ADVERTISEMENT

So you want to be an FBI agent?

Rmbr26

Hall of Famer
Sep 25, 2004
After hearing this on the news I thought anyone in athletics especially track would get a chuckle out of this.

It seems in recent years with the FBI concentrating a large amount of their time & resources on cyber-crime, that too many agents have gotten overweight & out of shape. Therefore the FBI has announced it is going to start having the agents meet the mandatory athletic requirements used in the past to evaluate their condition & verify its agents are in good shape. Now if you go to the FBI website it will show times in which to pass each test, but not the minimums which were shown on the news this morning.

OK, are you ready?

1] Agents have 1-minute to complete a minimum of 25 sit-ups.

2] Agents have 1-minute to complete a minimum of 11 push-ups [yes - I said eleven]

3] 300 Meter Sprint: Agents must run in under 86 seconds [umm, if you walk fast you can do that??].

4] Must complete a 1-mile run in under 15-minutes, 56 seconds [or approx. 4 min. per 1/4 mile = 1 minute per 100 yards]

I think the FBI really needs to recruit some Navy Seals badly if they're not sure some of its agents can pass the above.

This post was edited on 4/8 2:08 PM by Rmbr26

Funny - got this picture of a G-Man (Elliot Ness) when FBI is announced, but in today's age - cyber crime (domestic and foreign based) is a global threat.

Can't make it to hard, the "other" gender has to be able to pass the requirments.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT