ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Playoffs....

CCCSleepingGiant

Board Regular
Nov 8, 2009
I know there have been a few of you guys on here that do playoff projections. I started mine this weekend. I went through the last 3 weeks and just gave wins to the higher ranked teams on Calpreps to project final records. A few things I came up with.

There are 11 5-5 teams that I have getting in. After doing the projections there were only 67 teams that have 6+ wins.

D1: Folsom, Oak Ridge, St. Mary's, Franklin (EG) and Jesuit seem to be the top 4.

D2: Granite Bay, Central Catholic, Del Oro, Inderkum and Rockin possibly being the top teams.

D3: Going to have to good match-ups this year. Oakdale, Christian Brothers, Patterson, Sacramento, Del Campo and Antelope. A lot of things can happen in this bracket.

D4: Again, I have Manteca in the D4 field like they were last year. If this happens expect them to run through the section just like last year. The closest game they had last year was in the section championship vs. Placer and they still won by 22. Los Banos and Placer will probably be pitted on the other side of the bracket as 2 and 3 seeds and play in the semi's for a chance to face Manteca in the Finals. Should Manteca get into D3 the championship could be between Los Banos and Placer.

D5: Sonora, Calaveras, Capital Christian and Orestimba are the top teams here. If seeded right I see Sonora and Calaveas squaring off again for the section championship. They played each other in Week 5 and had a great game with Sonora coming out on top 59-50

D6: I think it's going to be Escalon and Summerville in the championship here. Escalon has really come on this year and hope to send legendary Coach Lou out with a championship. Summervilles only loss this year has been to in league rival, Sonora, 37-27. However, they do still have a strong Calaveras team on the schedule in Week 9.

D7: I have Stone Ridge Christian vs. Big Valley Christian in the championship here. I don't have a lot of knowledge on any of these teams other than Stone Ridge but I think whoever Stone Ridge faces they win the title.

I know there's still a lot of football to be played and plenty of upsets to come but I usually start doing this in Week 7 to kill time and have some fun seeing how close I get to the actual brackets at the end of the year. I'd like to hear what you guys think will transpire over the next 3 weeks and correct any mistakes I may have made so far. Thanks.

Last edited:
I know there have been a few of you guys on here that do playoff projections. I started mine this weekend. I went through the last 3 weeks and just gave wins to the higher ranked teams on Calpreps to project final records. A few things I came up with.

There are 11 5-5 teams that I have getting in. After doing the projections there were only 67 teams that have 6+ wins.

D1: Folsom, Oak Ridge, St. Mary's, Franklin (EG) and Jesuit seem to be the top 4.

D2: Granite Bay, Central Catholic, Del Oro, and Rockin possibly being the top 4 teams.

D3: Going to have to good match-ups this year. Oakdale, Christian Brothers, Patterson, Sacramento, Del Campo and Antelope. A lot of things can happen in this bracket.

D4: Again, I have Manteca in the D4 field like they were last year. If this happens expect them to run through the section just like last year. The closest game they had last year was in the section championship vs. Placer and they still won by 22. Los Banos and Placer will probably be pitted on the other side of the bracket as 2 and 3 seeds and play in the semi's for a chance to face Manteca in the Finals. Should Manteca get into D3 the championship could be between Los Banos and Placer.

D5: Sonora, Calaveras, Capital Christian and Orestimba are the top teams here. If seeded right I see Sonora and Calaveas squaring off again for the section championship. They played each other in Week 5 and had a great game with Sonora coming out on top 59-50

D6: I think it's going to be Escalon and Summerville in the championship here. Escalon has really come on this year and hope to send legendary Coach Lou out with a championship. Summervilles only loss this year has been to in league rival, Sonora, 37-27. However, they do still have a strong Calaveras team on the schedule in Week 9.

D7: I have Stone Ridge Christian vs. Big Valley Christian in the championship here. I don't have a lot of knowledge on any of these teams other than Stone Ridge but I think whoever Stone Ridge faces they win the title.

I know there's still a lot of football to be played and plenty of upsets to come but I usually start doing this in Week 7 to kill time and have some fun seeing how close I get to the actual brackets at the end of the year. I'd like to hear what you guys think will transpire over the next 3 weeks and correct any mistakes I may have made so far. Thanks.
Good stuff. Pretty darn accurate!

Reactions: CCCSleepingGiant
I know there is alot of research that goes in to doing playoff predictions. I always start, then I give up an hr later lol.

D2-(Metro champ) Sac High League is a D2 league. Antelope/Del Campo (CVC champ) is a D2 league both schools are likely D2 anyways. I am pretty sure Inderkum is sitting well for at least a top 4 seed. Granite Bay is likely D1 and Del Oro will not be a top seed, I can see a home game though.

Last edited:
Reactions: CCCSleepingGiant
Oh yeah....I forgot about Inderkum....Didn't realize the Sac High League was D2 as well as the other. If Del Campo wins out they will be up in D2. I have both them and Antelope in D3. Sac and Del Campo moving up means that Lincoln and Buhach Colony would get pushed down into D3. Just a swap between those teams. Thanks for the info.

D2: Granite Bay, Central Catholic, Del Oro, and Rockin possibly being the top 4 teams.

Where’s inderkum pretty sure they’d be somewhere at the top in d2

Colfax will be in the mix here as well. I wouldn't be surprised to see a rematch off last years final, Colfax v CC

Here's the teams I currently have in each division.....School/Enrollment/League/Overall

Division 1
Lincoln (S) 2855 3-2 5-5
Franklin (EG) 2536 5-2 8-2
Oak Ridge 2533 5-1 9-1
Edison 2507 3-2 7-3
Modesto 2472 4-2 6-4
Turlock 2450 6-0 8-2
Folsom 2419 6-0 10-0
Enochs 2416 3-3 5-5
Sheldon 2385 6-1 8-2
Gregori 2273 5-1 9-1
Pitman 2247 4-2 5-5
Monterey Trail 2246 4-3 6-4
Jesuit 2172 7-0 8-2
River City 2155 2-4 6-4
Tracy 2108 4-1 7-3
St. Mary's 830 5-0 8-2

Division 2
Downey 2067 6-0 10-0
Granite Bay 2037 4-2 8-2
Rocklin 2018 3-3 6-4
Yuba City 2018 3-3 5-5
Inderkum 2006 6-0 10-0
Vacaville 1981 5-0 7-3
Stagg 1969 3-2 5-5
Vintage 1966 4-1 8-2
Oakmont 1877 3-4 6-4
Burbank 1869 6-1 6-4
Whitney 1860 5-2 6-4
Sacramento 902 7-0 9-1
Del Campo 1766 7-0 10-0
Wood 1729 3-2 5-5
Del Oro 1745 2-4 5-5
Cental Catholic 379 7-0 9-0

Division 3
Antelope 1808 6-1 9-1
River Valley 1789 4-2 8-2
Lincoln 1858 4-1 8-2
Vista del Lago 1761 4-1 6-4
Patterson 1731 5-0 9-1
McNair 1717 5-0 7-3
Rio Americano 1703 2-3 6-4
Cordova 1688 5-0 8-2
Vanden 1678 5-0 6-4
Rio Linda 1676 2-4 5-5
Benicia 1674 3-2 7-3
East Union 1658 4-3 7-3
Pacheco 1652 3-2 5-5
Oakdale 1543 6-1 8-2
Christian Brothers 1144 5-0 8-2
Buhach Colony 1816 5-1 7-3

Division 4
Manteca 1586 5-2 8-2
American Canyon 1564 4-1 6-4
Los Banos 1363 4-1 9-1
Placer 1339 5-0 9-1
Woodland 1297 4-2 8-2
Casa Roble 1266 3-2 5-5
El Dorado 1254 4-1 7-3
Dixon 1110 4-1 6-3

Division 5
Natomas 1104 3-2 6-4
Sonora 973 6-0 8-2
Calaveras 973 5-1 9-1
Ripon 910 3-2 6-4
Orestimba 844 7-0 10-0
Bear River 650 2-3 7-3
Colfax 586 3-2 8-2
Capital Christian 444 5-0 7-3

Division 6
Highlands 836 3-2 6-3
Escalon 821 5-0 7-3
Hilmar 666 2-3 5-5
Summerville 591 4-2 8-2
Gustine 585 6-1 8-2
Western Sierra 563 3-1 8-2
Rio Visto 371 4-1 7-3
Bradshaw Christian 348 5-0 7-3

Division 7
Big Valley Christian 197 4-1 9-1
Ripon Christian 195 5-2 7-3
Woodland Christian 191 4-0 9-1
Stone Ridge Christian 149 5-0 9-1
Modesto Christian 137 4-1 5-5
Brookside Christian 113 3-2 5-4

Has Whitney appealed their DQ from playoffs?

Yuba has an enrollment of 1765, they will be D3. Heard their QB is out for season, huge loss for them as he is their best player and makes everything go for them.

It is going to be a toss-up for the 5-5 teams. I see a 5-5 Elk Grove team going in over a 5-5 Enochs or Pittman, EG would have to be D2, thus Bumping up Downey.

If I had to guess, I would say the D1 vs D2 line will be with Granite Bay, I think they're are the swing team and will either be the smallest enrollment in D1 or largest in D2.

The more I look at it, the more I give up because the Section will make decesions that confuse us all lol.

Keep posting the playoff predictions, it gives us all something fun and exciting to banter over.

Has Whitney appealed their DQ from playoffs?

Yuba has an enrollment of 1765, they will be D3. Heard their QB is out for season, huge loss for them as he is their best player and makes everything go for them.

It is going to be a toss-up for the 5-5 teams. I see a 5-5 Elk Grove team going in over a 5-5 Enochs or Pittman, EG would have to be D2, thus Bumping up Downey.

If I had to guess, I would say the D1 vs D2 line will be with Granite Bay, I think they're are the swing team and will either be the smallest enrollment in D1 or largest in D2.

The more I look at it, the more I give up because the Section will make decesions that confuse us all lol.

Keep posting the playoff predictions, it gives us all something fun and exciting to banter over.

Thanks for catching the Yuba City mess up. I was looking at the enrollment of Rocklin which is to the left of Yuba City on the sheet. If the higher rated teams win (which won't happen) I have Elk Grove finishing at 4-6. They are rated 31.1 and play Mont Trail (31.5), Franklin (36.5), and Sheldon (40). They could possibly win all 3 games and finish 7-3.

It's fun to watch how things pan out over that last weeks of the season. There's always upsets that throw everything out of whack.

The MEL/SCAC teams have a huge anomaly due to the wildfires.

Nobody played Week 7 and those games will not be made up.

MEL records:
Vintage 5-1
Wood 3-3
Vacaville 3-3
Armijo 3-3
Napa 2-4
Rodriguez 1-4

Nobody will play 10 games...everyone will have 9 games with the exception of Rodriguez who will have 8 contests.

Not sure how the section will handle a 5-4 or 4-5 team that had a game burned out due to the smoke/fires.

The SCAC is tricky too as the top teams are:
Benicia 5-1
American Canyon 3-3
Vanden 2-4

The Am Can/Vanden and Vaca/Vintage games were suppose to be played in week 7 and will not be made up.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
It will interesting to see how the section handles this. What I see happening in the SCAC is Vander and American Canyon finish 1 & 2. Benecia finishes 6-3 and still makes it in.

In the MEL Vacaville and Vintage finsh 1 & 2 and Wood finishes 4-5 and doesn't get in.

The SCAC voted to erase week 9 games and move week 7 games in that week 9 slot, thus Am Can and Vanden will play in Week 9. This will allow Benicia, Am Can and Vanden the opportunity to play each other. The entire league will only have 9 games still because of the fires

Word floating around is that Whitney appeal didnt work out. Still banned for this year. Possibly Oakmont or Cosumnes getting a third place spot from CVC

Nice job giant. A few questions and observations. Why based on the past few season records and super accomplishments are DO & Oakdale not playing up a division. DO in D1 and Oakdale D2.
Overachievers based on enrollment St.Mary's,Sac,CentralC,& CC. A real credit to great programs.

Nice job giant. A few questions and observations. Why based on the past few season records and super accomplishments are DO & Oakdale not playing up a division. DO in D1 and Oakdale D2.
Overachievers based on enrollment St.Mary's,Sac,CentralC,& CC. A real credit to great programs.

It's based on winning the section title not just doing well within the section. School have to win 3 in a row in order to be bumped up. If they win again in their new division they get bumped up again. Central Catholic started down in D4. They won the section championship in 2012, 2013, 2014. They were then bumped up to D3. They won the section championship in there as well in 2015 so they were bumped up to D2 which is where they played last year and lost to Jesuit. They will remain in D2 now until they win 3 in a row again. Oakdale won last year but that was just their first. If they win the section the next 2 years they will be bumped up to D2.

Sacramento has to play in D2 because they are in a division 2 league. If they didn't win their league, they could play down in D3 but the rules say if you win the campionship in a D2 league then you have to play in division 2 for the playoffs.

Reactions: ChrisRScoreMan
It will interesting to see how the section handles this. What I see happening in the SCAC is Vander and American Canyon finish 1 & 2. Benecia finishes 6-3 and still makes it in.

In the MEL Vacaville and Vintage finsh 1 & 2 and Wood finishes 4-5 and doesn't get in.
I think Benicia beats either Am Can or Vanden, but not both,just like last year.Another 3 way tie between them.Which would lead to an interesting playoff seeding between the 3 of them.

I think Benicia beats either Am Can or Vanden, but not both,just like last year.Another 3 way tie between them.Which would lead to an interesting playoff seeding between the 3 of them.

Yep....With a 3 way tie they'd go to the 13 point rule I believe.

It's based on winning the section title not just doing well within the section. School have to win 3 in a row in order to be bumped up. If they win again in their new division they get bumped up again. Central Catholic started down in D4. They won the section championship in 2012, 2013, 2014. They were then bumped up to D3. They won the section championship in there as well in 2015 so they were bumped up to D2 which is where they played last year and lost to Jesuit. They will remain in D2 now until they win 3 in a row again. Oakdale won last year but that was just their first. If they win the section the next 2 years they will be bumped up to D2.

Sacramento has to play in D2 because they are in a division 2 league. If they didn't win their league, they could play down in D3 but the rules say if you win the campionship in a D2 league then you have to play in division 2 for the playoffs.

Actually, from what I understand, Central has to make it to the Semi Finals this season. If they don't they go back down to D3 the following season for playoffs.... I hear Oakdale will be moved to D2 next season if they win a section title this season.

Will Vacaville & Napa play Saturday? Sad that the last year the Napa Schools are in the MEL & Vintage not meeting up with Vaca! It wud be nice to see it...is Vaca DII Team?

If Vacaville and Vintage win out then it's a tie. My guess is Vintage would be #1 seed for playoffs and Vacaville #2 (win-loss records) and that would put Vacaville in D2.

What’s the 13 point rule?
They take the scores of the games played between the 3 teams that are tied for first. They use the score differential between them but cannot exceed 13 points. Let's say Team A, B, and C are all 5-1...

Team A Beats Team B 28-20....Team A is +8, Team B is -8
Team B Beats Team C 35-14....Team B is +13, Team C is -13
Team C Beats Team A 35-34....Team C is +1, Team A is -1

Add everything up....

Team A = +7
Team B = +5
Team C = -12

So team A would be considered league champion, Team B would get the 2 spot and team C would be 3.

Reactions: SacFB
Actually, from what I understand, Central has to make it to the Semi Finals this season. If they don't they go back down to D3 the following season for playoffs.... I hear Oakdale will be moved to D2 next season if they win a section title this season.

They could possibly get moved up. There is a rule based on continued success and the committee can move teams up if they want to.

Will Vacaville & Napa play Saturday? Sad that the last year the Napa Schools are in the MEL & Vintage not meeting up with Vaca! It wud be nice to see it...is Vaca DII Team?
Based on enrollments they are in the D2 bracket but if they win their league they will be D1 because it is a D1 league.

Vintage still has to get past Wood and Napa the last two weeks of the season. I don't think there will be a tie for first between Vintage and Vacaville.

Here is my latest breakdown after last weeks games. Team / Enrollment / League Record / Overall Record.....

Again, these are just predictions based on ratings in Calpreps....The 5-5 teams that are in are based on opponent win totals as of right now. If you notice any mistakes let me know.

Division 1

Lincoln (S) / 2855 / 3-2 / 5-5
Franklin (EG) / 2536 / 5-2 / 8-2
Oak Ridge / 2533 / 5-1 / 9-1
Edison / 2507 / 2-3 / 6-4
Modesto / 2472 / 5-1 / 7-3
Turlock / 2450 / 6-0 / 8-2
Folsom / 2419 / 6-0 / 10-0
Enochs / 2416 / 2-3 / 5-5
Sheldon / 2385 / 6-1 / 8-2
Gregori / 2273 / 5-1 / 9-1
Pitman / 2247 / 4-2 / 5-5
Monterey Trail / 2246 / 4-3 / 6-4
Jesuit / 2172 / 7-0 / 8-2
River City / 2155 / 2-4 / 6-4
Vacaville / 1981 / 4-0 / 6-3
St. Mary's / 830 / 5-0 / 7-2

Division 2

Inderkum / 2006 / 6-0 / 10-0
River City / 2155 / 2-4 / 6-4
Tracy / 2108 / 4-1 / 7-3
Downey / 2067 / 5-1 / 9-1
Granite Bay / 2037 / 4-2 / 8-2
Rocklin / 2018 / 3-3 / 6-4
Stagg / 1969 / 5-0 / 7-3
Vintage / 1966 / 4-0 / 8-1
Burbank / 1869 / 6-1 / 6-4
Lincoln / 1858 / 4-1 / 8-2
Buhach Colony / 1816 / 5-1 / 7-3
Laguna Creek / 1815 / 5-2 / 5-5
Antelope / 1808 / 6-1 / 9-1
Sacramento / 902 / 6-1 / 6-4
Del Campo / 1766 / 7-0 / 10-0
Del Oro / 1745 / 2-4 / 5-5
Cental Catholic / 379 / 7-0 / 9-0

Division 3

River Valley / 1789 / 4-2 / 8-2
Yuba City / 1765 / 3-3 / 5-5
Vista del Lago / 1761 / 4-1 / 6-4
Patterson / 1731 / 5-0 / 9-1
McNair / 1717 / 4-1 / 6-4
Rio Americano / 1703 / 2-3 / 6-4
Cordova / 1688 / 4-1 / 7-3
Vanden / 1678 / 4-0 / 6-3
Rio Linda / 1676 / 3-3 / 6-4
Benicia / 1674 / 2-2 / 6-3
East Union / 1658 / 4-3 / 7-3
Pacheco / 1652 / 2-3 / 5-5
Manteca / 1586 / 5-2 / 8-2
American Canyon / 1564 / 3-1 / 5-3
Oakdale / 1543 / 6-1 / 8-2
Christian Brothers / 1144 / 5-0 / 8-2

Division 4

Rosemont / 1551 / 3-2 / 5-5
Los Banos / 1363 / 4-1 / 9-1
Placer / 1339 / 5-0 / 9-1
Woodland / 1297 / 3-3 / 7-3
Casa Roble / 1266 / 3-2 / 5-5
El Dorado / 1254 / 5-0 / 8-2
Dixon / 1110 / 4-1 / 6-3
Natomas / 1104 / 3-2 / 6-4

Division 5

Calaveras / 973 / 5-1 / 9-1
Sonora / 973 / 6-0 / 8-2
Ripon / 910 / 4-1 / 7-3
Orestimba / 844 / 7-0 / 10-0
Highlands / 836 / 3-2 / 6-3
Colfax / 586 / 3-2 / 8-2
Capital Christian / 444 / 5-0 / 7-3
Bear River / 650 / 2-3 / 7-3

Division 6

Escalon / 821 / 3-2 / 5-5
Hilmar / 666 / 2-3 / 5-5
Summerville / 591 / 4-2 / 8-2
Gustine / 585 / 6-1 / 8-2
Western Sierra / 563 / 3-1 / 8-2
Mariposa County / 537 / 4-3 / 5-5
Rio Vista / 371 / 4-1 / 7-3
Modesto Christian / 137 / 5-0 / 6-4

Division 7

Bradshaw Christian / 348 / 5-0 / 7-3
Big Valley Christian / 197 / 4-1 / 9-1
Ripon Christian / 195 / 5-2 / 7-3
Woodland Christian / 191 / 4-0 / 8-1
Stone Ridge Christian / 149 / 5-0 / 9-1
Brookside Christian / 113 / 3-2 / 5-4

Last edited:
Question: If they are going by School Enrollment, how come River City, Tracy, Downey, Granite Bay & Rocklin are not in DI. Vacaville on the Borderline of DI or DII? No Wood?

Smallest team in D1 based on enrollment is Jesuit at 2172. River City (2155), Tracy (2108), Downey (2067), Granite Bay (2037) and Rocklin (2018) are all smaller than them....Inderkum and Vacaville are in D1 because I have them winning their leagues which are D1 leagues. St. Mary's has to play in D1 because of success.....I have Wood finishing 4-5 because they are missing a game due to the fires. Had they played that week they'd be 5-5 and probably in but I don't know how the section is going to handle that. As of now, I have them finishing 4-5 and not getting in.

I have Vacaville and Vintage both finishing 4-0 in league play (they were supposed to play the week of the fires) and I gave Vacaville the #1 spot because they have a higher rating on Calpreps.

Reactions: ncscalfootball
Smallest team in D1 based on enrollment is Jesuit at 2172. River City (2155), Tracy (2108), Downey (2067), Granite Bay (2037) and Rocklin (2018) are all smaller than them....Inderkum and Vacaville are in D1 because I have them winning their leagues which are D1 leagues. St. Mary's has to play in D1 because of success.....I have Wood finishing 4-5 because they are missing a game due to the fires. Had they played that week they'd be 5-5 and probably in but I don't know how the section is going to handle that. As of now, I have them finishing 4-5 and not getting in.

I have Vacaville and Vintage both finishing 4-0 in league play (they were supposed to play the week of the fires) and I gave Vacaville the #1 spot because they have a higher rating on Calpreps.
Inderkum league is d3

Kinda of sad that Vintage is winning and both them & Vaca dont meet because this is the last time they will see each other. I just dont see why the SJS dont push it back a week so they can play like the teams from the NCS & CCS did? Wud like more info on this

Here is my latest breakdown after last weeks games. Team / Enrollment / League Record / Overall Record.....

Again, these are just predictions based on ratings in Calpreps....The 5-5 teams that are in are based on opponent win totals as of right now. If you notice any mistakes let me know.

Really good job projecting the qualifiers. Now to place them in rankings so that the debate can really begin.

I did note a few things:
River City should be in D1 and Inderkum should be in D2 due to their enrollments. It looks like you swapped them.
I don't think Pitman makes the playoffs with 5 wins. Their opponent win totals are very low (I project 42 opponent wins).
I think McClatchy will make the playoffs with 5 wins and will be placed in D1 (projected 46 opponent wins)
I don't think Whitney is eligible for the playoffs in 2017. The section website does not list this on their sanctions page, but I heard that the appeal has been denied.
I think Laguna Creek will make the playoffs with 5 wins and be placed in D2 (projected 50 opponent wins)

Kinda of sad that Vintage is winning and both them & Vaca dont meet because this is the last time they will see each other. I just dont see why the SJS dont push it back a week so they can play like the teams from the NCS & CCS did? Wud like more info on this

In order to do what you suggest, the SJS would have to skip the first round of the playoffs since the SJS playoffs consume every week between week 10 and the regional games. Other sections have bye weeks in their playoffs. In the NCS, I think UofDLS plays only 2 games in 4 weeks to win their Open while the SJS D1 champion will play 4 games in those same 4 weeks.

But to do what you suggest would mean that half of the the playoff teams from D1, D2, and D3 would not be able to play due to the loss of the week. The odds of the SJS doing that in order to settle a league title is really nil.. And the MEL could have made the call to move the games that were cancelled to week 9 or week 10. In that way, they could have the Vaca-Vintage head-to-head game. But they chose not to do it.

Really good job projecting the qualifiers. Now to place them in rankings so that the debate can really begin.

I did note a few things:
River City should be in D1 and Inderkum should be in D2 due to their enrollments. It looks like you swapped them.
I don't think Pitman makes the playoffs with 5 wins. Their opponent win totals are very low (I project 42 opponent wins).
I think McClatchy will make the playoffs with 5 wins and will be placed in D1 (projected 46 opponent wins)
I don't think Whitney is eligible for the playoffs in 2017. The section website does not list this on their sanctions page, but I heard that the appeal has been denied.
I think Laguna Creek will make the playoffs with 5 wins and be placed in D2 (projected 50 opponent wins)

Fixed Inderkum and have them in D2 now (Had the Tri County and Tri City mixed up). As far as the 5-5 teams go I went off of opponent wins as of right now. If Whitney doesn't get in the I have Laguna Creek getting in. As of now Pitmans opponents have 37 wins. Laguna Creek is at 37, Oakmont is at 35 and Central Valley is at 34. They are the lowest of the 5-5 teams.

McClatchy and Laguna Creek play each other this week. If Laguna Creek wins they more than likely will be 5-5 and could get in. There's no way they both get in though because they play each other. McClatchy plays Sacramento in week 10 so they will more than likely lose that game. Bottom line....

If McClatchy beats Laguna Creek and loses to Sac, they will be 5-5 while Laguna Creek will be 4-6. McClatchy possibly gets in and Laguna Creek Out.

If Laguna Creek wins, they more than likely beat Johnson as well in Week 10 and they will be 5-5 but McClatchy will then finish 4-6 and they'll be out. This could be and win and you're in game for both teams. If McClatchy loses they will have to pull off a monster upset in week 10 vs. Sac to have a chance.

I swapped out Whitney for Laguna Creek in the D2 bracket.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT