ADVERTISEMENT

Reggie Harris Hired as H.C. at Inderkum

MTsince2004

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Dec 14, 2010
According to the Sac Bee, Reggie Harris has been hired as the new head coach at Inderkum High School.

The article (paywall) is a positive review of his career and a forward-looking discussion of his potential for success. It also delves into the "background check" that cost him his job at Antelope H.S. The article explains that it was an outdated accusation of a dubious nature that was dug up by disgruntled parents at AHS. It is a pretty long article, but here are excerpts that should fall within the copyrighted material allowances for message boards:

"And now in Natomas. Inderkum High School on Wednesday hired Harris to teach physical education and to head the varsity football program, to continue the legacy that started with 220-game winner Terry Stark nearly 20 years ago. We applaud the hire."
"Harris has the blessing of Natomas Unified School District Superintendent Chris Evans, who is as good as it gets in this state when it comes to building up programs. Evans looked into Harris and spoke at length with him. He came away impressed."
"Part of the theme of education should be giving people a chance. Inderkum vice principal/athletic director Matt Hinton said he was ecstatic to land Harris."
"Harris in April was dismissed as the Titans coach when, according to Harris, a disgruntled family in the program dug into his background in an attempt to discredit him. The search found that Harris, as a 23-year-old in 1994, was initially tied to a marijuana sting with a host of others in his native Virginia Beach, Va."
"The charges never stuck. Harris was not convicted. The community rallied around the young man. The judge in the case, according to Harris, apologized to Harris that the case dragged on for more than two years and that he was even in this courtroom setting. Harris in that courtroom was hailed for his otherwise good standing by scores of teachers and community members."

Reactions: ThunderRam
Funny thing my good friend moved from the Bay Area to Antelope HS for a teaching job and she had something similar happened to her at that HS by disgruntled parent….they tried to force her out as well…….what a bunch of miserable pieces of crap that parent is, I’m pulling hard for Coach Harris! Go Indy !

So what person used the CLETS system or other law enforcement system to run his name?
Also sadly, you can be arrested, drag through the court process, have charges dismissed for many reasons and still have to answer to them for certain professions. What a justice system we have here.

Reactions: MC415
Happy for Reggie to get another shot at being a head coach and it seems like a really good hire for Inderkum

Reactions: ThunderRam
That’s exactly what I said. Makes too much sense given his coaching history and ties to DPH.

not sure how the relations are between Del Paso Heights and Natomas are but in Sac they take their neighborhoods serious. If DPH and Natomas don’t get along those kids won’t be leaving Grant.

Pacer80 is not referring to the distance between DPH and North Natomas. My guess is Pacer80 might be referring to the fact that the new Grant coach might have stronger ties to the DPH community and the Grant program & prestige than any other coach.

Also, DPH and North Natomas don't have issues. North Natomas ain't about that life.

Pacer80 is not referring to the distance between DPH and North Natomas. My guess is Pacer80 might be referring to the fact that the new Grant coach might have stronger ties to the DPH community and the Grant program & prestige than any other coach.

Also, DPH and North Natomas don't have issues. North Natomas ain't about that life.
lolllll... =mozzy got Natomas flamed up...u aint kno?

Reactions: mistark
lolllll... =mozzy got Natomas flamed up...u aint kno?

Not going to sit here and act like I know much about Sac street politics.

But I do know that Oak Park and Del Paso Heights have issues. But I also know that Mozzy (Oak Park Bloods) is the nephew of former Death Row Records rapper GP The Beast (Del Paso Heights Bloods).

All I’m saying is that Sac does not seem like the type of city where guys will to a school heavily attended by the rival hood. It doesn’t matter is Inderkum is in a good neighborhood. Coaches in Oakland will tell you that Berkeley High gets enough spill over from Oakland as does El Cerrito from Richmond.

not sure how the relations are between Del Paso Heights and Natomas are but in Sac they take their neighborhoods serious. If DPH and Natomas don’t get along those kids won’t be leaving Grant.

It’s in no way odd to see a GHS kid cross over to Indy. Antonio Bumpers was a notable name that did.

Reggie Harris built relationships with a lot of families during his time at Grant. There will be DPH kids anxious to play for him.

Plus with GHS not bring close to the program it was prior to a decade ago — it makes the possibility even more likely.

Last edited:
It’s in no way odd to see a GHS kid cross over to Indy. Antonio Bumpers was a notable name that did.

Reggie Harris built relationships with a lot of families during his time at Grant. There will be DPH kids anxious to play for him.

Plus with GHS not bring close to the program it was prior to a decade ago — it makes the possibility even more likely.
not really a good example...if I remember correctly that kid played in 4 different youth leagues and 3 different HS??????

not really a good example...if I remember correctly that kid played in 4 different youth leagues and 3 different HS??????

First example that came to mind. Does it really matter though? It doesn’t change the point.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT