ADVERTISEMENT

See You In Gridley

Marcskit

Sports Fanatic
Gold Member
Jan 28, 2002
Tourney is just around the corner. If you have never been to the GIBT you are in for a treat.
Come by and say hello if you like. I sit to the left as your are facing the scorer's table.

Here's wishing you great hoops.

Reactions: jordan24
It's a great show... I've had it on my calendar for months! Will be there all 3 days.

Here’s one of those “little things” that sets this tourney apart... They put up roster boards next to the scoreboard, changing them for each game... Really nice touch.

Both teams in game 1 have been very good, but sometimes tentative. CC leads Folsom 39-32 at half. Hard to believe CC is 0-2 this season, but then look who they’ve played... O’Dowd and RAncho Christian.

Final 72-70 CC... Chappell made four straight free throws and the dagger steal and layup to close it.

Reactions: mhope32
24-23 Sheldon after a rather untidy first half... lottttts of mistakes on both sides, also lots of fouls and a same-side collision by a couple Sheldon guys. One of ‘em returned to action after a few minutes, but I have an idea the other guy could be out for awhile. Hopefully, I’m wrong on that...

I was wrong after all... the other hurt guy is back.

Btw... Cagle of Woodcreek is playing. Guess he’s not ineligible after all.

Thanks for the updates. Sounds like the CC/Folsom game was amazing. Should have been for the champ not the opener. I'm going to try and sneak over to Jesuit tomorrow.

YW, LL... Yeah, it was.

Meanwhile, Gridley is a solid lower-division team, but badly overmatched by Salesian.

The good news for Gridley is one of their top players is a freshman, and can definitely play.

Btw, Gridley,s freshman is Grant Tull... Keep an eye on him... Probably Gridley’s top talent since Alex Austin.

Good last game, not great... Dublin got an early lead of 6-8, and has pretty much held Mitty off since.

Can’t put a finger on why, but I think Mitty will eventually be really good, but right now they haven’t found that sweet spot.

Capital with a nice win over Folsom as I said before Folsom is a good team but I thought number
1 ranking was a bit to much Zach Chappell is a flat out baller. Salesian looks good
and appears to have a little more depth then last year and akinjo is just on another
Level he can get to any spot on the floor he wants to at will and his jumper has improved
Dramatically he is ready for the next level right now. I was impressed with Dublin
Jackson and Beasley are two tough guards to deal with but the big kid inside
Nielsen is a load he outplayed Grisby from mitty. Dublin seamed
well pre paired and executed what they wanted to do every time mitty made
a run at them. should be two great semi final games tonight.

Why hasn't Chappell signed yet? Kiddmann who is your favorite? I got to go with the "PRIDE"

ADVERTISEMENT