ADVERTISEMENT

Saturday Recap

Streak One

Hall of Famer
Staff
Nov 11, 2003
De La Salle beat California 48-10: The Spartans led 21-0 after the first quarter when Dorian Hale had a rushing score and a passing touchdown. They have given up 23 points in the past three games and will play Clayton Valley Charter on April 17. California ends the year at Acalanes.

Clayton Valley Charter beat San Ramon Valley 17-14: The Ugly Eagles got a pair of touchdowns from Andrew Woolard Jr. to finish 3-0 in EBAL play. San Ramon Valley quartebrack Jack Quigley had two touchdown runs for the Wolves, which close the season next week against Monte Vista. Each team has had only one that that was decided by more than one possession.

Sacred Heart Prep beat Half Moon Bay 29-26: Teddy Purcell had the game winning touchown run with 13 seconds left. Also, a nice story on the name for the ensuing two point conversion.

Escalon beat Ripon 10-7: Brayan Barrientos had the eventual game winning field goal midway throug the third quarter in a low scoring contest. Escalon last played on March 20 against Oakdale. Ripon fell to 0-3 and have been off since March 26.

Was able to catch my first game of the year on a beautiful Saturday afternoon at Deer Valley. Really impressed with the Pittsburg team. Really perplexed at the Deer Valley program. Limitations aside, Deer Valley looks incredibly poorly coached. Their athletic department must not focus on productivity on the field/courts. I don’t have the answers, but it is really unfortunate for that community. I hope that program gets turned around because they have talent. The students and families deserve a better experience.

DLS is DLS. Anyone know how good CV is this year? Will it be a good game vs DLS?

Was able to catch my first game of the year on a beautiful Saturday afternoon at Deer Valley. Really impressed with the Pittsburg team. Really perplexed at the Deer Valley program. Limitations aside, Deer Valley looks incredibly poorly coached. Their athletic department must not focus on productivity on the field/courts. I don’t have the answers, but it is really unfortunate for that community. I hope that program gets turned around because they have talent. The students and families deserve a better experience.

Deer Valley struggled with a revovling door of coaches recently before Hubbard? That area is tough to stagnat in with programs ready to step into the void

DLS is DLS. Anyone know how good CV is this year? Will it be a good game vs DLS?

I have not seen them in person, but I'm pretty sure this is a down year for CVC. They squeeked by Cal High and SRV and even though those aren't bad teams, they are nowhere near DLS. Heck, even DLS is in a down year IMO. I don't see DLS/CVC being a close game.

CVC are better this year than last, but not good enough to put a real scare into De La Salle. Games in the past have been pretty physical

CVC are better this year than last, but not good enough to put a real scare into De La Salle. Games in the past have been pretty physical

Trenches is the reason I chose CVC over SRV who possibly has better skill players. The stats from that game were pretty one sided and not indicative of a three point deficit. SRV's cause was not helped by losing their starting left tackle to injury. There were no turnovers in the game.

CVC SRV

4-9 Third down conversions 1-8

306 Total yards 174

125 Passing yards 108

181 Rushing yards 66

Last edited:
Reactions: concrete17
I'm not sure any team is better than last yr. I've seen some really good programs look like they have been impacted by Covid and the practice restrictions.

I'm not sure any team is better than last yr. I've seen some really good programs look like they have been impacted by Covid and the practice restrictions.

Good point. Football in general has been down this year and understandably so

Reactions: mistark
Good point. Football in general has been down this year and understandably so

agree. Given all the hurdles and headwinds it’s just nice to see the kids get some games in. But you look at a normal year there is so much consistency.. film, practice, weights, study hall... repeat. Teams become a well oiled machine. You didn’t have that. Throw in some kids moved on to other sports, opted not to play, or went to college. Baseball might be the only sport by season end that gets back.

let’s just pray we are all in the stands next fall chattering up the board again.

Reactions: cityfan and mistark
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT