ADVERTISEMENT

SJS Rankings Article

Uh. Apparently, Joe Davidson only covers the North SJS. You might want to change the title of your post. Else, its just fake news.

However, I agree ... to be the best, you have to beat the best.

Agreed! Joe Davidson only covers the North Part of SJS & mostly Sacramento & Surrounding Counties!

Uh. Apparently, Joe Davidson only covers the North SJS. You might want to change the title of your post. Else, its just fake news.

He's just trying to drum up excitement for the high school football season. His readers are primarily in Sacramento. Take it with a grain of salt. These types of articles do tend to piss people off because they are rarely well researched....players in position battles in particular. But, hey, its added incentive for the guy who was overlooked by the writer.

Last edited:

He writes what sells. And the north sells. The rest is fake news. It's not a hit on anybody.

This year should be fun!

Last edited:
Wow- Jesuit at #2?

The Marauder defense has not been stellar under Blanton- maybe it will be better this year?
Go Big Red

Wow, Woodcreek a bubble team, yes fake news

I think they could be a lot better than last year. Those kids have been spending a lot of time in the weight room in the offseason. I think the new QB is going to be pretty effective in their offense. They did suffer quite a few transfers a year ago (Del Oro, Rocklin and Granite Bay). Seems that they are regrouping. Depth could be a real issue.

Its a guess right now. Nobody really knows. The solid programs are that for a reason. Nice to see Jesuit back in the top 10. Nothing like playing a Saturday day game down in Carmichael at 1pm when its 100 degrees.

We had Oak Ridge as the No. 2 team in the Sacramento area for these reasons:

Pedigree built over the past few years as the second best team behind Folsom (I think they have moved past Del Oro)

Returning QB and a D1 lineman to add to a program that produces quality depth.

We ranked Granite Bay and Jesuit Top 20 in NorCal, but I think they should start behind Oak Ridge until proven otherwise.

Its a guess right now. Nobody really knows. The solid programs are that for a reason. Nice to see Jesuit back in the top 10. Nothing like playing a Saturday day game down in Carmichael at 1pm when its 100 degrees.

Is the new field still slippery for all the players?

It's okay. After coaches input, Calpreps preliminary rankings are in with Folsom #1 and St. Mary's modestly at #2, mainly because St. Mary's TCAL league is so weak and Folsom's SFL is the strongest league in NorCal. Kudos to Folsom on being ranked #1 in SJS by Calpreps and Joe Davidson. None of it really matters until they play on the field and the season is over. Hoping they meet again. Always fun!

It's the Sacramento Bee's rankings, not the SJS's rankings. It never said it was. Those other teams are not from this area, they're from Stockton and beyond. They don't count for the Sacramento area! The other schools, in Placer county, have always been included in Sacbee's area.

There is nothing fake about St. Marys and Oakdale......We shall see soon enough..
We shall see? Who? Roseville? Where are all the Roseville teams!?

Don't worry- we have plenty of room in the bleachers at our stadium. You and bulldogmgc can share some kettle corn on the visitor side.

56-25 ... yep, that was fake. Lol.

Remember, who said it .. "to be the best, you have to beat the best." For SJS, mission accomplished. All I can say, "Stand in line."

Don't worry- we have plenty of room in the bleachers at our stadium. You and bulldogmgc can share some kettle corn on the visitor side.
http://www.sacbee.com/sports/high-school/joe-davidson/article167409317.html

Interesting article by the bee. If you want to be the best, beat the best.

Have to agree with you FolsomBullDog. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And this is one reason I am glad that Oakdale scheduled Folsom. Folsom is one of the best teams in NorCal. Oakdale will know how good they really are come September 8th... Have to say, although Oakdale has had much success in the last decade, I was pleasantly surprised that Folsom, a D1 school agreed to play Oakdale-D3. And have to agree with WWH44, their is nothing fake about Oakdale. Oakdale runs hard and will ground and pound all 4 qtrs. No matter the outcome it's going to be quite the showdown at the Corral.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog

You mean it is a long line behind DLS.....I think you are smarting from the arse whooping ya'll recieved...Keep dodging them and you'll never know!

Have to agree with you FolsomBullDog. If you want to be the best you have to beat the best. And this is one reason I am glad that Oakdale scheduled Folsom. Folsom is one of the best teams in NorCal. Oakdale will know how good they really are come September 8th... Have to say, although Oakdale has had much success in the last decade, I was pleasantly surprised that Folsom, a D1 school agreed to play Oakdale-D3. And have to agree with WWH44, their is nothing fake about Oakdale. Oakdale runs hard and will ground and pound all 4 qtrs. No matter the outcome it's going to be quite the showdown at the Corral.
I wasn't trying to imply there was anything fake about Oakdale. I actually love their program and have attended games. They are a great team. I just like to poke fun at a few people on here that hunt me on every thread I post on. Between Bulldogmgc and WWHS, I don't know who I irk more! lol. It's pretty funny.

I would not discount Oak Ridge this year. They have a lot of kids back and a 3 year starting QB. The gap with them and folsom is very thin. Razor to be precise. OR was suppose to do nothing last year and finished 10-3 and lost to Folsom by 1. I would not be surprised if they won the SFL.

I would not discount Oak Ridge this year. They have a lot of kids back and a 3 year starting QB. The gap with them and folsom is very thin. Razor to be precise. OR was suppose to do nothing last year and finished 10-3 and lost to Folsom by 1. I would not be surprised if they won the SFL.
I love Oak Ridge. They are legit.

You mean it is a long line behind DLS.....I think you are smarting from the arse whooping ya'll recieved...Keep dodging them and you'll never know!
To TheFolsomBulldog's defense, I believe he was only referring to the SJS section. But, I do believe you are correct in pointing out his smarting from the arse whooping he and his team received. Only it was just last year by the reigning SJS D1 section champions. Btw, do you like kettle corn? I don't. Lol.

Me either. I give the edge to Oak Ridge winning the SFL this year, just as Cal-HiSports has shared, as well.

To TheFolsomBulldog's defense, I believe he was only referring to the SJS section. But, I do believe you are correct in pointing out his smarting from the arse whooping he and his team received. Only it was just last year by the reigning SJS D1 section champions. Btw, do you like kettle corn? I don't. Lol.
As a matter of fact, I was eating kettle corn on the visitors exit side 2 years ago when I filmed you and what you were doing/saying walking out of Prairie City Stadium. Like this post if you want me to post the video.

Warning- It is of a very graphic nature.

Reactions: feedback1
A.) If you read the article, Joe basically mocks everyone spouting excuses on here. Almost verbatim with the "nobody respects us" and recognizing the futility and uselessness of pre-season rankings etc.
B.) It's always fun to hear the attacks from teams in areas beyond the Sac Bee's readership target. I suppose the Saskatchewan Rough Riders are upset with KCRA for the "lack of respect" they get also.
C.) Always equally fun to hear the parochial schools pound their chest in proclaiming their "dominance" despite the fact that it all depends on their recruiting class. When the foundation of your team is only accessible after freshman orientation, it's a little different than the communitys that can watch a group play together and improve over a decade.

....but shout on, its much easier than actually taking a close look at specifics and it's the "in" thing to do, just watch the news!

C.) Always equally fun to hear the parochial schools pound their chest in proclaiming their "dominance" despite the fact that it all depends on their recruiting class. When the foundation of your team is only accessible after freshman orientation, it's a little different than the communitys that can watch a group play together and improve over a decade.

Yes. Yes. Yes.

Tommy Douglas aka. TheFolsomBulldog @ Folsom Bulldog practice ... What a fan!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT