ADVERTISEMENT

THE DFAL FOOTHILL LEAGUE

Bluedog2

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 24, 2007
Las Lomas and Concord have moved to the DFAL Valley league from the Foothill League and Alhambra has moved to the Foothill league to join Acalanes, Miramonte Clayton Valley and Campolindo,there seems to be one or two more teams moving to the Foothill League, but I haven't heard who if any are they???

Las Lomas and Concord have moved to the DFAL Valley league from the Foothill League and Alhambra has moved to the Foothill league to join Acalanes, Miramonte Clayton Valley and Campolindo,there seems to be one or two more teams moving to the Foothill League, but I haven't heard who if any are they???
Northgate

I think this is really bad for Alhambra. I have been told that 4 or 5 players have already left. The coaching there is the worst in the Bay Area. The coaches son is the starting QB because of daddy. I have heard him referred to as the “golden child” by some and “the chosen one” by others. Daddy has ran from competition in past years but now there’s no where to run. It’s unfortunate that the powers that be can’t see that. If my son went there I’d be pissed.

I think this is really bad for Alhambra. I have been told that 4 or 5 players have already left. The coaching there is the worst in the Bay Area. The coaches son is the starting QB because of daddy. I have heard him referred to as the “golden child” by some and “the chosen one” by others. Daddy has ran from competition in past years but now there’s no where to run. It’s unfortunate that the powers that be can’t see that. If my son went there I’d be pissed.
It sure looks like Aaron Hern will QB the Bulldogs for 2018 and Paton Litle will backup, plus the JV QB from a 10-0 JV team will move up and maybe we will see a change. Alhambra will be a running team with 210 pound Daniel Boyd at 5-9 and built like a fire plug will be shared with a new comer which will give the Bulldogs a powerful running game. BUT over at Northgate, Jack Fulp will be back at QB and this guy can pass as well as run., so the Bronco's will be a challenger to Clayton Valley,but I don't see any body causing any trouble for the Eagles....Campolindo looses their QB as does Acalanes and Miramonte, so we will have to see how each team develops for the 2018 campaign. So the DFAL Foothill league looks like this....Clayton Valley, Northgate Campolindo,
Acalanes,Miramonte and Alhambra.

It sure looks like Aaron Hern will QB the Bulldogs for 2018 and Paton Litle will backup, plus the JV QB from a 10-0 JV team will move up and maybe we will see a change. Alhambra will be a running team with 210 pound Daniel Boyd at 5-9 and built like a fire plug will be shared with a new comer which will give the Bulldogs a powerful running game. BUT over at Northgate, Jack Fulp will be back at QB and this guy can pass as well as run., so the Bronco's will be a challenger to Clayton Valley,but I don't see any body causing any trouble for the Eagles....Campolindo looses their QB as does Acalanes and Miramonte, so we will have to see how each team develops for the 2018 campaign. So the DFAL Foothill league looks like this....Clayton Valley, Northgate Campolindo,
Acalanes,Miramonte and Alhambra.
I’m told Little is gone. My cousin said he asked the coach if he could compete for QB and the coach told him NO. Boyd is a sr. So they won’t have him. In 2016 I saw the JV team play and thought they had two really fast, good running backs. #2 & #5. Last year I did not see them. Any word on what happened to them? It’s really sad because I remember a time when the bulldogs were feared. But know they are so unprepared they are going to get hurt in this new league.

I’m told Little is gone. My cousin said he asked the coach if he could compete for QB and the coach told him NO. Boyd is a sr. So they won’t have him. In 2016 I saw the JV team play and thought they had two really fast, good running backs. #2 & #5. Last year I did not see them. Any word on what happened to them? It’s really sad because I remember a time when the bulldogs were feared. But know they are so unprepared they are going to get hurt in this new league.
Little was a pretty good QB and did not get a fair chance, when he did get in he did o.k....I thought Boyd was Jr, in any case, there is a Freshman moving up who is very big, strong and quick to take over for Boyd or to supplement him. I hope they don't waste him. The two running backs you mention will be back and they are very fast, plus a freshmanwho is extremely fast, so Alhambra will be well armed, lets hope that this team will be well guided
And you are right, there was a time when the Bulldogs were feared, those days are long gone...

The biggest problem in the DFAL league is Clayton Valley Charter. CVC has no business playing any football games in this league. They should be moved out of the DFAL and placed in either the BVAL or the EBAL. And if CVC doesn’t like that decision, too bad, we all know CVC is skirting the rules to be in the DFAL so they can pad there Won-Loss record for a potential every year selection in the playoffs.

Reactions: Calispectator
The biggest problem in the DFAL league is Clayton Valley Charter. CVC has no business playing any football games in this league. They should be moved out of the DFAL and placed in either the BVAL or the EBAL. And if CVC doesn’t like that decision, too bad, we all know CVC is skirting the rules to be in the DFAL so they can pad there Won-Loss record for a potential every year selection in the playoffs.

The EBAL is full now with 10 teams. CVC is a better fit for the BVAL and they are much closer to the BVAL teams than most of the EBAL. It would make sense to place them in the BVAL just for football.

Reactions: DelValleTrojan
The EBAL is full now with 10 teams. CVC is a better fit for the BVAL and they are much closer to the BVAL teams than most of the EBAL. It would make sense to place them in the BVAL just for football.

The BVAL does not want them. CVC tried to enter the league a couple of years ago but Principals & AD's said no. I heard this from a couple of sources.

The BVAL does not want them. CVC tried to enter the league a couple of years ago but Principals & AD's said no. I heard this from a couple of sources.
Well...If that's the case, then CVC should go Independent as should DLS...Both teams have been sacking team after team but this year we could see DLS up against the wall and by local teams....maybe.....

They didn't want DLS either, and eventually got rid of them (Not that the EBAL petitioned to have them either). They really need to suck it up and bring in CVC for the good of NCS football. They have no business in the DFAL.

They didn't want DLS either, and eventually got rid of them (Not that the EBAL petitioned to have them either). They really need to suck it up and bring in CVC for the good of NCS football. They have no business in the DFAL.

Could not agree more. All D1 schools. Only way to state is threw each other. Would love to see CVC play Freedom, Antioch, & PITT in recent years.

Great rivalries would develop through yearly games.

Toss in DLS & you are really talking.

Little was a pretty good QB and did not get a fair chance, when he did get in he did o.k....I thought Boyd was Jr, in any case, there is a Freshman moving up who is very big, strong and quick to take over for Boyd or to supplement him. I hope they don't waste him. The two running backs you mention will be back and they are very fast, plus a freshmanwho is extremely fast, so Alhambra will be well armed, lets hope that this team will be well guided
And you are right, there was a time when the Bulldogs were feared, those days are long gone...
GUYS...Lets back up a bit....Acalanes,Miramonte and Campolindo dohave up comingQB's to fill the shoes.
Acalanes has a soph. Nick Kresnak to take over for Robby Rowell ad this kid has an arm...Miramonte has twokids to step in at QB in Meredith at 6-4 and Fraiser at 6-5.Just what you need to be able to look over todays big linemen..And what about Campolndo will led by 6ft Westphal and Windatt., so every team in the DFAL Foothill will be well armed to try and stop CVC...

The Bulldogs are in big trouble. The coaching is horrible. And because of the hole DADDY ball thing going on there, players are either leaving or done playing. JV qb is done, Little, Radke, and 4 others gone. There big reciever Hammer is done. They have one good coach on there staff and I'm hearing that he's leaving also. Unfortunately the administration won't do anything about it. This is "golden boys" last year. Everyone around here is hoping it's daddy's last also.

Last edited:
Reactions: 14U2ALLNV
Isn't Herm an on-campus teacher? If so can admin do anything about?

It took an incident & a lot of due process to remove the Oak Grove coach from his extra duties assignment.

The Bulldogs are in big trouble. The coaching is horrible. And because of the hole DADDY ball thing going on there, players are either leaving or done playing. JV qb is done, Little, Radke, and 4 others gone. There big reciever Hammer is done. They have one good coach on there staff and I'm hearing that he's leaving also. Unfortunately the administration won't do anything about it. This is "golden boys" last year. Everyone around here is hoping it's daddy's last also.
Hunbab.....Well it looks like several more or more kids will be saying good by, the freshman speedster that was moving up to varisty is transfering to Freedom and this kid was fast. The Bulldog football season may go down the tubs if the powers that be don't take some action....

Hunbab.....Well it looks like several more or more kids will be saying good by, the freshman speedster that was moving up to varisty is transfering to Freedom and this kid was fast. The Bulldog football season may go down the tubs if the powers that be don't take some action....[/QUOTE
So sad.

Humbab..... What is it about this coach the administration likes so much? Is it even possible to get rid of him? Let’s face it he needs to go. I feel bad for his son.

I see there sos was terrible last year. How do you think they will do next season in this new league? My opinion is they don’t win a game.
There sos is terrible every year. It goes back to what I was saying before. He is a smart guy. He single handily scheduled his "golden boy" to first team all league. Both my kids have graduated. But I still have friends whose kids go there. And I feel bad that there short football life is ruined by such bad coaching and politics.

There sos is terrible every year. It goes back to what I was saying before. He is a smart guy. He single handily scheduled his "golden boy" to first team all league. Both my kids have graduated. But I still have friends whose kids go there. And I feel bad that there short football life is ruined by such bad coaching and politics.
You also ask how I think they'll do next season. They might win a non-league game. Because daddy always schedules some cupcakes. But all bet a night with my wife they don't win a league game. She's not much to look at but she's a lot of fun. It would be worth the bet.

You also ask how I think they'll do next season. They might win a non-league game. Because daddy always schedules some cupcakes. But all bet a night with my wife they don't win a league game. She's not much to look at but she's a lot of fun. It would be worth the bet.
LMAO. Ok thanks for the info. All of it.

LMAO. Ok thanks for the info. All of it.
The Bulldogs will need all the kids that have hit the road and the balance that will to win any more then two maybe three preseason games....There is no weak spot in the DFAL Foothill so every league game will be a up hill battle just to look O.K.

The Bulldogs will need all the kids that have hit the road and the balance that will to win any more then two maybe three preseason games....There is no weak spot in the DFAL Foothill so every league game will be a up hill battle just to look O.K.
Agree

Hunbab.....Well it looks like several more or more kids will be saying good by, the freshman speedster that was moving up to varisty is transfering to Freedom and this kid was fast. The Bulldog football season may go down the tubs if the powers that be don't take some action....
They also lost Mekahi Grevis of CV before he even stepped foot on Alhambra because of the coaching staff...

They also lost Mekahi Grevis of CV before he even stepped foot on Alhambra because of the coaching staff...
I ran into a kid that played on the team this last season. He said that #2 I was asking about was Tyler. He did not play last season. The other kid #5 is Donovan. I’m told he will not play next season. Both because of the coaching. Now it may or may not be coaching. But they are either quitting or leaving the program. I also hear that the Principal is moving on. Hopefully so will daddy.

I ran into a kid that played on the team this last season. He said that #2 I was asking about was Tyler. He did not play last season. The other kid #5 is Donovan. I’m told he will not play next season. Both because of the coaching. Now it may or may not be coaching. But they are either quitting or leaving the program. I also hear that the Principal is moving on. Hopefully so will daddy.
I don't know these two personally. But I do know of them and seen them play a lot at JV. They will both be missed in a big way. The competition in this league is so much better. At this point even if they got a new coach it will take a good 3-4 years to rebuild what daddy has destroyed. It's a crying shame.

GUYS...Lets back up a bit....Acalanes,Miramonte and Campolindo dohave up comingQB's to fill the shoes.
Acalanes has a soph. Nick Kresnak to take over for Robby Rowell ad this kid has an arm...Miramonte has twokids to step in at QB in Meredith at 6-4 and Fraiser at 6-5.Just what you need to be able to look over todays big linemen..And what about Campolndo will led by 6ft Westphal and Windatt., so every team in the DFAL Foothill will be well armed to try and stop CVC...
There's also Grant Harper for Campolindo who will likely replace Torchio as starting QB

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT