ADVERTISEMENT

SHC Roster on Max Preps

Irish also correct Amin Oglesby's class. He is a senior, not a junior. Please remove #22 ASAP. It is quite refreshing to not see a #5 and #22 on the roster.

Lets not get too excited about the tall kid yet. Everyone's heights and weights are at least 2-3 inches exaggerated. I wonder if this is a final roster. Levar Watkins and Ryan Daly I would assume would be on varsity.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
Irish also correct Amin Oglesby's class. He is a senior, not a junior. Please remove #22 ASAP. It is quite refreshing to not see a #5 and #22 on the roster.

Lets not get too excited about the tall kid yet. Everyone's heights and weights are at least 2-3 inches exaggerated. I wonder if this is a final roster. Levar Watkins and Ryan Daly I would assume would be on varsity.
Right. It's best to wait for the official roster.

Sacred Heart's Roster and Schedule on MaxPreps are both inaccurate and incomplete. They are correct with the player who is wearing #5 this season, a young man named CJ Reed, Jr. a junior pg who has tremendous talent who can shoot, pass, playmake and dribble. His father was a great player in his own right from the Menlo/East Palo Alto area in the late 80's early 90's. And for the record, if it wasn't for some heartbreaking and unfortunate events in the life of last year's #5, more would have been produced by him. He's one of the nicest young men you'd ever want to meet and he was at the game last night too.

Sacred Heart's Roster and Schedule on MaxPreps are both inaccurate and incomplete. They are correct with the player who is wearing #5 this season, a young man named CJ Reed, Jr. a junior pg who has tremendous talent who can shoot, pass, playmake and dribble. His father was a great player in his own right from the Menlo/East Palo Alto area in the late 80's early 90's. And for the record, if it wasn't for some heartbreaking and unfortunate events in the life of last year's #5, more would have been produced by him. He's one of the nicest young men you'd ever want to meet and he was at the game last night too.
I'm sure it's not personal. And to be fair, Ramzi Carter played much better his senior year.
You're right about C.J. too. He played well. Irish have a team out there. Let's see if Sean McKay can turn these guys into a cohesive unit.

Last edited:
Reactions: m4success

He played pretty well he was one of the stars of the Jvs...good guard for sure, he and Gary chang? were pretty good shooters last year. I am excited to see how Mackay will adjust to the WCAL his second year... can he mobilize this group to play better than last year.?..They had some flashes even beating Mitty and Serra last year and had a nice come back win against Riordan after being behind a large margin. I agree you can't count this team out and I think they will be better than last year for sure.

Last edited:
He played pretty well he was one of the stars of the Jvs...good guard for sure, he and Gary chang? were pretty good shooters last year. I am excited to see how Mackay will adjust to the WCAL his second year... can he mobilize this group to play better than last year.?..They had some flashes even beating Mitty and Serra last year and had a nice come back win against Riordan after being behind a large margin. I agree you can't count this team out and I think they will be better than last year for sure.
Gary Chang suffered a serious season-ending leg injury early last season while he was on the JV Team and he's projected to be back on the JV Team in January. It's uncertain how well he will be but I suspect, barring any further or future injury, Gary will be an important piece on the Varsity during the 2018-19 Season which will be his senior year. In my opinion, as I've watched Chang for several years playing for the SF Rebels on the AAU Circuit, if and when he's fully healthy, look out WCAL!! SHC silently had a very favorable and talented 2019 Class that features talented wings and shooters. It's this class that is one year removed from the Barbour tenure, yet, most of the freshman class came to SHC because of Barbour and his reputation of being a very good coach. By Coach McKay coming in, this is actually Coach McKay's kids and they are growing together, learning from each other. This team will make much progress this season as opposed to last season.

Reactions: Scott2138
I searched and he was on an AAU team with Bryce Monroe and Ryan Daly and Riordan's Jelani Clark.
http://uaa.io/roster.aspx?rp_id=4255

Tall and lanky. Hopefully the kid runs the floor well and rebounds and doesnt just stand outside on the key.
Coach McKay has tremendous East Bay ties. He was able to grab this very young kid who has great potential to be a top rim protector for SHC. This young man will get his bumps and bruises once he actually plays in January come League time. This investment may in fact pay off by the end of the regular season going into CCS Playoffs, but, I personally wouldn't put much pressure on this kid now, but if the cycle of progression runs its course, SHC will have a legitimate big man for the next few years. He is a work in progress, but it's moves like this that will keep SHC competitive, simply because SHC not only has to deal with SI, Riordan, Serra, Stuart Hall, Lick, University and the list continues, the recruiting of good and great talent is tough to grab because of the before mentioned schools that have a history of recruiting very hard.

The WCAL rarely rewards first year coaches. I suspect he learned from last year and is hoping to tailor a WCAL competitive team in his own way. May take a year or two. Be patient Irish fans.
This is a very true statement. This year will be half rebuilding the plane and the other half taking the plane out to the run-way and fly the plane. You'll see an accelerated rebuild in pre-season as you have some hungry kids out there who want to turn this plane around!!

I'm sure it's not personal. And to be fair, Ramzi Carter played much better his senior year.
You're right about C.J. too. He played well. Irish have a team out there. Let's see if Sean McKay can turn these guys into a cohesive unit.
Carter needed the buy-in last season, his Senior Year, to have been even more successful. To his credit, he spent 3 solid years with Coach B and then all of a sudden, have a brand new Coach his senior year with a program crumbling to the ground and having to start all over. Carter tried his best, but I believe his personal feelings of the past, combined with newcomers who came in, essentially made it difficult for Carter to adjust in the very short time frame he had. Carter went through much in his 4 year career at SHC, but I will tell you this, he graduated and he's in a great University. He will always be a Stud in my eyes, just needed the buy-in, it almost happened.

Last edited:
Carter needed the buy-in last season, his Senior Year, to have been even more successful. To his credit, he spent 3 solid years with Coach B and then all of a sudden, have a brand new Coach his senior year with a program crumbling to the ground and having to start all over. Carter tried his best, but I believe his personal feelings of the past, combined with newcomers who came in, essentially made it difficult for Carter to adjust in the very short time frame he had. Carter went through much in his 4 year career at SHC, but I will tell you this, he graduated and he's in a great University. He will always be a Stud in my eyes, just needed the buy-in, it almost happened.

Where is carter going to play in, what University?

Reactions: m4success

I'll vouch for last year's #5's character as well - my son has played basketball with him at SF Rec Centers over the past few years. My son who is 3-4 years younger than Melo has told me that he's super cool / chill and is a really good / nice guy.

I saw some of the scrimmage against Mission. SHC played the speed card against the size card. C.J. Reed looks like the point-guard solution. I like Evan Haynes on the varsity. He was on the Frosh football team, coming in at 6'2" and 260 pounds. Against SI, they gave him the ball once as a running back just to bowl over the SI line.

Looks as though SH is running with 11 on the varsity roster by evidence of the team photo thats on the team website.
VBB17-18.JPG

The Freshman is a physical presence and if he can consistently run the floor and clog the middle, he can be a problem for opponents

The Freshman Kid didn’t play much tonight but he will be a factor come January

I believe they didn’t make the final cut a few weeks ago. They did participate in tryouts from my understanding.

Reactions: Irish_Cheers
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT