ADVERTISEMENT

Sacred Heart Basketball 2017-2018

I didn't see his basketball skills so much last year, I think he got injured toward the middle. But this kid is electric on the football field. Great potential, it will be fun watching him. Very nice player and level headed.

He us a nice floor General. Needs to pass it more. But makes plays.

Does anyone know if Bryce grew to like 6'9 or something because if he didn't, SI will beat us by 20+.

Haha, SI has some big boys this year...There JV call ups all range from 6'5-6'7 easy. It is a fair statement to say SI will beat SH in basketball this year, but isn't that what people said about SI vs Mission? Regarding SHC, I think they got one transfer who will be a junior to compliment Jack Sinkovitz who will be the tallest player this year, but needs more muscle. Can anyone confirm on any potential big prospects coming in? Last years' Freshman A class had some size but did not appear to lead in offense.

No doubt, down year for Irish. Their AAU mentality has run its course. Paint will continue to be their downfall. The 3-year plan for S.I comes to fruition this year. With that comes a lot of expectations. Their loss to Mission (v. disciplined speed) humbled the Cats last year and adjustments were made.

No doubt, down year for Irish. Their AAU mentality has run its course. Paint will continue to be their downfall. The 3-year plan for S.I comes to fruition this year. With that comes a lot of expectations. Their loss to Mission (v. disciplined speed) humbled the Cats last year and adjustments were made.

Last years loss to Mission doomed SI to add a state title. No doubt this year they will be in Open Division and go through that gauntlet. SH girls were fortunate to win their state title during I'Imari Thomas' junior year and was predictably placed in Open her senior year where SH was no match for the heavy hitters of Open Division.

If that is so, that is unfortunate for Cats. Look, a very good team, but what was exposed was ability to out-play a quicker defense, which no doubt will be prevalent in Open. In last year's Mission game, heavy pressure exposed Cats two shooting guards, leaving SI point to take over first half. Once Mission made the adjustment to put their best player on point in second half (no points), the two shooting guards were tired out and not able to play at their ability. Cats tried to incorporate younger (faster) players throughout game to keep shooting guards fresh. Just didnt work. Now those younger players have experience so maybe their is a chance.

If that is so, that is unfortunate for Cats. Look, a very good team, but what was exposed was ability to out-play a quicker defense, which no doubt will be prevalent in Open. In last year's Mission game, heavy pressure exposed Cats two shooting guards, leaving SI point to take over first half. Once Mission made the adjustment to put their best player on point in second half (no points), the two shooting guards were tired out and not able to play at their ability. Cats tried to incorporate younger (faster) players throughout game to keep shooting guards fresh. Just didnt work. Now those younger players have experience so maybe their is a chance.

Honestly think the key for this team is Jaedon Roberts. Sheer size and strength reminds me of Kevin Greene however Greene was more skilled on the basketball court than what Roberts has shown. Its obvious Roberts will be a D1 football player somewhere and hope he still gets to play hoops and not be one of those players under the advice of an outsider to just focus on playing one sport.

Jaedon Roberts would be the wildcard for the 'Cats. Just don't see basketball athleticsm (footwork, first step, hops) compared to other past football players like Kevin Greene and Rob Jones. Working on these skills would really also help him in his football career.

Jaedon Roberts would be the wildcard for the 'Cats. Just don't see basketball athleticsm (footwork, first step, hops) compared to other past football players like Kevin Greene and Rob Jones. Working on these skills would really also help him in his football career.

Jason Hardee from Serra was another similar player.

Reactions: CityVibesII
Roberts is a football player playing basketball. Not in the same class as Greene or Jones. He needs some work. Garrett Cason a soph last year on varsity who played well in the Mission game has probably passed Roberts. If you saw the games from Taiwan he has improved a bunch.

Reactions: nostancenochance
SI should be one of the favorites to capture upcoming WCAL title. St. Francis, Serra and, perhaps, Mitty, will be up there in the mix as well. At least that's the very early line.
Mitty will be loaded and a top 20 team in the country by next season.

Other than Logan Johnson coming back - I didn't think that St Francis returned a lot. Their JV and freshman teams last year were pretty bad so I don't see much relief from their 2019 / 2020 classes.

My preseason three tiers rankings:
1) Bellarmine / Mitty / SI top tier - possibly the winner of the group is the team that finishes third in CCS in that they won't get called up to Open.....
2) Mid-tier Serra / Valley Christian / St Francis (Logan Johnson)
3) Riordan / SHC who will both be improved but will still struggling in league play due to the top to bottom s trength of the league.

The WCAL appears to more balanced top-to-bottom this year than I can remember from recent years past. Lastly, I expect the WCAL to make a lot of noise in NorCal playoffs next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT