ADVERTISEMENT

Sheldon vs Folsom Venue

Amttbo

Superstar
Jul 27, 2011
Rumor is that CIF isn’t going to move this game to a bigger venue. That would be a mistake. Several hundred fans will not be able to watch the game including players parents. It will be similar to Woodcreek/Capital game last year. Parents of players didn’t get in to see the game. CRC is right down the street. It’s going to be a great game! I hope they move it to a bigger venue.

Thats a bummer. That is a pretty small gym but then again they get the home court. Is the ODOWD vs MC game at Laney? I'm going to check out that one. Any idea if tickets are pre-sold at Odowd?

Larry just come and checkin with me and you will be alright at the game. Ill make sure Ron Nelson dont do anything to you.. lol

Reactions: sachoopcoach
The CIF needs to move to a bigger venue. It’s not that difficult to do. CRC is actually a perfect venue. Good call coach. Close to Sheldon and way more capacity.

Cmon Larry you get to see your 2 favorite teams play. I promise Heat will not point you out to Josiah mom or Darius daddy. Lol

If anyone attended the Sheldon v. Folsom section semifinal game you would see that this game needs to be moved. It was overcrowded then, and this will be the only game in town v. two major Sacramento teams. It would be a big mistake to hold this game at Sheldon HS given the fan interest, not to mention safety issues of having so many folks in that small gym.

It was over crowded because access sacramento took up huge section of seats for tv production . Also heard there were several CIF passes used which are one plus guest. No tv and no section passes ( state only) equates to more than enough seats

If Sheldon seats the 12-1400 requirements or whatever it is, why move it? That's a punishment to Sheldon for being a higher seed. No need to move it, just get to the gym early.

If you can't get in, please let me know. I have 2 passes available. I would hate to see someone get locked out of this epic battle.

Welp, looks like it has officially moved. State just updated their website and brackets. I think this give Folsom a much better chance now...

If anyone attended the Sheldon v. Folsom section semifinal game you would see that this game needs to be moved. It was overcrowded then, and this will be the only game in town v. two major Sacramento teams. It would be a big mistake to hold this game at Sheldon HS given the fan interest, not to mention safety issues of having so many folks in that small gym.
So was CRC the answer with the 1500 capacity vs 1400 at Sheldon . Still doesn't meet the 1800 criteria.
Safety issues ????? at Sheldon. What about everyone has to sit on the same side at CRC.

So was CRC the answer with the 1500 capacity vs 1400 at Sheldon . Still doesn't meet the 1800 criteria.
Safety issues ????? at Sheldon. What about everyone has to sit on the same side at CRC.
Why would there be safety issues?

Why would there be safety issues?

The full sentence in that post was "It would be a big mistake to hold this game at Sheldon HS given the fan interest, not to mention safety issues of having so many folks in that small gym."

The full sentence in that post was "It would be a big mistake to hold this game at Sheldon HS given the fan interest, not to mention safety issues of having so many folks in that small gym."
I actually like Sheldon's gym and didn't mind it there. CRC works too.

Let's get it on!

If I was Rollings I would be furious, especially if the difference in capacity is only 100. It's a semifinal game, I want it at my school. There is no home court advantage now, Folsom is smiling with this move.

I really wanted to go to this game but I am not sure any of us will get in. I was at there last meeting and was really looking forward to this one.

SHELDON official capacity is 1380. According to CRC website it holds 1500. IT SEEMS bigger than that. I believe there is more leg room between rows making it look bigger. Maybe that's the one side. On the team side there is about 6 rows of bleachers that never come out but a friend of mine is a facilities worker who said they are pulling it out. On a rainy Tuesday night it won't sell out. Don't forget to pay your 2 dollars to park . It's enforced 24/7

Reactions: coachlittle
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT