Sports Fanatic
Apr 30, 2017
CALL 916
El Cerrito, Marcellous Pippins CB
Deer Valley, Robert Taylor FS
Pittsburg, Chima Onyeukwu LB
Los Lomas, Noah Osur-Myers OL
Milpitas, Christian Haangana OL

Both Southern Cal and Washington State are 4-0 on the season. The Trojans have beaten Western Michigan University, Stanford, Texas and CAL. The Cougars have beaten Montana State, Boise State, Oregon State and Nevada. Offensively, I expect SC's game plan will be to run the ball down the Cougars throat. I expect Wazzu to throw the ball a ton at the Trojans mediocre secondary. Not sure why Bay Area elite product Isiah Langley isn't starting over Iman Marshall at CB. I say that because everyone on this side of Mississippi says Marshall is fit to be a Safety not a CB including myself. I have the Trojans winning a back and forth game with a final score of 28-21 over Wazzu.

The game is set for Friday @ 7:30pm on ESPN.

Last edited:
USC has looked super suspect and times and has been lucky to win a few times already. They better get it together before they play UW!

On that note, pretty awesome to see norcal talent on the big stage. USC has been tested and played better opponents than WSU which will make them more prepared for this game. WSU had 1 test against a Boise team who just lost to Virginia and they should have lost that game. USC wins this game pretty easily.

I am not being negative you just have a track record of plugging Folsom into every single thread on these message boards.

Reactions: townbiz24
I am not being negative you just have a track record of plugging Folsom into every single thread on these message boards.
USC playing anyone in the PAC12 has nothing to do with anything Folsom. Stop being paranoid and enjoy football.

The PAC12 is awesome this year!

umm your comment about playing UW... was definitely directed to bring up a Jake Browning discussion....

El Cerrito, Marcellous Pippins CB
Deer Valley, Robert Taylor FS
Pittsburg, Chima Onyeukwu LB
Los Lomas, Noah Osur-Myers OL
Milpitas, Christian Haangana OL

Both Southern Cal and Washington State are 4-0 on the season. The Trojans have beaten Western Michigan University, Stanford, Texas and CAL. The Cougars have beaten Montana State, Boise State, Oregon State and Nevada. Offensively, I expect SC's game plan will be to run the ball down the Cougars throat. I expect Wazzu to throw the ball a ton at the Trojans mediocre secondary. Not sure why Bay Area elite product Isiah Langley isn't started over Iman Marshall at CB. I say that because eveyone on this side of Mississippi says Marshall is fit to be a Safety not a CB including myself. I have the Trojans winning a back and forth game with a final score of 28-21 over Wazzu.

The game is set for Friday @ 7:30pm on ESPN.

as good as Langley is, I've never seen him being better than Iman Marshall. According to this, he's behind Jack Jones on the depth chart

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/usc/92269

Reactions: NorCalHSFan
as good as Langley is, I've never seen him being better than Iman Marshall. According to this, he's behind Jack Jones on the depth chart

http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/depth-chart/usc/92269
Agree that he's behind Jack Jack on the depth chart but from what I've heard he should be playing opposite Jack Jack on the other side of the field. This is from die hard Trojan fans that are at practice and games. They see Marshall as a starting safety not CB. I just happen to believe the same thing. That said, I'll be closely watching SC's #24 in this game as well as #21 for Wazzu. Will be fun watching all the Bay talent on a nationally televised stage for all to see.

Agree that he's behind Jack Jack on the depth chart but from what I've heard he should be playing opposite Jack Jack on the other side of the field. This is from die hard Trojan fans that are at practice and games. They see Marshall as a starting safety not CB. I just happen to believe the same thing. That said, I'll be closely watching SC's #24 in this game as well as #21 for Wazzu. Will be fun watching all the Bay talent on a nationally televised stage for all to see.

When I was watching the hair raising finish to the Texas/USC game a couple weeks ago I was looking really hard for Langley, but never saw him.

When I was watching the hair raising finish to the Texas/USC game a couple weeks ago I was looking really hard for Langley, but never saw him.
I was looking for him to play in that game as well Bubba. That said, he did get some run against CAL last week. He showed up to make a tackle or two. Played solid coverage as well. Showed good instincts as well as reaction when the ball was thrown his way. He also did a solid job attacking the ball carrier during the time he was in the game. I'm sure you know like I do that it is very hard to gauge a player when they're only playing a limited time of the game. Same goes for a Bay area talent that plays on the Wazzu team. I will never understand the philosophy of a coach that pulls his most productive starting CB after the second possession. But he doesn't pull the other CB opposite him. Crazy.

Will be fun watching all the Bay talent on a nationally televised stage for all to see.
Quick glance at USC's roster shows
Godfrey, Je'Quari CB 6-2 185 Fr. Oakland, CA Bishop O'Dowd
Langley, Isaiah CB 6-0 175 Jr. Hayward, CA Foothill
McKenzie, Jalen OT 6-5 305 Fr. Concord, CA Clayton Valley
Vera-Tucker, Alijah OG-OT 6-4 300 Fr. Oakland, CA Bishop O'Dowd
http://usctrojans.com/roster.aspx?path=football
with 2 sac kids
Falo, Josh TE 6-6 235 Fr. Sacramento, CA
Smith, Cameron ILB 6-2 250 Jr. Roseville, CA
Have not been able to catch too many college games but yes it is a treat to see the local kids ball out on TV .

with 2 sac kids
Have not been able to catch too many college games but yes it is a treat to see the local kids ball out on TV .

I met Cameron Smith four years ago at a Cal/Northwestern game where there were lots of recruits in attendance. Nice kid, nice dad.

with 2 sac kids
Agree and my two most favorite Trojans are Cam and Isaiah. Cam has done a great job in the middle for SC and he has made all of NorCal especially the SJS proud that SC's defense starts with a local Granite Bay kid.

USC has looked super suspect and times and has been lucky to win a few times already. They better get it together before they play UW!
SC has had lots of injuries this season, eight starters out at various times. Lost two or three dline starters in the Texas game alone. When healthy I still think they're the best team in the PAC.Didnt have their starting TB or TE last week vs Cal. In fact, that TE, Daniel Imatorbhebe is a huge weapon, and he hasn't played a down since the first half of the opener. When does UW play SC? Always a great battle between those two. Of course, I'm a huge Trojan football fan.

Agree and my two most favorite Trojans are Cam and Isaiah. Cam has done a great job in the middle for SC and he has made all of NorCal especially the SJS proud that SC's defense starts with a local Granite Bay kid.
Beast in the middle, great leadership

Reactions: JoeMixon
Another local kid from that same graduating class that's ripping it up at the next level is former SRV OL Dru Samia at Oklahoma. Dru isn't talked about much in this forum and I'm sure it was because he quit on his team down the stretch his senior season and moved to Sacramento to finish school and lift weights with his uncles to prepare for OU. He was the starting right tackle at OU his true freshman year and last year they moved him to right guard, a better fit IMO. Any way you slice it, it's rare to see a true freshman start on the offensive line of a premium Big 12 program as a true freshman. I expect to see him in the NFL in a year or two.

Reactions: coachlittle
Falk is better than Halliday. DD loves the small town feel of Pullman. Can you believe yearly tuition in-state is south of $11k?
200-300 RVs get to park in school lots for the weekend to tailgate. Coug fans are rabid. Should be a decent game. Going to wear a Geno Carlisle jersey for my last Dads weekend vs the Jr U from the South Bay. Whole lotta crimson...

Reactions: concrete17

UW doesn't look as good as last season. I doubt they make it through the conference unscathed. I can see Washington St clipping USC tonight too.

UW doesn't look as good as last season.
Still a top 10 team in college football. Something to be proud of. Especially with a hometown kid at the helm! It could be worse. We could be looking at local junior college kids instead of D1 standouts!;) Loud and proud!

1315.3 says most profs cancelled F classes....that's a community behind a program.
Go Cougs.

Ummmmm, not really supposed to say that if one roots for the purple school. jk

A W is a W. SC was down a few guys so that's a factor. But it's SC! There can be few excuses. Wazzu gets the Pac12 recruits the SoCal guys pass on.

ESPN guys were gushing for the mega market 20 million metropolis school to crush the podunks; with 1:30 left and down, "Darnold is the projected #1 pick for a reason. He loves being in these spots. Great decision maker and ice in his veins."

Oops. Fumble. Cougs win.

The walk on Faulk looks like the winner to me... And Mike Price was unreal in his interview at halftime. Just punked ESPN reporter. USC was the worse top #5 team I've seen. They haven't had one impressive game this season. Even an average CAL team had them on the ropes.

Wash looks just fine... They keep rolling.

Reactions: TheFolsomBulldog
Falk is better than Halliday. DD loves the small town feel of Pullman. Can you believe yearly tuition in-state is south of $11k?
200-300 RVs get to park in school lots for the weekend to tailgate. Coug fans are rabid. Should be a decent game. Going to wear a Geno Carlisle jersey for my last Dads weekend vs the Jr U from the South Bay. Whole lotta crimson...

Good luck and congratulations
We know there was a lot of parental sacrifice to get to this point. Enjoy the moment

Reactions: remc and 1315
I was at the game (my son plays for WSU). Great atmosphere before, during and after the game. We had SC fans at our tailgate, very nice folks. WSU was missing its top 2 defensive players and I know SC was banged up as well. Wazzu has rabid but chill fans, so if any of you ever travel with your team to the Palouse, you will be treated in a friendly, civil and respectful manner.

The walk on Faulk looks like the winner to me... And Mike Price was unreal in his interview at halftime. Just punked ESPN reporter. USC was the worse top #5 team I've seen. They haven't had one impressive game this season. Even an average CAL team had them on the ropes.

Wash looks just fine... They keep rolling.
SC haters in full force!! Wazzu got the win, good for them. Missing 8 starters will make a good team look less than impressive. Losing 3 oline starters and replacing them with 2 freshmen won’t help you either. Enjoy it haters

SC haters in full force!! Wazzu got the win, good for them. Missing 8 starters will make a good team look less than impressive. Losing 3 oline starters and replacing them with 2 freshmen won’t help you either. Enjoy it haters
Not hating whatsoever and I love watching them play personally. But I'd like to think we'd agree that since week 1, they've been extremely overrated. That would be very tough to dispute.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT