ADVERTISEMENT

Sam Whitney

Bubba3000

Hall of Famer
Dec 12, 2012
I’m watching Sam Whitney play tonight for Boise State and he’s looking really good.

Sam is a kid (much like Jake Browning) that wasn't anything special as a kid but worked his a$$ of to be the best he could possibly be. In Sam's case, the loss of his mother brought him and his father closer. Unlike a lot of kids, Sam never lacked for motivation as he puts a premium on time and opportunity. He's busted his backside to earn the respect and admiration of those around him and those watching from above. If he never accomplished anything more on the field, he has earned my respect and admiration in the effort to be the best player, son, teammate and person he can be!
Job well done Sam!

http://www.idahostatesman.com/sport...ersity/bronco-beat-blog/article166192767.html

Last edited:
I was wrong on Sam. Had some smaller offers before the playoffs and then I thought Boise State reached on him. Goes to show why that program continues to win. One of the best staffs at evaluating guys and Sam has put in the work. Good for him

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
I was wrong on Sam. Had some smaller offers before the playoffs and then I thought Boise State reached on him. Goes to show why that program continues to win. One of the best staffs at evaluating guys and Sam has put in the work. Good for him

Back in 2015 Cal Poly had a verbal commit from a Los Alamitos linebacker named Matt Locher. I’m the eleventh hour Boise State offered him and he flipped. He red shirted and then played very little the following year. Now as a red shirt sophomore he’s starting to get more play time as a defensive tackle. I was watching him last night and he played quite well. He would probably be a bigtime stud in the Big Sky.

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
He was such a hard worker from day 1. You could tell that with some work, he could make it happen. He wanted it more than most. Congrats to the young man!

Reactions: awood1
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT