in this game on Friday night. I like the way they played Dublin the second go round, they gave themselves some chances to win. I got the Monte Vista Mustangs in shocker on Friday night, slowing things down, playing strong and fundamental(like their coach) and frustrating CVC. That will set up a round 3 battle at DLS next week!

All of these games are relatively easy to call, not too exciting...... except for...... NOT SO FAST MY FRIENDS! Coach Jones is one of my favorite coaches in all of Norcal! That guy pays attention to the details, is disciplined, and focuses on doing all of the little things right! Their experience against the Dublin Gaels this year will make them STRONG in this game on Friday night. I like the way they played Dublin the second go round, they gave themselves some chances to win. I got the Monte Vista Mustangs in shocker on Friday night, slowing things down, playing strong and fundamental(like their coach) and frustrating CVC. That will set up a round 3 battle at DLS next week!
If Dublin were bounced, I'd definitely have my popcorn ready for the storm that would come to this site.

Dublin will be fine. Dublin has an NBA player ,, and a 6'7 center that dominates. Transfer shooter, Don't forget about Connor Jackson. Too much talent to lose and will be playing Clayton in finals. Dublin loses one game after winning 20 straight and everyone goes crazy. Come talk to me on Saturday morning !!!!

Losing in the Post season tourney might be the best motivation for Dublin. However Dublin has yet to win NCS in any division ever. Rooters tend to get drunk on their offensive talent but the further they go in the tournament the better the opponent’s defense. Their talent is not too much for NCS this year or last year. BTW which team is better Dublin last year with Tim Falls or Dublin this year without Tim Falls?

Tam by 3, and Redwood wins on the last possession at the charity stripe. Redwood has a tendency to get off to hot starts, and big leads. If they shoot well from the perimeter and get those second chance points they have a knack for grabbing, I really like their Longshot odds at upset city dot com.

7 Interesting results for Dublin:
——————————————
68-71 L [6’ 7” SR missing] v Berkeley
56-75 L [- 19 pts] v Salesian
85-82 W [+ 3 pts] v Heritage
64-60 W [+ 4 pts] v @ Foothill
77-73 W [+ 5 pts] v DeLaSalle
64-62 W [+ 2 pts] v Dougherty Valley
68-69 L [EBAL PLAYOFFS] Amador Valley

Losing in the Post season tourney might be the best motivation for Dublin. However Dublin has yet to win NCS in any division ever. Rooters tend to get drunk on their offensive talent but the further they go in the tournament the better the opponent’s defense. Their talent is not too much for NCS this year or last year. BTW which team is better Dublin last year with Tim Falls or Dublin this year without Tim Falls?

Dublin was D2 runner up to top seeded Newark in 2013, and lost a heartbreaker to DLS last year in D1 on that last second put back. It is hard to say they are better this year without Falls, but they still have excellent guard play and Neilsen looks to be much improved from a year ago. Let's see how far they go before making that determination. If they lose tomorrow night to AV again, then the answer is clearly no. If they win NCS and/or make a nice run at NorCal then maybe so.

Last year’s Dublin was the #1 seed heavily favored to win NCS D1. Believe me they are a very, very good team last year and this year. But they don’t have a dominant player like The Salesian’s or BOD’s roster that can run through every team in NCS. Tim Falls didn’t dominate on that level nor does this year’s roster of players dominate on a high level. For example Heritage has a very talented individual that will play on the next level however he can only make his team as good as the talent around him. I am not downing this team they are very good but they are beatable.

Dublin is a fun team to watch, and beating AV will be no picnic. The
Gaels should be sufficiently motivated though. Should be a good game.

I am assuming they are referring to the Sophomore Guard. Probably a nice college player but sure fire NBA players? Hmmmm. Ivan Rabb is on an NBA bench but....

So is Jahlil Okafor . . . yet, Matthew Dellavedova, Frank Mason and Tyus Jones are in the League. Pretty sure no one would have taken those players over Rabb and Okafor in high school . . .

What is fun about HS basketball, especially playoffs, is that it is unpredictable. The games are dependent on teenagers and can swing one way or the other based on random factors such as mood, sleep deprivation, stress of school, too much fortnight etc . . .

Berkeley can beat DLS and possibly Clayton Valley.

MV should not beat Clayton Valley.

CP can beat Heritage, but needs to play best game to win.

AV has to play its best game to beat Dublin. Not sure they can pull that off twice in a week.

Who is the NBA Player on Dublin.....I don't see it.

Right now the guy I feel has NBA Potential but still has aways to go, is Dishon Jackson on SPSV.

Other than that maybe Akinjo is NBA level one day.....but hes kinda small.

Amador verus Dublin will be the game to watch. The Dons need to get off to good start. The Gaels need to turn up the pressure. Both teams have excellent players and play hard. I like the home team Dublin Gaels in this EBAL match up.

So is Jahlil Okafor . . . yet, Matthew Dellavedova, Frank Mason and Tyus Jones are in the League. Pretty sure no one would have taken those players over Rabb and Okafor in high school . . .

Maybe my point about Rabb didn’t come across correctly...Rabb was a great local High school player from start to finish with a State Championship. NBA players are can’t miss when in high school. Rabb made it to the NBA. The point was I am not sure if I see any local high school players that are future NBA players. Rabb is cool....

Robby Beasley is far from a NBA pro. Really good hs player and will be a good college player. Mid major kid. Will be a Jordan Ford type of talent. There is no clear cut pro in Northern Cali right now. Maybe James Akinjo and Jordan Brown being the closest. Naseem Gaskin depending on how he develops. And when i say pro i mean NBA pro. Look at all the great hs players that are now overseas.

Reactions: Straight8
Maybe my point about Rabb didn’t come across correctly...Rabb was a great local High school player from start to finish with a State Championship. NBA players are can’t miss when in high school. Rabb made it to the NBA. The point was I am not sure if I see any local high school players that are future NBA players. Rabb is cool....

Right, like Lilliard, Curry, Westbrook, Wade, Leonard, McCollum etc. etc. etc. were can't miss in HS from start to finish . . . . No one was predicting the future NBA success for those players (and many others) when they were sophomores in HS.

On the flip side, you are not really going out on a limb when you say that Rabb, at 6'10 in HS, would have a shot at the pros . . ..

Akinjo is about the same size as Frank Mason, who seems to be off to a solid NBA start. With 4 years experience in college, Akinjo could develop into a similar talent, and that would be great for the bay.

Yea but look at all the greats that never made it. Or had a short stint. Jared Cunningham, Jabari Brown, Dominic Artis, Will Cherry, Kiwi Gardner, Juan Anderson, even Demarcus Nelson.

Those guys you mentioned above are very rare. Dame and CJ doesn’t have freakish athleticism but you don’t see those type of guys every day. But Westbrook, Leonard, are different type of talent and had tremendous upside than a Robby Beasley. I think there isnt much upside with Beasley. But love his game. Real competitor and big time hs scorer.

Oh I don’t want to High jack another thread here are my D1 picks for Friday;

Monte Vista
Dublin
Heritage
DeLaSalle

Final 4
———-
MV v DLS
Dublin v Heritage

Oh I don’t want to High jack another thread here are my D1 picks for Friday;

Monte Vista
Dublin
Heritage
DeLaSalle

Final 4
———-
MV v DLS
Dublin v Heritage

Wow, a lot of people have felt the EBAL has been way down this year. If MV and DLS pull off the road upsets tomorrow night, the EBAL would be assured of having 3 of the final 4, as the Dublin-AV winner will be an EBAL team for sure. I’ve got more confidence in DLS pulling it off, but Jones is a solid coach and MV will play hard.

Remember that time Bobby Boucher showed up at Clayton valley charter and the monte vista mustangs won the second round of NCS?

Boy do I! Absolute night for the history books. Top 10 all time for me. Nobody thought Jason Bourne would make it through Blackbriar, let alone Treadstone.

Upset City Dot Com/ LL doesn't like round 2

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
Who is the NBA Player on Dublin.....I don't see it.

Right now the guy I feel has NBA Potential but still has aways to go, is Dishon Jackson on SPSV.

Other than that maybe Akinjo is NBA level one day.....but hes kinda small.
How are you connected to the young man? You've plugged him multiple times on here hoping for someone to bite. He is a nice young player but very raw. A place like Hillcrest, Prolific etc would be an ideal landing spot. Somewhere he can focus more heavily on his game as he has a long way to go. Ive been one of the biggest bruin cheerleaders on the board over the years but other than natural maturation, I don't see kids making huge strides in their game there.

Wow, a lot of people have felt the EBAL has been way down this year.
Out of the 14 teams that started the D1 division 6 were from the EBAL. Of the Elite 8 half [4] are from the EBAL. In this tournament we had MV facing DV in the first round now we have Dublin facing AV in the second round. The only reason folks can say it’s a Down year is because DLS and MV aren’t their dominant selves with lots of wins and few losses. But both those schools are great programs that aren’t not matched by many programs in NCS D1. Multiple times D1 Champs, some times back-to-back D1 Champs with State Final appearances.

You guys are crazy if you think the kid on Dublin is an NBA player (in the future). That is a reach at best. Nice player and potential pac 12 type player but lets not get out of hand. Its not like we are watching aaron gordon or jkidd. Jame Akinjo with a lot of development and work on his outside shot along with learning from an NBA PG at UCONN (their coach) has a shot.

I've seen LL play @UncleYacht. Excellent team that is guard oriented. (Prince, Payne, Robinson about as good as it gets in HS NOrcal) They don't have a lot of size. Newman actually played them close. I think they lost by 8. Redwood will keep it close but I don't see them victorious. Redwood needs to exploit there size because they are much bigger. I don't see a blowout at all.

Reactions: UncleYacht
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT