ADVERTISEMENT

Sac-Joaquin is threatening to sanction 7 small private schools, & rural (Hughson) & an urban (Grant)

I don't think it is the horrible injustice that Richard sees it as, but I don't think the section needs to come down hard on these nine programs.

I think we can all say the rollout of the football season wasn't ideal, but move on to the start of the Fall 2021 season.

What would these schools be sanctioned for doing or not doing? What have I missed??

EDIT: Nevermind, I found it.

I do think this would be an injustice. These schools took matters in their owns hands on behalf of their student athletes -- because the SJS screwed around too long and pretty much cost the 2021 Senior class their Senior season experience.

How is club football any different than club soccer, club volleyball, club baseball, particularly when SJS football was shutdown and "out of season"? Reads like SJS scrambling to retain power and control.

Same petty story, same news, same allegations. We have heard it all before. 2 month’s until August. Relax.

Reactions: concrete17
Never thought I’d see kids/programs penalized for playing a game. Terrible mindset.
Did you ever think we would see a day when government would mandate apparel? Who can work and who can’t? What businesses can open and which ones can’t? I mean the list goes on and on here. This should surprise nobody every group and entity is power hungry because the people are proving to be lemmings.

Did you ever think we would see a day when government would mandate ..........This should surprise nobody every group and entity is power hungry because the people are proving to be lemmings.
Not if one studies/remembers our history. This country/government has a long history of government intrusion into our daily lives and personal liberties guaranteed in the Constitution Starting with the Sedition Act of 1798, Lincoln's blockade of Southern ports soon after assuming his presidential office suspension of the writ of habeas corpus In 1861, Wilson's limitations on the 1st amendment following entry into WW 1 , the internment and restrictions of people of German descent, Hoover's clampdown on free speech and right to assembly in the 1920's , the roundup and internment of Japanese Americans in the 1940's, including confistications of their homes and businesses without due process.....
All examples of prior government intrusions into citizens' lives "in times of crisis" while their neighbors and friends "proved to be lemmings ".
This generation is not unique in its experiences but we must continue to right the wrongs and work to not get into this position in the first place as has occurred in the past 12 months.

Last edited:
The singling out of club football is perverse by the section. There are teams at every club level that you would have to consider sanctioning, AAU Basketball, travel baseball, travel soccer, volleyball, etc. Those teams were traveling out of state to compete in tournaments, as well as practice. The presence of club teams was added pressure to getting a season of high school sports that Sections were not advocating for until the student, parent, coach groundswell was too much for them to ignore. I agree with Streak, it does speak to the legitimacy of the section structure after their failure to advocate for their student athletes, failure to compile data to support the case for athletics to be played as it was around the country. It was left to the coaches, the student athletes and the parents to effect change. As a sports organization it failed at all levels.

This thread has devolved into another political statement.
Unfortunately the sections themselves are very political by nature and the way they handle themselves. So it makes sense.

Ive been saying for years blow up the sections and start fresh. A track record of doing more harm for student athletes with their decision making speaks for itself.

Not if one studies/remembers our history. This country/government has a long history of government intrusion into our daily lives and personal liberties guaranteed in the Constitution Starting with the Sedition Act of 1798, Lincoln's blockade of Southern ports soon after assuming his presidential office suspension of the writ of habeas corpus In 1861, Wilson's limitations on the 1st amendment following entry into WW 1 , the internment and restrictions of people of German descent, Hoover's clampdown on free speech and right to assembly in the 1920's , the roundup and internment of Japanese Americans in the 1940's, including confistications of their homes and businesses without due process.....
All examples of prior government intrusions into citizens' lives "in times of crisis" while their neighbors and friends "proved to be lemmings ".
This generation is not unique in its experiences but we must continue to right the wrongs and work to not get into this position in the first place as has occurred in the past 12 months.
That study of history should highlight we are quickly heading in a direction we have already been. You need to go back what almost 100 years to highlight this type of intrusion I won’t get into each case sighted or reasons or party behind it. I will however point out we are trending backwards not forward, with the intensional division, group think, segregation, etc.......

This thread has devolved into another political statement.

This is a false, naive statement.

The thread didn’t “devolve”. The topic is political by it’s very nature.

Furthermore, you clicked and joined the thread. If you didn’t expect to read politics or opinion on politics relevant to the topic then that says more about you than anything else.

Lastly, you could have easily rolled your eyes and moved on from the thread. But instead you essentially made your own “political statement” via the flippant and passive aggressive trolling response you just had to contribute.

Only then did the thread begin to ”devolve”.

Unfortunately the sections themselves are very political by nature and the way they handle themselves. So it makes sense.

Ive been saying for years blow up the sections and start fresh. A track record of doing more harm for student athletes with their decision making speaks for itself.

Someone with common sense.

I totally get what concrete17 is saying and it should not be dismissed.

Last edited:
This is a false, naive statement.

The thread didn’t “devolve”. The topic is political by it’s very nature.

Furthermore, you clicked and joined the thread. If you didn’t expect to read politics or opinion on politics relevant to the topic then that says more about you than anything else.

Lastly, you could have easily rolled your eyes and moved on from the thread. But instead you essentially made your own “political statement” via the flippant and passive aggressive trolling response you just had to contribute.

Only then did the thread begin to ”devolve”.
And your babbling just added more to the point.

Here's wishing you great football

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT