ADVERTISEMENT

TOP 40 2018/2019 AAU teams not listed (FEVER ELITE PLAYERS)

northbaybbguru

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Aug 2, 2013
San Francisco Bay Area
FEVER ELITE AAU coached by Alex Carbonal (Pinewood assistant coach)...Doc comes in and helps out along with the other assistant coach Miranda.

1. Brianna Carlos PG Pinewood....SD Classic MVP who is NOT listed on 2108 Top 40...(she should be) ...FEVER ELITE

2. Maiya Flores SG Cardinal Newman...FEVER ELITE

3. Kiara Astrom F Pinewood...FEVER ELITE

4. Avery Cargill PG Cardinal Newman...NOT on Cal Storm...also on FEVER ELITE

5. Carly Leong G Palo Alto ... also on FEVER ELITE

6. Greer Hoyem F/C Menlo Atherton...FEVER ELITE (one of my favorites from last year...HOW IS SHE NOT RATED????) Seriously STREAK ONE she is a 3STAR at least!! Going to be an IVY LEAGUER...already on visits

there are more girls(St Francis, Folsom, Pinewood high schools) obviously but I don't remember their names sorry...they are in Chicago this week....

FEVER ELITE don't pass the eye test but they are sneaky good...ALOT of wins on the resume of these kids.

and TAL WEBB F Cardinal Newman is NOT playing AAU this summer...she is in KENYA doing her CBSL building schools for underprivileged.

Last edited:
Reactions: basketba11
Thank you for the info. I will change those teams.

Where is Fever Elite playing at this month?

FEVER ELITE AAU coached by Alex Carbonal (Pinewood assistant coach)...Doc comes in and helps out along with the other assistant coach Miranda.

1. Brianna Carlos PG Pinewood....SD Classic MVP who is NOT listed on 2108 Top 40...(she should be) ...FEVER ELITE

2. Maiya Flores SG Cardinal Newman...FEVER ELITE

3. Kiara Astrom F Pinewood...FEVER ELITE

4. Avery Cargill PG Cardinal Newman...NOT on Cal Storm...also on FEVER ELITE

5. Carly Leong G Palo Alto ... also on FEVER ELITE

6. Greer Hoyem F/C Menlo Atherton...FEVER ELITE (one of my favorites from last year...HOW IS SHE NOT RATED????) Seriously STREAK ONE she is a 3STAR at least!! Going to be an IVY LEAGUER...already on visits

there are more girls(St Francis, Folsom, Pinewood high schools) obviously but I don't remember their names sorry...they are in Chicago this week....

FEVER ELITE don't pass the eye test but they are sneaky good...ALOT of wins on the resume of these kids.

and TAL WEBB F Cardinal Newman is NOT playing AAU this summer...she is in KENYA doing her CBSL building schools for underprivileged.

I think Flores,Cargill, Leong and Hoyem are good players, but tend to get overlooked in the ratings because the players above them play against tougher competition on a more regular basis.

I think Flores,Cargill, Leong and Hoyem are good players, but tend to get overlooked in the ratings because the players above them play against tougher competition on a more regular basis.

I personally thought HOYEM was the 2nd best big(in that class) I watched last year behind DeCosta.

GURU TOP 4

1. DeCosta SMS
2. Hoyem MA
3. Peanut Pleasant Valley
4. Van Dyke CAMPO

??? OAKRIDGE BIGS???
to be perfectly honest I was never impressed with the Oakridge bigs. I know they are getting a lot of STARS after their names...but I've watched them/team get beat badly too many times over the last couple of yrs to fully endorse. The STARS are based on projection at the next level so perhaps their college coaches can pull out the greatness expected.

1 other BIG of note***
A. Lockard BC I haven't seen her play since her FROSH yr....so I don't have a take on her. I don't have enough info for a ranking/rating....

as far as Flores and Cargill of CN? I don't think they are being overlooked. I honestly think their rankings are fair.

I personally thought HOYEM was the 2nd best big(in that class) I watched last year behind DeCosta.

GURU TOP 4

1. DeCosta SMS
2. Hoyem MA
4. Van Dyke CAMPO

??? OAKRIDGE BIGS???
to be perfectly honest I was never impressed with the Oakridge bigs. I know they are getting a lot of STARS after their names...but I've watched them/team get beat badly too many times over the last couple of yrs to fully endorse. The STARS are based on projection at the next level so perhaps their college coaches can pull out the greatness expected.

1 other BIG of note***
A. Lockard BC I haven't seen her play since her FROSH yr....so I don't have a take on her. I don't have enough info for a ranking/rating....

as far as Flores and Cargill of CN? I don't think they are being overlooked. I honestly think their rankings are fair.

Wow! Hoyem? if that was actually the case (i think you're being a bit too generous) I would assume more power 5 schools would have pursued her. I think being in an unchallenged league and a team that just constantly fed her in low block with no significant defensive challenge allows for big scoring numbers. Not really sure about her defense ability?

I did see her play scrimmage against Mitty and she was controlled and held in check pretty easily. The Mitty front line scored, rebounded and blocked her consistently.

It would be good to see her in a situation against faster paced and more athletic teams on a consistent basis.

Good luck to her in the Ivy League. Which specific schools have offered her?

Wow! Hoyem? if that was actually the case (i think you're being a bit too generous) I would assume more power 5 schools would have pursued her. I think being in an unchallenged league and a team that just constantly fed her in low block with no significant defensive challenge allows for big scoring numbers. Not really sure about her defense ability?

I did see her play scrimmage against Mitty and she was controlled and held in check pretty easily. The Mitty front line scored, rebounded and blocked her consistently.

It would be good to see her in a situation against faster paced and more athletic teams on a consistent basis.

Good luck to her in the Ivy League. Which specific schools have offered her?

I saw her play against SMS last year at the CN Classic and thought she was a beast.
I watched her play every game and thought she had a huge CN classic.
I've also gotten some good reports on her from the people I trust from the FEVER who have been very complimentary of her.

I will find out about the IVY league situation and as soon as I get good info I will pass it along.
Perhaps another NCP person knows the answer?

not saying hoyem isnt a good player but I also think putting her right behind decosta is tad generous. Like sjbasket, I saw the scrimmage against AM and was not THAT impressed.

Do you know what pool they are in in chicago?

not saying hoyem isnt a good player but I also think putting her right behind decosta is tad generous. Like sjbasket, I saw the scrimmage against AM and was not THAT impressed.

Do you know what pool they are in in chicago?

College coaches and scouts are usually a good indicator as to talent level and future upside of player 1-2 years down the road. If she is that good, I would assume the offers would substantiate her ranking.

don't get me wrong or mistake what I mean by my rankings..

I think HOYEM, PEANUT & VAN DYKE are all EXCELLENT and would gladly take
any of them for my CN squad. I just prefer HOYEM, PEANUT, VAN DYKE in that order.
Others may see it differently and that's fine.

FEVER lost their 1st game in Chicago. Won their second. (1-1)
COPENHAGEN DIVISION

STREAK ONE:
They head to Vegas 7/22-25 and then to Irvine the following weekend.

And I think that's it...

Good luck to everybody the rest of the summer..

and I hope Cal Stars goes on to win the NIKE National Championship!! VIVA CALIFORNIA!!!

Last edited:
If Hoyem were 6-2 or 6-3, the scouts, seeing her as a real low-post threat at the college level, would be enthusiastic. But she's 5-11 or so. That really hurts her. And, of course, dominating the PAL does her few favors. There is very little, if any, competition for her down low in that league. But she works very hard and gets a lot out of her abilities. Any high school program would love to have her.

Reactions: OnBall8
Thank you for the info. I will change those teams.

Where is Fever Elite playing at this month?

FEVER ended up 4-1 in Chicago...tied for 1st in their bracket but lost tie breaker.
They were in the COPENHAGEN division which was the bracket(just below) next down from the EYBL.

They head to Las Vegas this week... 7/23-25
and then they are off to Irvine Ca...... 7/27-30.

and that's it for the summer

Reactions: basketba11

GURU TOP 4

1. DeCosta SMS
2. Hoyem MA
4. Van Dyke CAMPO

??? OAKRIDGE BIGS???

1 other BIG of note***

Be sure to catch Greer and her M-A team in te Eastside Prep Coaches vs Cancer Classic this Dec 28-30. Also in the field is one of the other top posts in the country, 6-3 Ramani Parker (rising JR offered by Clemson, Michigan, Louisville, LMU, Fresno State, Arizona State, UNLV, Oregon State, and UCLA.) Maybe I should match them up in the first round?

Last edited:
They were in the COPENHAGEN division which was the bracket(just below) next down from the EYBL.
where were the division rankings written? there were 28 16/17u brackets.. I'm just wondering what makes you think that the copenhagen division was the strongest?? It was filled with 16u/2019 teams... when, just from a glance, Helsinki, Tokyo, and Warsaw look like much stronger brackets.

Be sure to catch Greer and her M-A team in te Eastside Prep Coaches vs Cancer Classic this Dec 28-30. Also in the field is one of the other top posts in the country, 6-3 Ramani Parker (rising JR offered by Clemson, Michigan, Louisville, LMU, Fresno State, Arizona State, UNLV, Oregon State, and UCLA.) Maybe I should match them up in the first round?
where were the division rankings written? there were 28 16/17u brackets.. I'm just wondering what makes you think that the copenhagen division was the strongest?? It was filled with 16u/2019 teams... when, just from a glance, Helsinki, Tokyo, and Warsaw look like much stronger brackets.

Has anyone listed the D1 offers any of the Fever players have received?

the ve

GURU TOP 4

1. DeCosta SMS
2. Hoyem MA
4. Van Dyke CAMPO

??? OAKRIDGE BIGS???

1 other BIG of note***

OK.....

after watching HOYEM play a few more games this summer I realize I may have over
over rated her slightly.....She is not better than Peanut or Van Dyke.
I saw her play limited games last yr...with a larger amount of games viewed I have altered my ranking. Still a good hs player but not on the level of the other 2.

Vegas was NOT sanctioned. Irvine was..

BOTH were CAL STORM tourneys.

BOTH were poorly run, overpriced and a waste of time IMO.

STRAIGHT $$$$ grab by Cal Storm....especially Irvine

the only good thing to come out of Irvine (IMO)
was getting to watch the FEVER(without Hoyem) beat Team Taurasi.
Tallest starter on Fever was 5'8....with a 5'10 girl coming off bench...
and listening to the TT parents complain and wonder how the FEVER (with no athletes, according to the TT parents) continue to get open shots(and make them) against all the D1 athletes of TT.

It was quite amusing listening to them....

Last edited:
thats almost criminal to take money from people expecting college coaches to be there. that's a shame. I also heard a few teams switched from the cal storm tournament to the EOT/ cal stars irvine one instead. sounds like a smart move in hindsight

thats almost criminal to take money from people expecting college coaches to be there. that's a shame. I also heard a few teams switched from the cal storm tournament to the EOT/ cal stars irvine one instead. sounds like a smart move in hindsight

15$ entrance fee EVERY day (even if only 1 game)...no cheaper entire tourny pass available
15$ parking fee everyday....with Cal Storm people sitn in business parking lots in all directions within 1/4 mile charging for parking.
***I had 1 friend who 2 college age sons (and GF's) drove in to watch their younger sister play....It was costing him over 100$/day for parking and entrance fees.

5$ 16 oz sodas/water
4$ candy

20 minute running halves....no 5 sec call....no shot clock....

and to top it all off.....at Irvine they were evaluating referees the last day!!
So in the FEVER/West coast premier last game on Saturday 6 referees were subbing in and out the entire game and it became a clusterf*** of fouls....
which of course meant most of the game was spent on the foul line as the clock ran..

Last edited:
thanks for the updates NorthBay, at least someone posting something on the girls side. I'd like to hear about how some of the individual players are looking out there though? who is playing well for the Fever-any standouts? I love watching Bri Claros, Avery and Carly Leong-they are not flashy but very solid, fundamental, smart IQ players. How are Beckman and Kelsey Forrester doing for Team Taurasi-did they play against Fever? I found some stats for JBS at saw Peanut was doing very well, but DeLapp from Oakridge not so much. Haven't heard anything about Richelle Turney this summer either or the other 2 McClatchy girls Kam Hall and Nia Lowry.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT