ADVERTISEMENT

Sutter Vs Half Moon Bay

farmair3

Sports Fanatic
Nov 25, 2012
Just learned that Sutter will travel to Half Moon Bay next Sat @ 6 PM in the 3A game

Should be a great game. HMB seems to be a top 4 team in CCS. The Sutter QB really knows what he us doing, He's a coach on the field and makes great decisions is mobile and throws well.

Surprised Sutter is travelling again after getting shafted playing at The Corral last year.

Sutter getting no respect. Going on the road again. Should be a good game.

HMB wins by 14. Sutter has played two quality teams all year and one was the loss to Orem and a win at Chico. BVL was very weak this year and playoff games were against weak Northern opponents. Sutter has several pluses; no two way players they will wear you down. Players have been together since pee wee. Coaching staff is always good and prepared. With that said I like HMB at home by two touchdowns.

Reactions: GLeague and GOTF
Sutter getting no respect. Going on the road again. Should be a good game.
They lost last year at Oakdale. Exactly how much respect should they be getting? They're the #2 NorCal seed in D-3A.

I think the 7-point win over Chico should concern Sutter fans. HMB beat a lot of teams like Chico this year by multiple scores.

That said, I still think this is a toss-up game, perhaps the best of the NorCal regionals.

Reactions: GLeague and GOTF
For some perspective, HMB beat a very strong, big, physical Menlo-Atherton team which features at least six Division I talents on its roster. That one was the big eye-opener for a lot of us. M-A's size and multiple athletes did not intimidate or disrupt the HMB approach. They took care of business and dispatched the Bears with aplomb.

Reactions: GLeague
A pleasant culinary tip for the followers of Sutter football who may plan to make the long trek to the coastal community of Half Moon Bay on Saturday evening: Bring a bib and get to the Coastside early and check out Pillar Point Harbor and environs for fresh Dungeness crab, warm french bread and white win. You then can happily burp your way back up the hill to the lair of the Cougars for the 6 p.m. kickoff. Win or lose, you won't be hungry.

Last edited:
Reactions: FormerD1Backer
Sutter’s lone lose came to Orem (34-18) who is the 4A state champ of Utah, also ranked 124th nationally. The same Orem team that dismantled a Central Section heavy Bakersfield 63-28. The same Orem team that has more college bound players than you can count on 2 hands! Before you start saying how much respect should they get (they lost to Oakdale last year) remember that’s the same Sutter team that smacked the CC beloved Palma last year. All keyboard warriors to the side, the cream will rise to the top Saturday night.

Should be a relatively even game. Sutter with that QB runs the Wing T really well. HMB when they get going is very tough to rein in the offense with the balance. I wouldn't put an early season loss to the Utah team as how string this Sutter team is. I assume they are very good having seen some of their key players play a couple years ago, but they like HMB have had some mediocre games you would think they would win by bigger margins. HMB schedule overall was stronger. Looks like both teams will be relatively evenly matched with senior leadership. Could be a relatively high scoring on both sides in the 30s...with HMB a slight favorite. The team that shows up the most will win it.

Sutter’s lone lose came to Orem (34-18) who is the 4A state champ of Utah, also ranked 124th nationally. The same Orem team that dismantled a Central Section heavy Bakersfield 63-28. The same Orem team that has more college bound players than you can count on 2 hands! Before you start saying how much respect should they get (they lost to Oakdale last year) remember that’s the same Sutter team that smacked the CC beloved Palma last year. All keyboard warriors to the side, the cream will rise to the top Saturday night.
I was at the Palma game. Palma varsity was spent by the time they got to the game in Sutter I believe 40 minutes before the game. They had mechanical problem with their bus and it must have been 100 degrees and they basically melted after a quick start. No doubt Sutter was the better team that day and I also think Palma came in over confident because of the year earlier. It was a learning experience. Sutter really executes well and they can't be discounted, but I also think this HMB team is a top 4 CCS team at this stage of the season. Although they can play inconsistent at times in a game but then explode. I think this will be a very good game of two evenly matched teams.

Reactions: colhenrylives
A pleasant culinary tip for the followers of Sutter football who may plan to make the long trek to the coastal community of Half Moon Bay on Saturday evening: Bring a bib and get to the Coastside early and check out Pillar Point Harbor and environs for fresh Dungeness crab, warm french bread and white win. You then can happily burp your way back up the hill to the lair of the Cougars for the 6 p.m. kickoff. Win or lose, you won't be hungry.
Not to mention Sam's Chowder House. Love their food. the lobster roll,
chapino, & paella ,mmmm 4210 North Cabrillo off Hwy of Hwy 1 in HMB
http://www.samschowderhouse.com/index.php

Reactions: colhenrylives

Burp to us too. Was that a freudian slip = " a white win"

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
Not to mention Sam's Chowder House. Love their food. the lobster roll,
chapino, & paella ,mmmm 4210 North Cabrillo off Hwy of Hwy 1 in HMB
http://www.samschowderhouse.com/index.php

Yes had lunch with friends at Sam's Chowderhouse yesterday and everything was good - excellent fish & chips, soft shell crab sandwich, shrimp & crab salad and fried seafood platter - not to mention the chowder of course.

Others near by that are good: Main St. just below the high school: "Sacriledge Brewery & Kitchen" micro brews & good burgers/sandwiches [less expensive than "Half Moon Bay Brewing Company also on Main St], "Pasta Moon" nice restaurant but more $$,
and "Mirramar Beach Restaurant" about 2 miles north of the high school right on the beach.
Colhenry mentioned Pillar Point Harbor 3-miles up road & "Meza Luna" is good, but more formal like Pasta Moon.

Yes had lunch with friends at Sam's Chowderhouse yesterday and everything was good - excellent fish & chips, soft shell crab sandwich, shrimp & crab salad and fried seafood platter - not to mention the chowder of course.

Others near by that are good: Main St. just below the high school: "Sacriledge Brewery & Kitchen" micro brews & good burgers/sandwiches [less expensive than "Half Moon Bay Brewing Company also on Main St], "Pasta Moon" nice restaurant but more $$,
and "Mirramar Beach Restaurant" about 2 miles north of the high school right on the beach.
Colhenry mentioned Pillar Point Harbor 3-miles up road & "Meza Luna" is good, but more formal like Pasta Moon.
Thanks Rmb26, you're well versed in your HMB Eats... Good to know and thanks for sharing.. I'll definitely jot those places down for future spots to visit. Yummmmm.

Last edited:
Reactions: Rmbr26
I watched this group of HMB kids beat Carmel as Sophomores for the CCS title, and not surprised to see what they have done since. Sutter has a great squad too, so I think this matchup will be close but still think HMB gets the W by a score of 34-28.

Reactions: GOTF
So if HMB wins (no guarantee, of course), the Cougars would host a state bowl game. If so, it seems very doubtful that the school's small football facility would do the hosting. Something bigger, perhaps College of San Mateo, Sequoia High or Burlingame High, would be a CIF choice. The last time the Peninsula hosted a state championship football game (and that's what it was in those ancient days before the advent of TV, email, cellphones and Al Franken), San Mateo played, and defeated, Covina at Burlingame's new field in 1926. Newspaper accounts indicate that attendance was about 9,000. I missed that contest. My Model-T broke down at Uncle Tom's Cabin on El Camino Real in San Bruno heading south.

So if HMB wins (no guarantee, of course), the Cougars would host a state bowl game.
How did you come to that conclusion? My understanding is all games held outside of Sac. State will be in the SoCal area, so if HMB were to win how do they get to host the SBG.

I've heard the same but I REALLY LIKE YOUR ANGLE COLHENRY keep suggesting that. BTW you going to be here Saturday?

What ? Come on man..... the rental bleachers are going in should be complete by morning , extra parking secured no rain in the forecast WERE ALL GOOD !

So if HMB wins (no guarantee, of course), the Cougars would host a state bowl game. If so, it seems very doubtful that the school's small football facility would do the hosting. Something bigger, perhaps College of San Mateo, Sequoia High or Burlingame High, would be a CIF choice. The last time the Peninsula hosted a state championship football game (and that's what it was in those ancient days before the advent of TV, email, cellphones and Al Franken), San Mateo played, and defeated, Covina at Burlingame's new field in 1926. Newspaper accounts indicate that attendance was about 9,000. I missed that contest. My Model-T broke down at Uncle Tom's Cabin on El Camino Real in San Bruno heading south.
colhenrylives, last year McClymonds played La Jolla Country Day on their school field in the state championship game so anything is possible.

colhenrylives, last year McClymonds played La Jolla Country Day on their school field in the state championship game so anything is possible.
The McClymonds/La Jolla game was in SoCal at La Jolla's field. All 8 lower division games, that are not played at Sac State, are played at or near the SoCal Regional winners field.

My enthusiasm has been reduced significantly. But life goes on. Thanks for the clarification. Your expertise is much appreciated. Merry Christmas. Or happy Winter Solstice.

Reactions: PhotoGuy_271
First time to see HMB play - I'm surprised at their smashmouth offense. I expected them to be use more of a finesse offense. Sutter is struggling to find their place in this game. HMB 14-0

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT