ADVERTISEMENT

Wait what just happened??

I was JUST coming to say what happened!!

Is it too late to adjust ??? Wow

Wow. Powerful stuff.

You've gotta re-seed right!? Bump Newman up to 6, Bishop O' Dowd up to 7, and then the last spot becomes tricky..... either give Mitty the bye(most likely) or see if a brave program is willing to take on the 8th spot? Crickets.......

Any school that steps up to take on Mitty in the first round is worthy of a big banner in my book! Make the CIF pay for it! Maybe even the dalai drama Gil Lemmon or the big tuna Roger Gates themselves!?

Realistically though, Mitty deserves the bye and bump Newman and O' Dowd up a spot! Let's get this one right! No free ride for Pinewood!

Unfair at this point to other teams to reseed since it throws off every bracket, which has games going tomorrow.

Must have been something bad to forfeit a NorCal game.

Wonder if there will be NCS/CIF punishment like Serra football got for forfeiting a playoff football game a few years back.

You couldn't reseed the entire thing obviously with games starting tomorrow. And nobody would volunteer to go up into the open.

But you could EASILY reseed the open itself. Give Mitty the bye, slide Newman up to 6 to take on Pinewood and O'Dowd up to 7 to take on SMS. Literally the only two camps it would affect from a logistical standpoint are CN and O'Dowd, who I'm sure would welcome this change and not view it as unfair. For example, Bishop O' Dowd would have 3 days to figure out how they are going to get their basketball team to Stockton on Friday night instead of San Jose...... Pretty simple stuff.

Unfair at this point to other teams to reseed since it throws off every bracket, which has games going tomorrow.

Must have been something bad to forfeit a NorCal game.

Wonder if there will be NCS/CIF punishment like Serra football got for forfeiting a playoff football game a few years back.

Well, I wouldn't ask them to reseed the entire tournament, just the Open, and give AM the bye not pinewood (who by Doc's statement sounds like they don't want it anyway).

What I heard is not good.. but will wait and see what c-let says.

And I would consider this a very different situation from what Serra was trying to do. They were choosing, as a school/athletic department to not play that game. C-let is punishing their team for actions that resulted in a "violation of team rules at a non-sanctioned event off-campus"... very different situations

Last edited:
Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
So here's what should have happened, and maybe it even did.

The first round bye should have been offerred to the highest seed (Mitty). If they did not want to change plans mid-stream, then it should have been offerred to the second seed (SMS). If they didn't want a bye, then it would fall to Pinewood.

If I were coaching Mitty or SMS, I would not want the bye because it would be too long a layoff. I'm guessing that's why Doc doesn't seem to want it either.

If I were coaching Mitty or SMS, I would not want the bye because it would be too long a layoff. I'm guessing that's why Doc doesn't seem to want it either.

Ask any university next week if they would take a first round bye in the NCAA tournament... makes your goal that much more attainable by eliminating the risk of losing one game.. now everyone else has to go 4-0 but pinewood has to go 3-0.. that's a noticeable difference, plus they get extra time to prep for SMS, anyone would take that.. and while, its not PW's fault, they still did not earn that bye.

Nothing is going to change, so it's all for not, but this is a decently big deal nonetheless

Reactions: DonniePeckerwood
So because of Carondelet's players actions and subsequent punishment, you are hurting #2 seed SMS and #3 seed Pinewood by making them play a team they haven't been working on since Sunday?

I think a penalty could be coming Carondelet's way

No way man, I don't like that spin. By reseeding you are rewarding Mitty for being the best and most deserving team of getting a bye and not letting Pinewood undeservingly get off the hook. SMS and Pinewood aren't getting hurt by having to play O'Dowd and Newman as opposed to Carondelet and Newman..... don't like that take with all due respect.

SMS and Pinewood are big time programs. I have a feeling they take that nameless/faceless approach for the most part when preparing themselves for playoffs. They care far more about their own backyards before worrying too much about their neighbors and the world around them! That's what makes them so successful.

Do the right thing and send O'Dowd to SMS and Cardinal Newman to Pinewood! And do it today!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT