ADVERTISEMENT

Props Malie Williams on being named Cal Hi Sports Top 2020

So delusional that it just become hilarious lol!!!

Lets set the record straight. Nowhere in the CalHi Sports article in question is Maile stated as the top 2020 in CalHi. Whats further, she is nowhere close to the top 2020 in the state. If the talent level was so high, how come all of the top NorCal teams pass on her (really avoid her)? No knock on Top Flight Elite, solid locally, but its Top Flight Elite.

If you've read and understood the CalHi Sports article, they named her in the Faces in the Crowd section, nothing stated about the top 2020. And keeping it real with you, she may not even be top 20 2020 in Sacramento, regardless of accolades. Lets not mistake accolades with actual talent, big difference. In a lot of instances, some of the most talented players aren't identified until their junior years because of lack of exposure. Good luck on EG. That coach won't be manipulated like the Inderkum coach was. Price won't put up with the shenanigans that surround this player (Pops).

CalHi Sports, though well intentioned, should not have provided a state wide player ranking, as they have not seen all of the teams play this Summer. Absent are players like Charisma Osborne, Cailyn Crocker, Ryann Payne and others. Osborne is easily one of top 5 players in the state, and Crocker is easily in the top 10. They aren't even mentioned.

Funny, people on this board may not know, but locally in Sacramento we all know the Dad, who probably posted this nonsense, hyped her to accolades. The folks who select all area and all state hadn't even seen her play, but since Pops begged the coach to put in a good word, he did and awards streamed in. This is hilarious. Off the top of my head, from what I've watched this Summer, here are some standout 2020s I've observed (in no particular order), all of whom are worlds better than Maile:

Tahina PaoPao
Breanne Ha
Kate Goostrey
Daylee Dunn
Amaya Oliver
McKayla Williams
Cyan Dyke
Gabby Rones
Abi Muse
Bria Shine
Anya Choice
Anaya Mejia
Jordan Goodwin
Ali Edwards
Drew Sharp
Samaya Beatty
Tauale Tupouatei
Jane Nwaba

Malie, (Pops) ignore the bigotry and elementary comments. Congrats Elk Grove should be a state contender! From what I understand she received a d1 offer from Long Island University via twitter., again congrats

Very unfortunate dad's crazy ego continues puts Malie in bad situations. Malie seems to be a nice kid, but she's not in the top 20 2020 players in Sacramento. EG has their handful with this dad.

Lets set the record straight. Nowhere in the CalHi Sports article in question is Maile stated as the top 2020 in CalHi. Whats further, she is nowhere close to the top 2020 in the state. If the talent level was so high, how come all of the top NorCal teams pass on her (really avoid her)? No knock on Top Flight Elite, solid locally, but its Top Flight Elite.

If you've read and understood the CalHi Sports article, they named her in the Faces in the Crowd section, nothing stated about the top 2020. And keeping it real with you, she may not even be top 20 2020 in Sacramento, regardless of accolades. Lets not mistake accolades with actual talent, big difference. In a lot of instances, some of the most talented players aren't identified until their junior years because of lack of exposure. Good luck on EG. That coach won't be manipulated like the Inderkum coach was. Price won't put up with the shenanigans that surround this player (Pops).

CalHi Sports, though well intentioned, should not have provided a state wide player ranking, as they have not seen all of the teams play this Summer. Absent are players like Charisma Osborne, Cailyn Crocker, Ryann Payne and others. Osborne is easily one of top 5 players in the state, and Crocker is easily in the top 10. They aren't even mentioned.

Funny, people on this board may not know, but locally in Sacramento we all know the Dad, who probably posted this nonsense, hyped her to accolades. The folks who select all area and all state hadn't even seen her play, but since Pops begged the coach to put in a good word, he did and awards streamed in. This is hilarious. Off the top of my head, from what I've watched this Summer, here are some standout 2020s I've observed (in no particular order), all of whom are worlds better than Maile:

Tahina PaoPao
Breanne Ha
Kate Goostrey
Daylee Dunn
Amaya Oliver
McKayla Williams
Cyan Dyke
Gabby Rones
Abi Muse
Bria Shine
Anya Choice
Anaya Mejia
Jordan Goodwin
Ali Edwards
Drew Sharp
Samaya Beatty
Tauale Tupouatei
Jane Nwaba

IMO Pao Pao and Oliver at the top. Both potential top 10 national players in their class. And Dunn close.

Last edited:

Tahina PaoPao
Breanne Ha
Kate Goostrey
Daylee Dunn
Amaya Oliver
McKayla Williams
Cyan Dyke
Gabby Rones
Abi Muse
Bria Shine
Anya Choice
Anaya Mejia
Jordan Goodwin
Ali Edwards
Drew Sharp
Samaya Beatty
Tauale Tupouatei
Jane Nwaba
Coach I see you are still jealous the lilmamba beat you multiple times in her youth. Put your loses aside and respect greatness when you are confronted with it. Stop trying to tear Malie down because she is more skilled than your girls.

Reactions: allprepmedia99
Just for the record there were only 8 girls in the 2020 class on the list, so saying she was rated top 8 in the girls of summer ratings for 2020 is correct. And yes I understand they don;t see everyone.

Reactions: allprepmedia99
Just for the record there were only 8 girls in the 2020 class on the list, so saying she was rated top 8 in the girls of summer ratings for 2020 is correct. And yes I understand they don;t see everyone.
The problem is you daddy dearest are a clown and you are dragging your daughter through the mud. You daddy dearest think you're helping but you're ruining it for her. No one will touch your daughter because of you, actually your daughter seems like a very sweet girl. The fact that she plays for no major team in Northern California says it all. You'll be leaving Elk grove after this season because Larry's not gonna put up with you daddy dearest Bull.

If you've read and understood the CalHi Sports article, they named her in the Faces in the Crowd section, nothing stated about the top 2020. And keeping it real with you, she may not even be top 20 2020 in Sacramento, regardless of accolades. Lets not mistake accolades with actual talent, big difference. In a lot of instances, some of the most talented players aren't identified until their junior years because of lack of exposure. Good luck on

Sure I'll "keep it real" IMO Malie is top 5 in the state, corrected multiple d1 offers. Appalled by you imposters barbaric moronic comments, you loser potato bag coaches/parents can't let go from her killing your teams perhaps? Seems personal expanded hatred; give credit where credit is due still attempting belittling a kid,bashing her father in sac every time her name come up. Now hiding on a blog! Excellent fashion gents. Btw Azanna last I heard you sucker punching parents at basketball games in front of kids/parents your a stand up citizen where is your kid going to college?

If you've read and understood the CalHi Sports article, they named her in the Faces in the Crowd section, nothing stated about the top 2020. And keeping it real with you, she may not even be top 20 2020 in Sacramento, regardless of accolades. Lets not mistake accolades with actual talent, big difference. In a lot of instances, some of the most talented players aren't identified until their junior years because of lack of exposure. Good luck on

Sure I'll "keep it real" IMO Malie is top 5 in the state, corrected multiple d1 offers. Appalled by you imposters barbaric moronic comments, you loser potato bag coaches/parents can't let go from her killing your teams perhaps? Seems personal expanded hatred; give credit where credit is due still attempting belittling a kid,bashing her father in sac every time her name come up. Now hiding on a blog! Excellent fashion gents. Btw Azanna last I heard you sucker punching parents at basketball games in front of kids/parents your a stand up citizen where is your kid going to college?
That's not nice and let me say this I'm not attacking Milie she is skilled and has a great demeanor on the court she could be an asset to MANY teams, she is not the problem.

Last edited:
We're actually working on the Elite brackets now, and we think we'll have four eight-team groups. It's complicated, though, especially as two other teams in Elk Grove's league want to go Elite.

The problem is you daddy dearest are a clown and you are dragging your daughter through the mud. You daddy dearest think you're helping but you're ruining it for her. No one will touch your daughter because of you, actually your daughter seems like a very sweet girl. The fact that she plays for no major team in Northern California says it all. You'll be leaving Elk grove after this season because Larry's not gonna put up with you daddy dearest Bull.
I'm not her father and actually have never seen her play.

We're actually working on the Elite brackets now, and we think we'll have four eight-team groups. It's complicated, though, especially as two other teams in Elk Grove's league want to go Elite.
Clay,
What teams in EG besides EG deserve to go Elite?

It's actually not a question of "deserve" -- we allow teams to choose what level they want to play at. Now we may try to talk teams out of playing Elite, and have done so, and we encourage other teams to move up, but in the end, the WCJ is about the schools and the coaches, not the people running it or those who would like to see certain games.

Our Elite teams, at this point, look like:

Mitty
Carondelet
Folsom (we need to convince them to move up)
Salesian
Sacramento
O'Dowd
McClatchy
Cardinal Newman
Miramonte
Campolindo
Pleasant Valley
West Campus
Heritage
Oakland Tech
St. Francis (Sac)
Monterey Trail
Vanden
Dimond (Alaska)
Arcata (maybe)
Narbonne
Elk Grove
Edison (Stockton)
Prairie (Washington)
Whitney
Independence
Sacred Heart Cathedral
Kinkaid (Texas)
San Joaquin Memorial
St. Mary's (Berkeley)
South San Francisco
Dublin

We are no longer using Las Positas, so the Elite sites will most likely be Heritage, Dublin, College Park and Clayton Valley, though there are some possible changes.

And we are at 156 right now, I think, so there are four spots left.

No Rosary!!!!
Too bad....
No Mater Dei....

Now I have a question. ...something tells me I know the answer. ...any coaches...only participate of some other team would not be participating. ....or only if they are placed in a different bracket from a team they don't want to play

Of course ... if a coach doesn't want to be in a bracket with another team, we won't put them there. We may try to convince them, but the bottom line is that this is a tournament for teams and coaches, not for fans or rankings.

I don't think coaches care who's in the other brackets (at least I've never heard that).

Most of the time, by the way, the only thing coaches don't want is to face a team from their own league. Sometimes they don't want to face a team they might play in postseason, which is understandable too.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT