ADVERTISEMENT

SHC and CCS

Appears so. Streak had a post that stated SH opted out. Was a down year for the most part. Pipeline appears to be pointing Riordan's way.

Apparently they opted out of WCAL playoffs because they have a previously scheduled game Tuesday against Salesian.

Apparently they opted out of WCAL playoffs because they have a previously scheduled game Tuesday against Salesian.

I saw that on the schedule and wasn't sure when it got scheduled. The move to opt out makes a little more sense now

Appears so. Streak had a post that stated SH opted out. Was a down year for the most part. Pipeline appears to be pointing Riordan's way.
What makes you say that? Which pipeline? Irish didn't get a lot of Bay City kids anyway. Great group of freshman coming in next year from MRC (the original pipeline) and a very talented Freshman coming back who opted out this year. Let's not be so quick to count them out

Reactions: GBBall4L
What makes you say that? Which pipeline? Irish didn't get a lot of Bay City kids anyway. Great group of freshman coming in next year from MRC (the original pipeline) and a very talented Freshman coming back who opted out this year. Let's not be so quick to count them out
Thats what I was getting at the Mission Rec pipeline. This year it appeared the girls punted due to COVID. I did not know kids opted out but knew LyRyan opted out. I dont put too much stock in a season if teams are playing abbreviated schedules just to get the kids out there. There wasnt much time for the kids to grow as a team, build chemistry, etc. We'll see next year when things hopefully are back to normal.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Thats what I was getting at the Mission Rec pipeline. This year it appeared the girls punted due to COVID. I did not know kids opted out but knew LyRyan opted out. I dont put too much stock in a season if teams are playing abbreviated schedules just to get the kids out there. There wasnt much time for the kids to grow as a team, build chemistry, etc. We'll see next year when things hopefully are back to normal.

SHC has new athletic directors who just might overdue their jobs. They would be the only reason the school doesn't do well not just for basketball but in sports in general. Other than that as long as the right coaches are in place for sports in general kids will come to SHC. SHC also get a lot of kids from the Rebels as well and might be the easiest school to get kids from the east bay.

SHC has new athletic directors who just might overdue their jobs. They would be the only reason the school doesn't do well not just for basketball but in sports in general. Other than that as long as the right coaches are in place for sports in general kids will come to SHC. SHC also get a lot of kids from the Rebels as well and might be the easiest school to get kids from the east bay.
I think we have seen the same things over the last 25 years at the school and honestly it doesnt take much to bring SH back to championship level. You dont necessarily need a roster of stars. You just need one. 3 prime historical examples. Kevin Greene, Taylor Johns, and Iimar'i Thomas. All elite players and made everyone else better. All not from SF, but from Oakland, East Palo Alto. The ADs need to work with the coaches to get that one kid to come to SH. The rest will take care of itself.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Nope.

Let’s be fair about this in the original plan sent out by CCS there was not going to be a post season since they started so late. After the season started CCS reversed course and decided to do a post season. When coaches were scrambling to get games, SHC only had one non league game scheduled in Salesian. They added El Camino and totaled 6 games total for the year. Not a large enough schedule for a post season where your opponents had double your games under their belts

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT