ADVERTISEMENT

SFL This Week 9-27

larry legend33

Hall of Famer
Silver Member
Dec 4, 2007
Some thoughts on Games this week.

Oak Ridge at Granite Bay. - I would say one of the better games around the region. OR is coming off there 1st win against a really bad DO team. Granite Bay has been impressive with a big win at Jesuit and improved to 4-0. I don't see anybody being able to stope ENE from GB on the Trojan side. I think this is a great game but I like Granite Bay 24-20 over OR.

Whitney vs DO- Whitney coming off there 1st win against Davis makes it 2 in a row with a victory of DO. DO is really down....

Rocklin vs Jesuit- I think Rocklin bounces back from the thumping against Folsom with a win against Jesuit. Jesuit D and line will keep it close but not enough scoring power. I like Thunder 24-14.

Folsom vs Davis - 99-3 if they played. Not kidding. The asian national merit scholar from Davis kicks a 44 yd fg to get them on board.

oak ridge beats granite bay close

del oro wins against whitney relatively easily. if not heads will roll at the end of the year.

rocklin absolutely destroys jesuit running clock 49-7 because styles make fights. not gonna beat rocklin in a running contest. jesuit is not ready for sierra foothill league ball, they will need a couple years to get up to speed.

folsom shuts out davis. my controversial take is that it will be a defensive struggle. i'm predicting neither team scores on offense and the final score is 2-0.

just my two sense.

I think you're spot on with GB over OR and Rocklin over Jesuit. I have no idea what to expect from the Whitney-DO game.

FWIW, I'm thinking of skipping the Jesuit @ Rocklin game to head to DPH for the GHS v. Lincoln match up.

We don't get many opportunities to see SDS, LAS, and SS teams up here sans when the State games were held at Sac State.

Looking at Lincoln's schedule, they've got a 1-point loss to 5-0 Arbor View of Las Vegas, a similar blowout win that Folsom produced over Long Beach Poly, and a close, competitive loss to 5-0 JSerra of the Trinity league. That seems impressive on paper (I'm gonna check out some of their game film).

After GHS, Lincoln will be facing Los Alamitos and Cathedral Cathlolic in the coming weeks. They might be an interesting team to check out, and I think GHS might be in some trouble this Friday night.

It also doesn't hurt that Lincoln-SD is where my all-time favorite RB Marcus Allen went to school, as did another personal favorite in Terrell Davis.

I think you're spot on with GB over OR and Rocklin over Jesuit. I have no idea what to expect from the Whitney-DO game.

FWIW, I'm thinking of skipping the Jesuit @ Rocklin game to head to DPH for the GHS v. Lincoln match up.

We don't get many opportunities to see SDS, LAS, and SS teams up here sans when the State games were held at Sac State.

Looking at Lincoln's schedule, they've got a 1-point loss to 5-0 Arbor View of Las Vegas, a similar blowout win that Folsom produced over Long Beach Poly, and a close, competitive loss to 5-0 JSerra of the Trinity league. That seems impressive on paper (I'm gonna check out some of their game film).

After GHS, Lincoln will be facing Los Alamitos and Cathedral Cathlolic in the coming weeks. They might be an interesting team to check out, and I think GHS might be in some trouble this Friday night.

It also doesn't hurt that Lincoln-SD is where my all-time favorite RB Marcus Allen went to school, as did another personal favorite in Terrell Davis.
That’s a Great Choice!…, That will be a fun game!…. Grant will play well at home, game will be a battle!….

Yeah, the GB and OR game will be good. I expect very close grind it out old school SFL battle. I just think Ene will be the X Factor.
Lincoln SDG is very good. Lots of pro's and good college players produced there. Grant stepped up with there pre-season big time. I would give edge to Lincoln but playing in DPH is always a huge factor. That should be a great one. Keep us posted.

Some thoughts on Games this week.

Oak Ridge at Granite Bay. - I would say one of the better games around the region. OR is coming off there 1st win against a really bad DO team. Granite Bay has been impressive with a big win at Jesuit and improved to 4-0. I don't see anybody being able to stope ENE from GB on the Trojan side. I think this is a great game but I like Granite Bay 24-20 over OR.

Whitney vs DO- Whitney coming off there 1st win against Davis makes it 2 in a row with a victory of DO. DO is really down....

Rocklin vs Jesuit- I think Rocklin bounces back from the thumping against Folsom with a win against Jesuit. Jesuit D and line will keep it close but not enough scoring power. I like Thunder 24-14.

Folsom vs Davis - 99-3 if they played. Not kidding. The asian national merit scholar from Davis kicks a 44 yd fg to get them on board.
Agree on GB-Oak Ridge. Went with Granite Bay and their ground game, but also don't discount Oak Ridge finding their footing as the seaosn goes on.

Whitney-Del Oro: Pretty gven game. I'll go with Whitney as the home team

Rocklin-Jesuit: Rocklin wins this one by two touchdowns. Their ability to run and pass will keep Jesuit on their heels

Agree on GB-Oak Ridge. Went with Granite Bay and their ground game, but also don't discount Oak Ridge finding their footing as the seaosn goes on.

Whitney-Del Oro: Pretty gven game. I'll go with Whitney as the home team

Rocklin-Jesuit: Rocklin wins this one by two touchdowns. Their ability to run and pass will keep Jesuit on their heels
I did hear transfer QB from Folsom to OR is now eligible. He's a lefty who isn't bad and runs well. Could be a difference maker in the OR vs GB game but I still like GB at home.

OR will get better as the season goes on and this is a young team so look for next year to take a big leap. This year is a learning year and development.

I did hear transfer QB from Folsom to OR is now eligible. He's a lefty who isn't bad and runs well. Could be a difference maker in the OR vs GB game but I still like GB at home.

OR will get better as the season goes on and this is a young team so look for next year to take a big leap. This year is a learning year and development.
transfers are not eligible until next week according to many people on here.

transfers are not eligible until next week according to many people on here.
We will see. Just repeating what I heard from a close source. Plus there is no consistency in terms of when johnny can play from one school to another. Just a couple years ago I wanna say Washawn Parker left an EG school and was immediatly eligible at Grant while the other RB who left Sheldon had to sit. .

We will see. Just repeating what I heard from a close source. Plus there is no consistency in terms of when johnny can play from one school to another. Just a couple years ago I wanna say Washawn Parker left an EG school and was immediatly eligible at Grant while the other RB who left Sheldon had to sit.
there is absolute consistency. if someone transfers to one of the sjs section's anointed teams they are immediately eligible. if they transfer to a school that isn't, they have to do the sit out period. if they transfer to a direct rival of one of those teams, they get the 12 month bang.

its up to kids and there families to know which list the school is on that they are transferring to.

this isn't unique to sjs section by the way. all sections in nor cal do this.

The sjsj sit period does end this week but it's on Saturday. So if a SJS team plays on Saturday I think they are eligible. I don't believe they are eligible tonight.

Reactions: The Heat Miser
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT