ADVERTISEMENT

Shayley Harris to Folsom

HoopStudent95

Rookie
Jan 9, 2015
The 6'5 4 star Center Shayley Harris has transferred to Folsom high school. Returning a lot of peices, this makes them a nice contender for the nor cal title this season.

Hopefully it's just a 30-day sit, but I still believe there should be no penalty at all for transferring at the start of the school year.

It's not like a transfer can't be the lead in the play, or play on the chess team, or sing in the choir. Why should athletics be any different than any other extracurricular activity?

I agree. I heard she has moved to folsom, and since its pre-season she shouldn't have to sit.
Usually it is no problem transferring. But when it is an intra-league transfer within the same league and between bitter rival schools it could get interesting. Oak Ridge and Folsom schools are only 8.7 miles apart. Oak Ridge could protest it to CIF Section.

I remember when Courtesy Clark (SacBee Player of the Year) transferred from Sac High to McClatchy, she had to sit out a whole year. Both schools are rivals playing in the same league. I believe Sac High protested the transfer to the CIF.

We will see what Oak Ridge does. It does make the Sierra Foothill League more interesting and balanced. Makes for a great matchup.

Is this the UCLA committ? School starts in a week people. You can bet Oak Ridge will be contesting this. Why wouldn't they?

If the family moved from one attendance area to another -- which I understand they did -- there's nothing to protest, unless the Folsom coach is her club coach. Both teams were very good last year, so it would be hard to prove that going to Folsom was athletically motivated (if indeed that even applies any more).

Seems pretty Odd to me. We are talking about schools that are about a 10k apart. Unless they are renters seems strange you would move to Folsom from EDH. Isn't there another one on the team as well? 6"6 fresh? So they lose 2 players? OR has gotten hurt by transfers. There best player and one of the best in the area left a couple years ago (Hailey Mccoy). I'm curious where she will end up playing in college. She was awesome to watch. Some of these other OR bigs are higher recruits but Mccoy was the real deal if yo ask me.

Reactions: mccoy90
Someone told me the Harrises were renting, and had a one-year lease. I'm pretty sure they had moved prior to last year, so a one-year lease might make sense.

But regardless, I hope she's eligible from day one ...

That makes more sense and it might be tougher to contest as well because you are dealing with different school districts and different counties. Pair her up with Forbes and they have to be the favorite in the SFL. Should be a good battle.

correct me if I'm wrong....

Folsom now has 2 Pac12 commits/players and a 3rd girl who played for Team Taurasi this summer.

is the weak a$$ SJS finally going to be able to send a 2nd team to the OPEN?

if Folsom doesn't make the OPEN it's ridiculous

One would think there will be two SJS teams in the Open, but there's a long way between now and then. But those borderline Open teams now wind up in D1 in NorCals, so fleeing the Open isn't as important as before in terms of winning a state title, as D1 will be loaded.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT