OnBall8

Hall of Famer
Dec 16, 2012
From the WCAL:

Mitty killed MA - 80-35
Pres lost to ND Belmont - 39-36

Mountain View vs SF - ?
SI vs Palo Alto - ?

Anyone know the scores to these games or any other sportsmanship games that have happened?

From the WCAL:

Mitty killed MA - 80-35
Pres lost to ND Belmont - 39-36

Mountain View vs SF - ?
SI vs Palo Alto - ?

Anyone know the scores to these games or any other sportsmanship games that have happened?
Salesian 68 Castro Valley 58 Foundation Game, very close game with Salesian pulling away in final minutes.

Branham 64 - Harbor 34

Gunderson 41 - Del Mar 28

Leigh 41 - Half Moon Bay 38

Mission 62 - Oceana 18

Homestead 34 - Lincoln 28

Los Altos 41 - Overfelt 30

Wilcox 38 - Westmont 28

Live Oak 35 - Lincoln 32

Branham 64 - Harbor 34

Gunderson 41 - Del Mar 28

Leigh 41 - Half Moon Bay 38

Mission 62 - Oceana 18

Homestead 34 - Lincoln 28

Los Altos 41 - Overfelt 30

Wilcox 38 - Westmont 28

Live Oak 35 - Lincoln 32

Lincoln lost twice?

These foundation games are nothing more than scrimmages with a score kept. They do not count towards your overall record and are not used in post season talk. They are money makers for the sections as admission is charged. I would think most coaches are not necessarily playing to win. But I could also assume that some coaches are.

These foundation games are nothing more than scrimmages with a score kept. They do not count towards your overall record and are not used in post season talk. They are money makers for the sections as admission is charged. I would think most coaches are not necessarily playing to win. But I could also assume that some coaches are.
It is definitely difficult to tell who played to win and who didn't. But I would guess that the close games were probably played all out in the last few minutes. I think the blowouts are a tad telling though. For example the AM vs MA game.. I would think that even if MA wasn't "playing to win" that 50 points is hard to make up simply by trying. So that could mean that MA may not be the ccs open team of last year, or that the top of the ccs open is really that separated from the bottom half like respect stated on a previous thread.
Probably hard to take away anything from the BOD/C-let game, unless you were there.

Malia Mastora, Zhane Duckett and Sophie Nilsson played well for SJND.

Clair Steele played well for Miramonte.

It is definitely difficult to tell who played to win and who didn't. But I would guess that the close games were probably played all out in the last few minutes. I think the blowouts are a tad telling though. For example the AM vs MA game.. I would think that even if MA wasn't "playing to win" that 50 points is hard to make up simply by trying. So that could mean that MA may not be the ccs open team of last year, or that the top of the ccs open is really that separated from the bottom half like respect stated on a previous thread.
Probably hard to take away anything from the BOD/C-let game, unless you were there.

OnBall8,

Being there I thought there was quite a bit to take away from the game. One take I got was this was two pretty good teams.
First off you really have to credit coach Malik and his girls for a really good game plan and effort.Bishop O'Dowd looked to be in mid season form.They set the tone early (intensity) and carried the momentum. Then fought off every run. The team that wanted it most came out on top.
Carondelet was working with three new starters, and a new rotation, and definitely have a few things to work on.

Last edited:
OnBall8,

Being there I thought there was quite a bit to take away from the game. One take I got was this was two pretty good teams.
First off you really have to credit coach Malik and his girls for a really good game plan and effort.Bishop O'Dowd looked to be in mid season form.They set the tone early (intensity) and carried the momentum. Then fought off every run. The team that wanted it most came out on top.
Carondelet was working with three new starters and a new rotation and definitely have a few things to work on.
Thanks for the insight! All stuff that can't be seen from a score for a foundation game. Sounds like both teams went for the win then. Gives a decent gauge for the start of the season. Will be interesting to see what BOD vs AM brings next week.

Actually the Foundation Game does count on your overall record in some sections, ours being one of them.

Actually the Foundation Game does count on your overall record in some sections, ours being one of them.

Why would you play it then? The benefit in the CCS and NCS is that it is a free scrimmage. Doesn't count toward game limit or scrimmage limit.

A chance for a team to play against someone good and not worry about getting beat, but more worry about seeing where you need to improve against a good defensive or offensive team.

Why would you play it? Because it's an extra game. 29 contacts instead of 28. We host a very talented mix of teams for our scrimmage. But the first game is always different intensity, execution, nerves, anxiety, etc. Great to get another game under our belts.

Why would you play it? Because it's an extra game. 29 contacts instead of 28. We host a very talented mix of teams for our scrimmage. But the first game is always different intensity, execution, nerves, anxiety, etc. Great to get another game under our belts.

CW, would you rather have that foundation game not count towards your game count or record? Basically and extra scrimmage or free game? How many scrimmages are you allowed to have in your section, how about an alumni game? I think game limits in CCS and NCS are less than 28.

OnBall8,

Carondelet was working with three new starters, and a new rotation, and definitely have a few things to work on.

Hard to know what was on both coaches mind. Or whether they were both doing everything they could do to win. I think both were not willing to just roll over and be the others doormat. It was a good game. But the rotation(s) may have been a bit different on both sides if the game was played in December or March for that matter. Not to take anything away from Bishop O'Dowd's victory. Because if they played with the same type of intensity, and that level wasn't matched, they could present a problem no matter what month the game was played.

CW, would you rather have that foundation game not count towards your game count or record? Basically and extra scrimmage or free game? How many scrimmages are you allowed to have in your section, how about an alumni game? I think game limits in CCS and NCS are less than 28.
We are only allowed one scrimmage in our section. The Foundation Game proceeds go directly to CIF. If we don't play it, we get 28 games. If we do, we get 29. I am always in favor of a game over a scrimmage. So much more to learn and apply IMO.

Reactions: alwayslearning

M-A lost an awful lot of talent from last year's unit. The Bears don't figure to be nearly as deep and talented. It's important to note that, once they lost the two Kalahi sisters in mid-January last season, they were significantly diminished as well. M-A is back to a relatively normal CCS public school roster, with Hoyem still an active kid in the middle.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT