ADVERTISEMENT

Under Armour Fall Classic

Some good competitive basketball. Most teams were missing some pieces.
Folsom looked to be the most disciplined team and played well without Forbes.
Modesto Christian is loaded and only had one player sidelined with Injury. Surprised at how much trouble Pondo gave them.
Sheldon was missing 3-4 starters but have some young sophomores that could go.

Final 8 could shake out like this

Modesto vs Weston Ranch
Sheldon Vs Vanden

Capital vs Jesuit
Folsom Vs Sac High

Reactions: SacCoach1
Vanden & Sheledon looked good. Jesuit and Folsom both looked elite.

CO beat Sac High while both teams looked very competitive.

Pondo did give MC a little bit of trouble, good game. Pondo also won at the buzzer over Monterey Trail.

Final four was:
Vanden vs Modesto Christian
Capital vs Folsom

Championship was Folsom over Modesto Christian in OT. It was a crazy competitive game from start to finish!!

Vanden & Sheledon looked good. Jesuit and Folsom both looked elite.

CO beat Sac High while both teams looked very competitive.

Pondo did give MC a little bit of trouble, good game. Pondo also won at the buzzer over Monterey Trail.
Just looking for an explanation... You said Jesuit looked elite and Sac high looked competitive.
Sac beat Jesuit 58-34
Capital beat Jesuit 65-56

Just looking for an explanation... You said Jesuit looked elite and Sac high looked competitive.
Sac beat Jesuit 58-34
Capital beat Jesuit 65-56

Jesuit was missing almost its whole team at times due to sat's and injuries

Jesuit was missing almost its whole team at times due to sat's and injuries
I'm aware of this vuckovich that's why I asked for an explanation of Jesuit looked Elite. I'm fully aware of their potential this year but at Capital they were far from elite

It was based off potential, and seeing how it can all come together. guess the wording should've been "looked like they will be elite"

Pretty good tournament folks. Most of the top teams were missing guys, but they showed their depth. Folsom looks really good, but saying that I don't see major seperation in top 6 in city. Any of those teams can beat each other on any given night. Playoffs in the upper division will be absolute war. To say Salesiean, and Modesto Christian is above everyone is false. When it comes to playoffs and playing the Sac Area teams any can happen. Tremendous year ahead!

Pretty good tournament folks. Most of the top teams were missing guys, but they showed their depth. Folsom looks really good, but saying that I don't see major seperation in top 6 in city. Any of those teams can beat each other on any given night. Playoffs in the upper division will be absolute war. To say Salesiean, and Modesto Christian is above everyone is false. When it comes to playoffs and playing the Sac Area teams any can happen. Tremendous year ahead!

I think Folsom is pretty clearly the best team in sac heading into the season .

I know it's Fall but Sheldon played Folsom today at Folsom and won by 20. Folsom played without Jayce and Sheldon without Dom Johnson ,Tommy Baylor and Justin Nguyen. Sheldon Defensive pressure seemed to really bother Folsom and definitely had Forbes frustrated. He may have had 3 points . 4 of Folsom 22 points came from a tech and a bogus intentional foul.
Sheldon also beat Capital by 20.

Last edited:
Saw Sheldon this summer came away very impressed with there athleticism and
they can come at you in waves I do think they lack consistent outside shooting
as they have a lot of get to the basket guys but they are 8 or 9 deep and a very good team.

Lime I said last week, on any given day the top 6 teams in area can beat each other. Great parity. Outside of Salesian, top teams in Norcal are in SJS.

I was asking pass first because he said six. I would say
Sheldon
Folsom
Jesuit- so I hear I have not seen them just based on Elias King, Jake VIRGA, and if Isaiah Rutherford place.
Vanden
Everyone else is a step below including capital

I assume Modesto Christian is being counted among top 6 in SJS, they're outside of the Sac area so likely just being forgotten in this discussion or clarity between SJS and Sac area should be made.

Didn't watch the Sheldon-Folsom game, but only 22points? How does that happen...

Top 5 in SJS (no order)
MC
Sheldon
Folsom
Jesuit
Vanden

Significant drop after that
Lincoln (Stockton)
Capital Christian
Grant (Smoots health?)
Whitney
Sacramento
Oak Ridge
Weston Ranch

Didn't watch the Sheldon-Folsom game, but only 22points? How does that happen...

Top 5 in SJS (no order)
MC
Sheldon
Folsom
Jesuit
Vanden

Lincoln (Stockton)
Capital Christian
Grant (Smoots health?)
Whitney
Sacramento
Oak Ridge
Weston Ranch
From all the games I've seen this is accurate. Everyone knows Modesto is a top team but the Question or statement made by Passfirst
I DONT SEE MAJOR SEPERATION IN THE TOP 6 IN THE CITY.
I couldn't tell you 3 teams in the city other than Sheldon Folsom and Jesuit right now that are even in discussion right now. If you want to say SJS then add Vanden and Modesto Christian

Northern California is as wide open as it has ever been. If I had to put money on it I would say a SJS team will be who represents NorCal in the open division, although I am sure Salesian, O'Dowd or maybe a WCAL school will have something to say about that. This would be my SJS rankings from the Summer/Fall tournaments I have seen.

1.) Folsom- Forbes is obviously a monster and they are very senior oriented which obviously helps. Looked very in tune when I watched them. Was very surprised by Sheldon beating them this last weekend. Still think Folsom is better.

2.) Sheldon- Rollings does a great job letting his kids go play. Great guard play again like usual. I think they are better than MC although MC did beat them twice the last few months

3.) . Modesto Christian- Probably the deepest team top to bottom but do they have that 1 star kid that puts you over the top? Also believe they are primarily sophomores and juniors so maybe the clear cut team after this year.

4.) Capital Christian- They have not looked good at all but the starting 5 will be as good as anyone. Absolutely no depth that I have seen and they need to keep the big fella healthy.

5.) Jesuit- Elias King is great and was a huge addition for them. How well Rutherford plays will be the determining factor on just how good they can be.

6.) Lincoln Stockton- Andre Kelly (along with Forbes) is the best big in NorCal and having that one guy can take an average team and make them a contender. I admit I have not seen them play but just my thinking. Could easily put Vanden, Sac high or Oak Ridge in this last spot.

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
When I posted I put area, and added Sjs at the end assuming everyone would know I was saying SJS, my bad. I would also keep an eye on St Mary's of Stockton.

[
When I posted I put area, and added Sjs at the end assuming everyone would know I was saying SJS, my bad. I would also keep an eye on St Mary's of Stockton.
. Folsom looks really good, but saying that I don't see major seperation in top 6 in city.
You didnt say area you said city that's why I asked for clarification . Now we know you meant SJS

Top 5 in SJS (no order)
MC
Sheldon
Folsom
Jesuit
Vanden

Lincoln (Stockton)
Capital Christian
Grant (Smoots health?)
Whitney
Sacramento
Oak Ridge
Weston Ranch

Interested to see Whitney this year after losing their top player, Lewis. Have a couple of kids that made the All League teams, Willis and Austin. Should still be solid. Thinking if they will be considered a top contender in D2.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT