ADVERTISEMENT

WCAL Soccer 2-10-2015

Irish_Cheers

Hall of Famer
May 11, 2008
Sacred Heart Cathedral beat Riordan 3-0 but the Crusaders still have a chance to finish out of the cellar with two games left.

SHC's JV's lost 1-0 and the Irish Frosh won 11-0 over Riordan but while the Irish have a chance to win the WCAL title, Riordan has a good shot to finish out of last place this season. It would be good to see them be more competitive but I wonder how the peninsula schools felt when SHC started winning. It used to be they'd win 4 games on the year but since 2012, they've won two CCS titles with a shot at winning a third this season.

S.I. beat Serra 1-0
St. Francis beat Mitty 1-0
Bellarmine beat Valley Christian 7-0

CCS titles are watered down and mean nothing
Oh, right. Forget it then. What's beating St. Francis, shutting out Bellarmine twice and beating a one-loss team for a CCS championship while Bellarmine upended an undefeated team for the D-I title?

Last edited:
Not directed at you Irish cheers just a comment in general. SH is very good and the players today are excellent as well. I'm talking about the watered down system in place that was created by the leadership.

Not directed at you Irish cheers just a comment in general. SH is very good and the players today are excellent as well. I'm talking about the watered down system in place that was created by the leadership.

OK. I wondered why you would say that after I said positive things about Riordan's improvement this season.

For soccer this year, they've instituted an Open Division. League champs will be in that division. Irish and S.I. will be in Division II.

That's a better way to determine the championship, let the best play the best.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT