ADVERTISEMENT

Presentation Shootout

SF v ESCP 1:30
SHC v C-LET 3:00
AM v McClatchy 4:30
SI v BOD 6:00
Pres v S. San Fran TBA

There may be more games. Just got this off the WCAL composite schedule posted online. Valley is listed and has it on their own schedule but no time or team listed on either.

Looks like a fun day for everyone to get film on each other.

Streak One posted this awhile ago so not sure if it changed:

Very good field for the Shootout scheduled for December 16

1030 Leland v Wilcox
1200 Presentation v S. San Francisco
130 St. Francis v Eastside College Prep
300 Sacred Heart Cathedral v Carondelet
430 Archbishop Mitty v McClatchy
600 St. Ignatius v Bishop O’Dowd
730 Valley Christian v Woodside Priory

SF still undefeated.....
Should have been West Campus instead of MC...but probably doesn't matter

SF still undefeated.....
Should have been West Campus instead of MC...but probably doesn't matter
McClatchy is a big underdog to beat Mitty today. Mitty should win by 15 points. However, the unforseen is that Mitty may come out flat. They haven't played a game in one week (7 days). McClatchy played 3 games this week, and 3 more games total than Mitty so far. Folsom vs. Mitty would have been very interesting.

Carondelet beat Sacred Heart Cathedral 63-56

Eastside Prep beat St. Francis 47-43

Presentation beat South San Francisco 58-39

Final 80-29 Mitty. I guess McClatchy was too tired playing their 4th game in six days, and Mitty was fresh playing their 1st game in a week. Otherwise, I wouldn't have predicted such a blowout.

Final 80-29 Mitty. I guess McClatchy was too tired playing their 4th game in six days, and Mitty was fresh playing their 1st game in a week. Otherwise, I wouldn't have predicted such a blowout.

You can't fall far behind a good and well coached team and expect them to take their foot off the gas to help you make a game of it. The top level and well coached teams don't do that. Mitty is one of about 3 perhaps 4 teams in Norcal that is just a level or two above the rest. So you have to get off to a good start to not let them build confidence and momentum early. One thing I agree on and that is Mitty, although their good, I don't think their 50 points better than McClatchy. Sometimes you just don't play up to what you're capable of. And you can't afford that type of game against one of the top teams in the nation.

Apparently, Mitty is 51 points better, not 50.

Apparently they were probably 70 points better in that game. But if they played again I doubt they would win by more than 30. Who really knows? But that's why they play the game. Because side line busters can only comment from the side lines. And the games typically determine the outcome better than one can speculate. Clovis West easily beat Centennial ( at the TOC) last season, and then were easily beaten in the rematch. So outcomes can be different in re-matches.

Can anyone answer thus question where is coach K ? Because the answer why McClatchy won State twice since he been there!!!! What went wrong thus time?????

Quitter K Quit on the girls after the West Campus loss supposedly told them in the locker room after the game. Not the same team without him. Watched them yesterday and there is no fight in the team nor the head coach.

4 games in 6 days isnt a valid excuse. Theyre just not a good team without K. But K quit on them. Period.

Last edited:
Can anyone answer thus question where is coach K ? Because the answer why McClatchy won State twice since he been there!!!! What went wrong thus time?????

Actually I was looking on the bench for coach K or Q? And not to knock the present coach because it may take time for the coach and the players to get on the same page. As I have always said players tend to adopt the personality of the coach. Coach K or Q was known to have a team prepared to put up a valiant fight. I didn't see much fight in the team. But I did leave after the first quarter when the score was 27 to 2.

Actually I was looking on the bench for coach K or Q? And not to knock the present coach because it may take time for the coach and the players to get on the same page. As I have always said players tend to adopt the personality of the coach. Coach K or Q was known to have a team prepared to put up a valiant fight. I didn't see much fight in the team. But I did leave after the first quarter when the score was 27 to 2.
They lost by 51! John Wooden, Coach K, Coach Que all could of been on the bench, don't think it would've made a difference!

The question is did he quit on the team or was that one of his crazy Antics to get players more Focus????? I seen him do this with is most talented team he had that produce 10 out of 13 D1 players. The question nobody like coach K way of coaching but he produce many D1 players and knows how to win games State Championships!!!!!!!

Reactions: Paytc
The question is did he quit on the team or was that one of his crazy Antics to get players more Focus????? I seen him do this with is most talented team he had that produce 10 out of 13 D1 players. The question nobody like coach K way of coaching but he produce many D1 players and knows how to win games State Championships!!!!!!!

Of course coaching can make a huge difference. Not just in the present but down the road as well. If you took coach Sue phillips away from Mitty and put one of these marginal coaches in place of her you can bet the effects would be seen within 3 years, if not sooner. You would soon see players who used to line up to play for Sue Phillips at Mitty consider other schools. The team may or more than likely may not play with the same intensity. And the program, unless the replacement coach was good, would take a turn for the worse.

Last edited:
They lost by 51! John Wooden, Coach K, Coach Que all could of been on the bench, don't think it would've made a difference!

I don't agree that coaches don't make a difference because I know they do. And even if you or others on this board thought McClatchy sucked it would show the parents of the kids and the children themselves more respect by posting a comment a bit more encouraging IMO. I know occasionally the players read comments on Norcal Prep, Cal Hi Sports, Sports Star etc.... And to me building children confidence is more important than ripping it apart regardless to what team a child plays for or who their parent is. But I guess some folks fill empty voids at the expense of others. So kids have to develop thick skin to deal with an often times cruel world.

Reactions: TwinJevonne
Paytc

Players when high school will talk about bad and good what they do in the game. If a player can handle this they will have it easy in college. Not saying this wrong or right but in college parents can't fire a coach but can get their kid send home with no Scholarship!!!!! Thick skin is needed once a player starts in high school.

Paytc

Players when high school will talk about bad and good what they do in the game. If a player can handle this they will have it easy in college. Not saying this wrong or right but in college parents can't fire a coach but can get their kid send home with no Scholarship!!!!! Thick skin is needed once a player starts in high school.

No doubt until or unless we "Knock the Devil Out" there will be insensitive critics and/or haters out there. Most should try not to be a part of the problem though IMO. I know some make a living off critiqing others, even children. I question those losers too. But no doubt, children must develop thick skin, and a sort of Trump like..... I could careless what you think about me attitude. But unfortunately some children ( who haven't matured and toughened enough to handle it) commit suicide from the effects of insensitive words and/ or bullying.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT