ADVERTISEMENT

Riordan Soph Je'Lani Clark gets 1st offer from USF

Yes. The Crusaders will be young...Sr guard, James Chun, returns with some players up from JVs that should contribute. Lack of height will again be their challenge. Probable finish in the bottom tier of the WCAL based on strong returning teams in SI, SF, Serra, Bellarmine and Mitty. But should go deep in CCS D3 and possibly qualify for a NorCal run in D3. Will be interesting how this program fares under new HC (Forslund disciple), Joey Curtin. Disappointed to see Coach Buck shown the door.

Wish the best for Riordan, but will tough for local kid Curtin. I hope they give him a chance for a couple years (different animal at varsity). Look forward to seeing new floor and return to best concession stand in NorCal.

Riordan will definitely be undersized AGAIN but I think they'll be much improved over last year's team. Jelani is much improved and their transfer from last year is now eligible (athletic 6'2" wing - good defender). They have two players coming up from JV who I think will make a positive contribution on varsity as well. I also expect a bounce back season from James Chun as I don't believe he was ever fully healthy last year and Chimae looked pretty good on AAU circuit this summer.

Riordan also has a pretty strong freshman and sophomore class so I think they'll be decent through 2021. I like what I've seen and heard about Joey Curtin as the new head coach. I believe he's building a good rapport with the younger kids and establishing a good culture for the program.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT