ADVERTISEMENT

Scrimmage @ St. Mary's - Stockton

Looking forward to seeing what the new QB for St. Mary's brings to the field away from 7-on-7 tournaments. Whether it's May or Aponte, he is going to have some weapons to throw to. A couple of speedsters are coming up from JV, including the SJS 100m champion and fastest in his class in the state last year, along with Dewey Cotton's younger brother Yay Yay. It's just a scrimmage. But, it will definitely help the new QB get ready for Serra the following week. Also, eager to see what GB brings with all the hype that they will be better this year vs last year. Going to be fun!

I missed the first 30 minutes. Did not see Frampton run the ball. But, did see Noah May at QB and St. Mary's will be just fine at QB this year. St. Mary's run defense looked good. But, the touted Rams secondary still looks to be their Achilles Heel, getting beat deep. Grizzlies were able to score a couple times, with the Rams DB trying to go for the ball instead of focusing on the WR/TE, as he watched the ball sail over his head and into the Grizzly WR/TE hands. Maybe I missed first team play by both teams, being 30 min late, or it was a mix. Again, no Dusty Frampton at RB. I know for certain both teams had their bench players playing in the last 30 minutes, just as the JV squads were wrapping it up.

Anyone else get to watch these two teams scrimmage, especially the first 30 minutes?

Reactions: northbayfb
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT