ADVERTISEMENT

St. Mary's - Stockton vs Mater Dei @ Levi's Stadium

MD 38 SM 7 Half
MD hits a FG with time running out at the half. SM is being dominated. Am signing out.

Hey, at least the Rams actually scored in the 1st half and made one stop on defense. Didn't think they'd be able to maintain a long drive, but they did.

Mater Dei defense against the rush is as good as expected. Rams have not been able run against the Monarchs. But, surprised that Aponte has made some improvement throwing the ball.

BTW, two key LB's for Monarchs went down in this game. Rams aren't afraid to hit, even when on offense.

Rams were quite intimidated early on, the field, the opponent. But, not too disappointed that they were able to move the ball in the air and score against the #1 team in the country.

Btw. Enjoying working the chains for this game. Great experience being on this field where the Niners play.

Reactions: bella123
Hey, at least the Rams actually scored in the 1st half and made one stop on defense. Didn't think they'd be able to maintain a long drive, but they did.

Good for the Rams. Bergen Catholics offense didn't score until the final minutes of the game. And the was on MD's 2nd string.

Despite not having a true QB tonight, the Rams represented on the scoreboard better than Bergen Catholic, NJ. ;)

Nobody expect it to me close. No surprise. Remember, this is the same Rams team that lost to Central Catholic 2 weeks ago, despite having won 6 of the past 8 against the Raiders. Can't beat a D3 team, albeit a very good on, then you can't hang with the Nations #1 team.

But as I said, they still played a closer game than Bergen Catholic despite playing Marcus Aponte out of position at QB.

Dusty Frampton did not return to play in the second half due to a concussion. He was not a factor against the Monarchs elite run defense. With the QB sacks, I'm guessing the Rams had negative yards on the ground. The Rams D did a fairly good job vs Mater Dei running game. JT Daniels was awesome! Looking forward to the MD vs SJB game. These two teams are just on a different level than St. Mary's.

Dusty Frampton did not return to play in the second half due to a concussion. He was not a factor against the Monarchs elite run defense. With the QB sacks, I'm guessing the Rams had negative yards on the ground. The Rams D did a fairly good job vs Mater Dei running game. JT Daniels was awesome! Looking forward to the MD vs SJB game. These two teams are just on a different level than St. Mary's.
No shame in losing to these two teams they are on a different level than most of the country

Mater Dei is on a completely different level. But, big kudos to SM's Tre Jenkins who proved in this game that he could play with the big boys on both sides of the ball. During one play, Mater Dei's LB tried to take Jenkins down. The hit was pretty vicious, but Tre stood standing while the Monarch LB fell to the ground and found himself on the sideline for the rest of the game. Tre Jenkins #22 is one tough football player!

Agree! No shame is losing to Mater Dei this year or SJB last year.

Despite the blowout loss, the Rams will be ready for SJS playoffs. Trust me!

Reactions: ThunderRam
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT