ADVERTISEMENT

Serra non-league sked

Apparently, Walsh has made a commitment to HMB that stretches back a year or two. But your point is well-taken.

Pittsburg, Folsom, DeLa would be ideal.
Yeah, I thought about Folsom too, but one "lesser" opponent ( and Inderkum has lots of talent, athletes, and speed", lesser is probably not the term to use, just a smaller school). But considering the tough WCAL schedule, Pitt and DLS plus Folsom would be a real handful

Pitt finished the spring season No. 11 in the Cal-Hi Sports poll. Great program for any schedule. I actually really like the HMB game. The atmosphere was fantastic at the Serra-HMB playoff game a couple years ago. I think that’s the first time those schools had ever played each other, iirc.

Pitt finished the spring season No. 11 in the Cal-Hi Sports poll. Great program for any schedule. I actually really like the HMB game. The atmosphere was fantastic at the Serra-HMB playoff game a couple years ago. I think that’s the first time those schools had ever played each other, iirc.

No one has a problem about Pitt or Indy….but as great as the atmosphere is that game isn’t really doing it for a team of Serra caliber, that’s not a push urself hard we got a stacked squad game sorry…..it’s going to the 4-5 score game and why?

Reactions: remc
No one has a problem about Pitt or Indy….but as great as the atmosphere is that game isn’t really doing it for a team of Serra caliber, that’s not a push urself hard we got a stacked squad game sorry…..it’s going to the 4-5 score game and why?
My guess would be because they made a commitment.

Reactions: MC415
It would be great to see a round robin of all those teams facing each other with folsom playing pitt (done) dls and serra and serra playing folsom dls and pitt...and so forth.....it sounds like folsom has pitt, MT (which this was good but not sure what team is next year) and at least one more to schedule....hoping it will be DLS (since this year was missed) or maybe a really strong southern ca team or even greater, strong out of state team...i would love to see them play a great team from Oklahoma (lived there for a year while still tied to folsom) or Texas team

Casey Taylor doing Casey Taylor things by scheduling Serra already.

Nobody can ever legitimately accuse that dude of failing to challenge his teams.

Nobody can ever legitimately accuse that dude of failing to challenge his teams.
Menlo Atherton backed out of their commitment week 2. Pitt. MA and HMB had been on the schedule for 2020 and now Serra had to find a game week 2 . Many teams opted not to play them or already had their schedule filled. Inderkum was open and agreed to play. High School coaches make out their schedule, most of the times a home and an away game, at least a season in advance. Serra, Pitt and HMB basically are playing what was supposed to be played in 2020. De La Salle and Folsom already have their season set for 2021.

Not as exciting as Mack or Pitt schedule………HMB? Why?

I’m going to say this...please stop disrespecting Half Moon Bay. You wanna say Serra’s schedule is not as exciting as Mack’s or Pittsburg’s because of Half Moon Bay but fail to realize that Half Moon Bay had schedule both Serra and Pittsburg before the pandemic.

Keith Holden doesn’t get the athletes McClymonds, Serra and Pittsburg do..........and that is all the more reason as to why he and their program deserve the upmost respect. They are the only school who has consistently given Menlo-Atherton a game through their recent string of success. They execute that damn triple option to perfection and for all the negative press HMB has received in the past, Coach Holden has done an outstanding job of cleaning up the BS and getting the most of the little he is given to work with.

I’m going to say this...please stop disrespecting Half Moon Bay. You wanna say Serra’s schedule is not as exciting as Mack’s or Pittsburg’s because of Half Moon Bay but fail to realize that Half Moon Bay had schedule both Serra and Pittsburg before the pandemic.

Keith Holden doesn’t get the athletes McClymonds, Serra and Pittsburg do..........and that is all the more reason as to why he and their program deserve the upmost respect. They are the only school who has consistently given Menlo-Atherton a game through their recent string of success. They execute that damn triple option to perfection and for all the negative press HMB has received in the past, Coach Holden has done an outstanding job of cleaning up the BS and getting the most of the little he is given to work with.

Where was I disrespecting HMB? HMB is a solid tough public but they aren’t Serra 2021 level and the final score will show it……..Serra has a loaded squad and think it’s a good year to schedule a bunch of heavy hitters…..that’s not “disrespecting” HMB that’s called reality, stop exaggerating baby

Always respect that guy for scheduling hard opponents. We had some great road trips under him while he was at DO and while we got whooped a lot, it was great for the team (kids and coaches) and the program (school and supporters included).

Serra's MaxPreps football sked for 2021 lists one game, at Palo Alto on Sept. 3. Weird, because I have not heard anything about competition against Paly in 2021 season. Must be a mistake.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT