ADVERTISEMENT

University 65, Mission 50 (I think)

CityVibesII

Hall of Famer
Mar 11, 2003
Fun and active game. Mission ahead 28-22 with 3 to go in 2nd, then wheels fall off and University finds its shots. Goes on a 35 to 7 run going into the fourth. Up by as many as 20. Mission had success penetrating zone, but once inside had difficulty shooting over the trees. University is long. I would have loved to see them play S.I. this year. They LOVE their little gym. The south rim has not seen 90 degrees in at least 3 years.

Fun and active game. Mission ahead 28-22 with 3 to go in 2nd, then wheels fall off and University finds its shots. Goes on a 35 to 7 run going into the fourth. Up by as many as 20. Mission had success penetrating zone, but once inside had difficulty shooting over the trees. University is long. I would have loved to see them play S.I. this year. They LOVE their little gym. The south rim has not seen 90 degrees in at least 3 years.
Exactly what happened to Riordan last week...Uni's band box gym is a huge homecourt advantage.

It's interesting that University has scheduled some good teams (Riordan, Mission) around some pretty mediocre teams. I would assume University wants some competition. Unless they want to play some teams they know they will beat and get in some practice against some live competition. University is also hosting a ton of home games during the preseason which is to their advantage.

It's interesting that University is undefeated but wouldn't that work against them when NorCals come around? Unless scheduling some mediocre teams helps them be seeded lower? This whole competitive equity model is going to bring some interesting seeding come March.

Mission's already lost more games than last season. ASSUMING Mission wins the AAA, they may not be seeded as high with some of their losses this season. I haven't seen enough of the other AAA teams to know who's going to be #2 team in the AAA.

As a Coach of an opposing Team, you’d just love to take your Team to play in a University-like setting. Cracker-Box setting, good players, pumped up Parents and Fans who love Basketball and who cheer for their team no matter what. I like what University is doing and I was overhearing the Coaching Staff and parents saying they will play anyone and they will especially host. I like what I saw last night. Small gym, but certainly a Basketball atmosphere that all kids need to experience. Naturally, by Mission being the Div. III State Champs, every team is going to play them super tough, like it’s a Championship Game. Mission lacks an on the Court Leader. Ben Knight is a stud, but this is his first year as a starter and he really took over the duties of Team Leader from Harris and he’s just getting used to these duties as his personality is very quite, yet electrifying, but he has to step up his vocal skills to get others going. Mission is going through the after you win the Championship Year and with a usual competitive schedule, these teams are going right at them. They should be ready for Norcals tho. They will definitely be battle-tested come March 2018.

University needs to fix both of those tilted rims. Now come on, it’s not like University doesn’t have the funds to do it. This is an obvious home-court advantage or a reason to make a neglect allegation lol But, a visiting team should go in there tho, even if you’re worried about a loss on your record, shucks, the experience is worth it

It's interesting that University has scheduled some good teams (Riordan, Mission) around some pretty mediocre teams. I would assume University wants some competition. Unless they want to play some teams they know they will beat and get in some practice against some live competition. University is also hosting a ton of home games during the preseason which is to their advantage.

It's interesting that University is undefeated but wouldn't that work against them when NorCals come around? Unless scheduling some mediocre teams helps them be seeded lower? This whole competitive equity model is going to bring some interesting seeding come March.

Mission's already lost more games than last season. ASSUMING Mission wins the AAA, they may not be seeded as high with some of their losses this season. I haven't seen enough of the other AAA teams to know who's going to be #2 team in the AAA.
Coach Randy B has literally had the same preseason schedule for the last 10 Year’s with a few games being different. They don’t travel to often in the preseason. They have played Mission, Galileo, Balboa, Riordan and the blue and gold tourney 7 of the last 10 Year’s.
They didn’t change their approach to scheduling with new guidelines.

Reactions: jordan24
University needs to fix both of those tilted rims. Now come on, it’s not like University doesn’t have the funds to do it. This is an obvious home-court advantage or a reason to make a neglect allegation lol But, a visiting team should go in there tho, even if you’re worried about a loss on your record, shucks, the experience is worth it
Both teams play on the same rims! No excuses.

Serra and University are both in the MC tourney and I am hoping for a Serra vs University final in the Marin Catholic Tourney. Serra could also play Heritage as well.

Reactions: jordan24
Coach Randy B has literally had the same preseason schedule for the last 10 Year’s with a few games being different. They don’t travel to often in the preseason. They have played Mission, Galileo, Balboa, Riordan and the blue and gold tourney 7 of the last 10 Year’s.
They didn’t change their approach to scheduling with new guidelines.

Thanks for pointing out. I don't go and dissect every team's preseason schedule year to year. I just happened to noticed this year. I may not even notice next year.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT