ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon 29 vs 37 Jesuit FINAL

As I say that Jesuit Intercepts the ball, for Sheldon’s 5th or 6th turnover I already lost track.

Sheldon did too little too late, can’t win a game when u turn the ball over 5 or 6 times and two at the opponents 5yrd line.

Jesuit is a solid team. Real physical, but don't have great team speed and banged up. They are possibly a back end Top 20 team or bubble team. Latu is really good.

Turnovers killed Sheldon. The two inside the 5 and then the two interceptions late in the firt half to let it get from a 10 point game to 17. Dom Johnson is a player.

Reactions: Dan12Kings
Comparative scores don't mean anything. You should know that. CAL beats Wash St 37-3. The same Wash St team that beat Oregon 33-10. Guess what Oregon thumped Cal 45-24. Blah, blah,...... Certain teams match up with others better. Championship teams wins close games. They win ugly. But they find a way.

Comparative scores don't mean anything. You should know that. CAL beats Wash St 37-3. The same Wash St team that beat Oregon 33-10. Guess what Oregon thumped Cal 45-24. Blah, blah,...... Certain teams match up with others better.

THIS.

Claiming that daisy chaining is an inexact science is drastically understating it.

Sheldon is not good. Jesuit is pretty mediocre, although I love the program. Let's be honest here.

So who is good? Jesuit played as bad as possible with a ton of turnovers and played gb close....but they are awful and gb and oak ridge are great? Let's be real there is Folsom who is way way better than any other local team then a bunch of teams who are a notch below.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
Let's be real there is Folsom who is way way better than any other local team then a bunch of teams who are a notch below.

You say "be real" but aren't being real yourself. If Folsom was truly way way better than any other local team then why did they trail Sacramento at half and why was it a 2 pt game until the final minutes?

Folsom ended up being a little better that game, no doubt, but who is to say that Sac couldn't win a rematch? They beat 'em last season and played them down to the wire this season. Folsom may indeed be better, but they aren't way way better. And there are a few other teams that may also have a say. Not so sure Folsom is way, way better than Inderkum either.

I think the gap this year between the next "batch" of really good norcal teams like Folsom, Pitt, Valley Christian, Milpitas, Oak Ridge, Freedom, etc is much closer this year than its been in awhile. Playoffs this year are going to be a lot fun. Last year St Mary's of Stockton and DLS were light years better than anybody else up here. Not so much this year. One thing I really respect is the schedules schools like Folsom and Pitt have played.
Folsom gets a lot of heat but look at there schedule..... One criticism is throw a socal power on there.

Pitt-
Centennial Corona- (Top 5 10 Nationally)
Freedom
Vacaville
Serra

Folsom
Sac High
Jesuit
Oakdale
And of course the best league in Norcal (SFL)

Oak Ridge has played a solid schedule with schools like Reed, NV, Vacaville and of course SFL league but nothing overall special.

How good is SRV? They haven't played anybody.

If Folsom was truly way way better than any other local team then why did they trail Sacramento at half and why was it a 2 pt game until the final minutes?
Wow. Have you even been watching this year? My golly......

Questioning the overall dominance of an entire section off of ONE half against a good area team? A bit harsh. I would say trolling. No need for that.

Last edited:
Wow. Have you even been watching this year? My golly......

Questioning the overall dominance of an entire section off of ONE half against a good area team? A bit harsh. I would say trolling. No need for that.

Trolling?? I don’t see any of that to be honest, just someone discussing who’s better or who might or might not be way better. That’s a pure football discussion.

@ThunderRam is nowhere close to a troller I’ve have met him in person during a Del Oro game.

Stop with trying to get people banned by @Streak One he knows who is in here for football talk and who’s not. That’s why there’s all these new usernames that have come up since @Streak One enforced the rules.

Reactions: SacFB
Trolling?? I don’t see any of that to be honest, just someone discussing who’s better or who might or might not be way better. That’s a pure football discussion.

@ThunderRam is nowhere close to a troller I’ve have met him in person during a Del Oro game.

Stop with trying to get people banned by @Streak One he knows who is in here for football talk and who’s not. That’s why there’s all these new usernames that have come up since @Streak One enforced the rules.
IMHO he always likes to throw in a little jab about Folsom and then when confronted, will back track and complain.

This is about kids. A great program. Just give them they're due. No need for small jabs. It's just HS football. I always give the other program their due. Always.

I'm not trying to get anyone banned. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on here, no matter how unpopular. I just don't think it's right to always indirectly jab at the same program. It's old. Time to move on and enjoy good football. I assume you would agree Dan.

Pitt-
Centennial Corona- (Top 5 10 Nationally)
Freedom
Vacaville
Serra

Folsom
Sac High
Jesuit
Oakdale
And of course the best league in Norcal (SFL)
We have two problems here. First problem is you can easily say the BVAL is the toughest league in NorCal this year. Second problem is Pitt has played a lot tougher schedule than the top team in the SFL.

Pittsburg
Lost to a "National Power" away (Centennial)
Beat a NorCal Power away (Serra) 35-28
Beat a SJS D1 Power @ home (Vacaville) 35-13
Beat a NCS D1 Power @ home (Freedom) 47-33

Vacaville easily could have won their games against both Granite Bay and Oak Ridge of the SFL. Only losing to both by 1 point.

Basically I'm not gifting a down SFL the title when it's obvious the league isn't that strong this year. The comparison of teams in NorCal is too close to hand the SFL that title. The SFL isn't blowing the doors off teams this year if you didn't know that. Let's just wait until the playoffs before we anoint the SFL this crown. Furthermore, Folsom may not even be NorCals 2nd best D1 program behind DLS. When you look at Pitt and St. Mary's competing with National Powers and Serra starting to jell now there's no way anyone can say Folsom is a clear front runner for NorCal second place in D1. We did that in 2015 and look what that got us. A crow sandwich for all SFL and Folsom fans to chew on in which Bellarmine gladly delivered it on a chrome plated platter.

And on top of that I believe San Ramon Valley beats any time in the SFL except Folsom this year. SRV has a quality team this year and would give Folsom all they could handle.

Sheldon is not good. Jesuit is pretty mediocre, although I love the program. Let's be honest here.

Dog, I think Sheldon is on the rise. Hell, they lost to Reno by only one score. Reno just whipped up on Reed who gave Oak Ridge all they could handle. Their collection of athletes is pretty good from what I can tell and, if you live down there in Elk Grove, it seems that you would have to take a serious look at Sheldon.

Dog, I think Sheldon is on the rise. Hell, they lost to Reno by only one score. Reno just whipped up on Reed who gave Oak Ridge all they could handle. Their collection of athletes is pretty good from what I can tell and, if you live down there in Elk Grove, it seems that you would have to take a serious look at Sheldon.
Dog, I'm thinking about relocating asap.

Appreciate the support, Dan. Thankfully I'm not subjected to the nonsense thanks to the magic of filtering. Just know that you are responding to an insecure fan can't handle it when someone doesn't see Folsom as the end all, be all. And the multi-handle game is just a transparent attempt to circumvent Streak One's rules. My suggestion is to keep adding the handles to your ignore list as I do.

My take on Folsom this season is that they are the best team I've seen in the SJS so far. But they are far from unbeatable. They aren't DLS, though some desperately would like others to see them in that same light. This current team is very good. I think they've probably got the best duo of WR's in NorCal and their RB is a bit underrated. But this isn't the 2014 team. Probably more like the 2015 team, which as we all know did get upset by Bellarmine.

IMO, sans injuries to key players, Folsom has the ability to beat any team in NorCal not named DLS. However, there are a few other teams out there such as Pitt, San Ramon Valley, Sac, Inderkum, etc. that has that ability too.

I need to go to a Folsom game soon and have my obvservations as to how good Folsom is this year because, so far I haven’t seen any team in person as good as Pittsburg, it’s crazy how many athletes they have that can be difference makers if the game is too close, it happened when Vacaville had them very close at halftime only down 7-6 but their athletes proved the big difference later in the second half and they also proved to be the difference against Freedom.

On another note, in this game, Sheldon did impress me a bit(more because of their speed) for being undersized and where still able to move the ball against a decent Jesuit team(although not impressed) I was expecting more because they gave Granite Bay a battle.

Appreciate the support, Dan. Thankfully I'm not subjected to the nonsense thanks to the magic of filtering. Just know that you are responding to an insecure fan can't handle it when someone doesn't see Folsom as the end all, be all. And the multi-handle game is just a transparent attempt to circumvent Streak One's rules. My suggestion is to keep adding the handles to your ignore list as I do.

My take on Folsom this season is that they are the best team I've seen in the SJS so far. But they are far from unbeatable. They aren't DLS, though some desperately would like others to see them in that same light. This current team is very good. I think they've probably got the best duo of WR's in NorCal and their RB is a bit underrated. But this isn't the 2014 team. Probably more like the 2015 team, which as we all know did get upset by Bellarmine.

IMO, sans injuries to key players, Folsom has the ability to beat any team in NorCal not named DLS. However, there are a few other teams out there such as Pitt, San Ramon Valley, Sac, Inderkum, etc. that has that ability too.
Don't sleep on Serra. They had a few key injuries at the start of the season. They also have one of the best coaching staff in all of NorCal football. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Pitt or Serra were to upset this Folsom team in the playoffs.

Don't sleep on Serra. They had a few key injuries at the start of the season. They also have one of the best coaching staff in all of NorCal football. I wouldn't be one bit surprised if Pitt or Serra were to upset this Folsom team in the playoffs.

Notice I strategically ended the list of teams with an 'etc'. I realize there are other teams that could be included. Though, I'm not as confident in Serra as you seem to be. But we'll see how it plays out.

IMHO he always likes to throw in a little jab about Folsom and then when confronted, will back track and complain.

This is about kids. A great program. Just give them they're due. No need for small jabs. It's just HS football. I always give the other program their due. Always.

I'm not trying to get anyone banned. Everyone is entitled to their opinion on here, no matter how unpopular. I just don't think it's right to always indirectly jab at the same program. It's old. Time to move on and enjoy good football. I assume you would agree Dan.

Trolling? Since when is Folsom exempt from the normal discussion high school football that might include a "less than glowing report" comment. Don't take it so personal as your other past monikers have done.

Trolling? Since when is Folsom exempt from the normal discussion high school football that might include a "less than glowing report" comment. Don't take it so personal as your other past monikers have done.
Nothing is personal on this board. But it is always the same people commenting negatively on Folsom. Generally, the same 5 people (1 or 2 of them have 2-3 different handles). It gets old after a few years. That is my only point. Winning is all that matters at the end of the day. Haters mean you are good. No hates means you aren't good.

Notice I strategically ended the list of teams with an 'etc'. I realize there are other teams that could be included. Though, I'm not as confident in Serra as you seem to be. But we'll see how it plays out.
Right on. I agree with you that Indy could be one of them as well. I'm not sold on this years Folsom team as being the best in NorCal. After that 2015 lose to Bellarmine I hold all judgement on Folsom as being the NorCal front runner in the playoffs. They have to show and prove on the field from here out as far as I'm concerned. No more anointing them the best until they prove it on the field. And yes, I was one that said Bellarmine didn't stand a chance against Folsom. Boy did I learn my lesson about Folsom being anointed the front runner. Never again.

I agree Folsom is the team to beat, but how did this thread turn into another Folsom convo. This thread should be about how bad Jesuit is, and how lucky they are the Delta League sucks this year.

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
Question is how bad is sheldon if Jesuit isn't that good?

Jesuit is really bad. According to Joe D, they are barely able to put 11 guys on the field.

Sheldon did too little too late, can’t win a game when u turn the ball over 5 or 6 times and two at the opponents 5yrd line.

All these turnovers were unforced, either a result of a bad read, or a slick ball. Jesuit's bigger DL was manhandled by the Sheldon OL.

So who is good? Jesuit played as bad as possible with a ton of turnovers and played gb close....but they are awful and gb and oak ridge are great? Let's be real there is Folsom who is way way better than any other local team then a bunch of teams who are a notch below.

Jesuit has one more test this weekend versus an enigmatic Franklin team, then face a young MT, and a VERY, VERRY DOWN Grant team. They will get another lucky draw in the playoffs vs one of those Metro teams, possibly with home field advantage, the skating rink by all accounts. So they will be a deep playoff contender due to luck: down league, hockey rink, Saturday afternoons. Jesuit is trash this year!

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
Jesuit is really bad. According to Joe D, they are barely able to put 11 guys on the field.

All these turnovers were unforced, either a result of a bad read, or a slick ball. Jesuit's bigger DL was manhandled by the Sheldon OL.

Jesuit has one more test this weekend versus an enigmatic Franklin team, then face a young MT, and a VERY, VERRY DOWN Grant team. They will get another lucky draw in the playoffs vs one of those Metro teams, possibly with home field advantage, the skating rink by all accounts. So they will be a deep playoff contender due to luck: down league, hockey rink, Saturday afternoons. Jesuit is trash this year!

Just out of curiosity, what exactly happened that makes you hate Jesuit on such a personal level? Nearly every post you make on this site is a negative post regarding Jesuit.

Is Jesuit an elite team this season? No. Are they trash? No. It's pretty easy to make the case that they're the 6th best team in the greater Sacramento area behind (in no order) Folsom, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay, Inderkum and Sacramento. Not bad for a team that is "barely able to put 11 guys on the field"...

Reactions: ThunderRam
Just out of curiosity, what exactly happened that makes you hate Jesuit on such a personal level? Nearly every post you make on this site is a negative post regarding Jesuit.

Is Jesuit an elite team this season? No. Are they trash? No. It's pretty easy to make the case that they're the 6th best team in the greater Sacramento area behind (in no order) Folsom, Oak Ridge, Granite Bay, Inderkum and Sacramento. Not bad for a team that is "barely able to put 11 guys on the field"...
Now you know how I feel. I have the same 3-5 trolls who follow Folsom posts only and post negative stuff. So weird.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT